DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

K&N Air Filter(33-2333)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nu2it

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
K&N Air Filter(33-2333)

Hi all,
As the moniker suggests I'm new to the whole Land Rover Disco 3 thing. I've had mine for coming up for a month now and love it Very Happy Apart from a couple of warning light issues that were sorted by my local dealer I've had nothing untoward happen and look forward to finding out more about it in the future.
I do have a question I hope any of you old hands out there might be able to shed some light on for me. I've heard and read about the K&N Air Filter(33-2333) improving performance and was wondering what the general consensus is on them. I'm not looking to take on the boy racers but do want a smooth running motor and to be as economical as I can.
Looking forward to the replies flooding in.

Thanks

Post #5958082nd Feb 2010 10:16 pm
chrisc

England 

when i had my d2 td5 and was on lro.com this was a regular topic,theres a post on that site re k+n filters,someone did a scientific test and proved that the said filters are'nt really any good for the engine as they let more pollutants into the engine but do add a minimal amount of extra bhp,i think it was around 2-4 bhp,i had one in myself for 3 years didnt really make that much difference but it did sound like it had a bit more grunt to it,when i put an lr paper airfilter back in it it did sound smoother they are also a lot cheaper than a k+n filter and dont have to clean paper filters just buy another,im not after a challenge with the boy racers myself but im confident my d3 will leave most standing at the lights if it had to unlike my d2,ive only had my d3 for 3 months now and still love it,as for the economy or lack of it,thats another topic,i only get 25mpg out of mine whether its driven soft or hard so i wouldnt worry about it, Smile

Post #5958342nd Feb 2010 10:39 pm
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

Hi nu2it,

I put a K & N in mine a few months back - slight increase in mpg and a little better on the power at the top end.

Not so much as youd notice but every little helps.

Also it s lifetime filter so you will never need the expense of buying the paper typre again.

I would recommend it.

Thumbs Up
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail [email protected] 

Post #5958532nd Feb 2010 11:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sideview

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackLR3

If you off-road it's best to stay away from them.
 I'm not so good at giving advice...may I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

Haiti Earthquake Relief: Donate Your Frequent Flier Miles 

Post #5959343rd Feb 2010 6:12 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >