Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Has there just been a signifcant update to PTI capability ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
rsk21

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
Has there just been a signifcant update to PTI capability ?

Apologies If I am deemed to be duplicate posting - I just posted a question a thread below entitled "Nokia 9300 and PTI" and then went off and had a quick look at the LR webiste which might have answered my own question.

There seems to be a new set of documentation up regarding the PTI kit which seems a lot more comprehensive than I remember seeing before in the form of a very extensive list of supported phones with detailed functionality and set up guides etc. Click link below and then go into section entitled "Which handsets and software versions"

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Di...hicPromo_1

The thing that really caught my eye was listed in the section entitled "PTI/Bluetooth frequently asked questions" which seems to infer that Bluetooth connections can now support access to the phonebook on compatible phones which I understand was hitherto not available unless connected via a cradle.

Q. Can numbers in the phonebook be scrolled through using the vehicle's controls?
A. Yes, where phonebook transfer is supported by your handset. Phonebook transfer is even automatic with some phones.

In addition it seems to imply that the touchscreen can now also be used to view call info and make calls if you have navigation installed but no mention of versions involved - Has this always been case ?

Apologies if I am getting overexcited about nothing and have the wrong end of the stick but am collecting my PTI enabled car on Monday and this looks like anice bonus based on what I was expecting having previously viewed the bluetooth documentation on the LR site - can anybody else shed any light on this ?

RSK

Post #12906310th Feb 2007 11:21 am
rsk21

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Sadly it has just dawned on me that the touch screen functionality refernced probably only applies to RR and not Discovery so seems I was getting a little carried away.

However the phonebook download seems to be a new addition if I have read that correctly - can anybody confirm ?

Post #12907210th Feb 2007 12:56 pm
ethanicus

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Phone Book Access via Bluethooth

On my last car I was only able to access my phone book by copying the numbers to the sim card and enabling sim access on the phone (Nokia E60). With sim access disable I was only able to make a receive calls. This shold be the case on the Disco 3. If somebody could test this out I would be greatful as I dont have Disco to test in on yet.
 07 Java Black HSE TDV6  
Post #12907310th Feb 2007 1:04 pm
TDMP

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3
Re: Phone Book Access via Bluethooth

ethanicus wrote:
If somebody could test this out I would be greatful as I dont have Disco to test in on yet.

Ahh! An excuse to spend time with the D3 in the morning Whistle

I'll let you know how I get on.
 Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
(Epicurus BC 341-270) 

Post #12907510th Feb 2007 1:26 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

Phone book functionality over bluetooth is as you say a 'phone' feature rather than the bluetooth kit function. I have a SonyEricsson bluetooth kit with phonebook transfer function with compatible phones. So, if I use my wife's old T610 if works fine - if I use my P910 which is much newer, it doesn't work, because this phone (unlike the older T610) doesn't support this function! If the LR kit is able to use this feature any bluetooth phone that supports phonebook transfer will work fine. However, if you are into your gadgets and have the latest all singing/dancing phone you might find that it is not supported because of the way in which the phone stores the phone book data. Most phone manufacturer's websites will tell you if your phone supports this. But if you have voice dialing (that works) this is of course not a problem!

Post #12908210th Feb 2007 2:29 pm
TDMP

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I copied my phone book to my phone's SIM and tried to access it from the car - no luck.

I have an i-mate jasjam, and cannot find anywhere in the phone's manual or the manuf.s web which states that the phone supports this feature.

Sad
 Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
(Epicurus BC 341-270) 

Post #12914611th Feb 2007 2:54 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >