Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Just moved from D2 to D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Just flash the IPC with the “MY07+ pre-07” software as you have a 2006 vehicle it seems. You’ll get clock on dash but no lit red FBH light. Thumbs Up

Edit: realized you want the red light Mr. Green

Post #199372421st Oct 2018 8:19 pm
indy4x

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Well I want a light, can live with the red FBH light as its better than nothing

Post #19978934th Nov 2018 10:50 pm
indy4x

D3 has taken a back seat recently while I catchup with DIY stuff to keep the wife happy and spend some time on the D1 to get it ready for an MOT.

I have occasionally had an issue with a water leak when its raining, top of the drivers A pillar and front edge of the headlining get very wet.

It was suggested it could be the A pillar trims, didn't think this would cause it as the wet bits are above the hole for the trim clips but replaced them anyway as they were only pennies.

Jumped in it today and yes it is wet again, its an SE so no sunroofs (learnt my lesson there with my D2 ES) so just been searcing the forum on possible causes and it looks like my next job will be to remove the roof trim strips and seal up the seam underneath. if that fails to fix it then windscreen bonding is next on the hitlist.

Post #19978944th Nov 2018 10:55 pm
indy4x

So last night, with the forecast predicting lots of rain I got my Censored into gear and removed the drivers side roof trim, cleaned out the channel and applied some sealant to the front part of the seam that is hidden underneath.

As I also have water dripping into the drivers footwell close to the A panel I also removed the OS A pillar trim, had already replaced the trim clips with the new style but hadn't removed the bottom locating pin.

Fitted another set of new clips, removed the bottom locating pin, applied the patch over the now redundant lower hole, reattached the upper locating pin with 2 pack epoxy and once the glue had gone off reattached the trim.

This morning when leaving for work we hadn't had much of the predicted downpour so was too early to tell if the repairs had been sucessful however during the day it was non stop torrential rain. Jumped in the Disco to come home tonight and no new puddles or damp patches, its early days but hopefully thats another 2 jobs ticked off the to do list (fingers crossed emoji required)

Post #200422127th Nov 2018 10:20 pm
indy4x

Had an hour spare tonight to installed the tow bar storage bracket thingy that I bought off a fellow forum member several months ago, I had previously looked at it and couldn't get the side carpet trim out, gave it a more determined effort tonight and tis now sorted Thumbs Up

And dug out the new tow bar cover clips and fitted these, no more cable ties needed to hold the cover on

Post #200422527th Nov 2018 10:24 pm
indy4x

Today I purchased a Travall dog guard off eBay, £30 so well happy with that

Post #200422827th Nov 2018 10:28 pm
indy4x

And it gets better, my Brother picked up the dog guard for me as it was in Bristol. They seller gave him a D3 rear load cover while he was there FOC 8)

Post #20052941st Dec 2018 11:04 pm
indy4x

Quick update on recent activity

Been having a problem with the air suspension dropping while parked up, this has been getting progressively worse and started generating faults so ordered 2 new rear air suspension units, air compressor rebuild kit, S/H front and rear crossover valve blocks and the valve block by the compressor plus O ring kits.

By the 22nd Dec all the bits had arrived so into the garage and replaced the rear air suspension units, overhauled the compressor and the valve blocks refitted and all is good (ish)

Didn't do the cross over valve blocks as they were a just in case.

Looks like I have a minor air leak somewhere as it still drops slightly overnight so need to get it back into my garage and start looking for leaks

On the 23rd I also gave it an enngine oil and filter change plus another gearbox double flush with new filter plus a tube of Dr Tranny.

So far it has covered 9000 miles since buying it back at the end of June

Post #20162457th Jan 2019 11:10 pm
indy4x

While clearing the faults following the suspension work I notice the battery was over charging, this was on the 23rd Dec. Phoned loads of factors on the 24th and most were closed but found one in Abergavenny that had an alternator in stock, picked up lunchtime on the 24th nd then fitted on Boxing day.

Unfortunately not a Denso unit but at least I have a functioning D3 for now

Post #20162477th Jan 2019 11:13 pm
indy4x

So as per other thread, after fitting the replacement alternator I was getting issues with the EPB and radio, turns out the new alternator from the local motor factors was over charging worse than the one on the car

Ordered a nes Denso from Advanced Factors plus an engine oil temperature sender as GAP was reporting my oil temp as minus figures.

Fitted both today, didn't manage to do it without draining the sump so yet another oil change completed

Post #202036020th Jan 2019 12:26 am
indy4x

Next on the list of not working things is the FBH

Fitted an Altox GPS unit over Christmas and now the FBH has stopped working. Also have to move the Altox unit from under the bonnet to inside the cab as we have poor signal where its parked so doesn't always want to communicate.

Post #202036920th Jan 2019 12:57 am
indy4x

Had a day off work today so spent some time on the D3 again.

Needed to get 4 wheel alignment done so this morning checking all of the adjustable bolts were free and then stripped, cleaned and greased the rear control arms as they weren't too clever. Then used the guided suspension calibration to check and adjust the ride heights

While going over the suspension bolts I discovered that on the lower front arms, the 2 rear mounts did not have the tabs punched that the offset washers butt against to adjust the suspension Evil or Very Mad

Used a local outfit with Hunter 4 wheel alignment kit and it took them ages because of the issue with the missing tabs but didn't charge extra, but then having all the adjusters free might have helped.

When I booked it in yesterday the receptionist pulled a face when I mentioned it was a D3, quizzed her and she did they don't like doing them as the bolts are usually seized, told her it would be fine as would ensure they were all freed off and ready to go to which she replies that they probably wouldn't be to their standard, cheeky mare Laughing

Spent some time tonight running cables for the Altox unit so I can move it from the battery box to inside the car. FBH is now playing up as well so another job to do Rolling Eyes

Post #202211125th Jan 2019 1:43 am
essee

Wales 

Amazing work here! You're a beast!

I've been floating around here loads recently, as I'm considering buying my bro-in-law's '06 SE. Your thread is starting to give me nightmares though! Smile

Post #202215225th Jan 2019 9:57 am
indy4x

Dont let it give you nightmares, this is just mine, they are not all as much trouble and if you know the car already you will have an idea if it is a money pit or not.

Between myself and my friends we have 7 Disco 3's. One of them has an early one from new, went to buy the last of the D2 from Stratstone in Newport and came away with a new D3 instead, apart from servicing its been no trouble. Out of the remainder the only big expense as been a replacement rear differential aside from servicing items

Post #202265426th Jan 2019 10:15 pm
indy4x

Been giving some thought to the missing adjustment stops on the front wishbone mounts. The fromt lower arms were replaced bu its previous owner, just wondering if the bolts were siezed and they used a grinder to remove the heads and buzzed off the adustment stops (if thats the correct term for them)

Post #202266026th Jan 2019 10:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >