Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Keep or sell
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Curly

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
Keep or sell

Well as me and mrs are going are own ways soon (Big shock to me) Sad I dont know if I can justify keeping the D3, Just wondering if anyone has any advice please,

I have a WD untill feb 13 its worth about £13-£14 k and I would have to get another car of some kind just seems alot of car for a weekend dad.

thanks

Post #9397888th Jun 2012 11:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Curly

My commiserations, I'm in the same boat too.

Going to keep the Disco, but will have to sell the Jaguar, Evante & probably the B GT V8 (which I have owned since new in 1973).

When I asked my solicitor why divorce is so expensive the reply was “Because it’s worth it !”

NJSS
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #9397918th Jun 2012 11:43 am
Grunders

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Been there.... Twice, not an easy time but it does get easier, hope everything works out for you...

If you can try and keep the D3, a lot will depend on the financial situation and the demands of the divorce,

I kept mine for a short time, insome way helped with the split, especially with the effect on the kids, it was the car they knew and recognised as "dad's" car... It also give me something big enough to move stuff about, extra holidays in the way of camping with the kids, better quality time.....
 If it ain't broke... Take it apart anyway, how else you gonna find out how it works  
Post #9398198th Jun 2012 12:44 pm
muddywheels4wd

England 

Sorry to hear your situation - 4x4 prices rock bottom at the moment - I would hold on to it until winter then sell Thumbs Up
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day! 

Post #9398298th Jun 2012 12:59 pm
Curly

Thanks chaps for your kind replys it was out of the blue had no concerns anything was wrongbut there you go one chapter over on with the next.

Njss i know what your going though mate its tuff. i dont have that many cars but have caravan to sell and split.

Hopefully we can do all of it our self so theres no legel crooks involved to fleece us.

Thanks again

Post #9398368th Jun 2012 1:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Curly

Thanks chaps for your kind replys it was out of the blue had no concerns anything was wrongbut there you go one chapter over on with the next.

Njss i know what your going though mate its tuff. i dont have that many cars but have caravan to sell and split.

Hopefully we can do all of it our self so theres no legel crooks involved to fleece us.

Thanks again

Post #9398408th Jun 2012 1:17 pm
Curly

Thanks again

Post #9398418th Jun 2012 1:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >