Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Lancasters - Reading (Service)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Danny, if its any help my car has done this in the past, but not everytime. The last service at 75k seems to have cured it though. I don't know what they did. Mine is also 04/54. Maybe a fuel filter not connected properly?

Post #1980701st Sep 2007 10:59 pm
neo

England 

Cheers Si, any additional insight would be appreciated.

Steve,

I just see them as a weight penalty and a waste of space, I still have my old ones from my D2 at home......must put them on eBay. And as I don't have sprogs, creating mess, noise and distractions they aren't really a priority.

Get enough mess, noise and distraction with women in the car. Shocked 8)
 The M-Power Express

=~ prorsus per angustias ~= 

Post #1980711st Sep 2007 11:00 pm
neo

England 

H G,

They have replaced the fuel filter quite a few times, with the service at 44k(45k service, it told me when) (now on 51k) and with the new pump.

I am assuming that with the work next week, it will have another new filter, again I am not sure how many D3 has in the fuel/line system.

I have just realised, I am 7k short of 20k miles since I got it......I have only had it since end of April. Shocked Shocked

You had this too huh, have you raised the issue with LR?
 The M-Power Express

Post #1980741st Sep 2007 11:08 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

No, because its stopped doing it. I also used to get a second 'bong' after engine start, and raised this as an issue. This has also gone away since service. GS in Stockport serviced it.

Post #1980751st Sep 2007 11:14 pm
neo

England 

I don't get a second bong............

I have been using Lancasters at Reading as they are kinda local to where I am/was working.

They are happy that there is an issue, and have had IDS connected when it has 'faulted' but I don't know what codes/DTCs were recorded - I am trying to find that out as my contacts at Gaydon are also interested in the issue.
 The M-Power Express

Post #1980761st Sep 2007 11:19 pm
neo

England 

Well, left my car with Doug today.....

He said that he would get some pics of it with the body-off....

Might get them by the end of the week. Thumbs Up

Hopefully, this visit will see the end of the main issue...........
 The M-Power Express

Post #1988334th Sep 2007 5:06 pm
neo

England 

Update and some piccy's here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic14419.html

Shocked
 The M-Power Express

Post #20161511th Sep 2007 11:11 am
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

what is this second bong Gareth, mine has started doing that since its last service?
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #20161711th Sep 2007 11:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
neo

England 

Update!

Well, I am still in the loan car as they are having some problems with mine.............. Sad

Might get it back next week when I am back down south again.

However, at this time I am happy enough, in that Doug is on the case and doing what he can.
 The M-Power Express

Post #20309414th Sep 2007 1:09 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Spotter. The 'second' bong I refer too is very odd, and seems to be related to slow oil pressure build up on first start of the day. Mine did it until the last service, since then it has not done it.

It used to do it if the car was parked facing uphill, but not if parked downhill. The oil level seemed to have something to do with it.

My only suggestion is get your oil changed? maybe its gone thin or the filter is blocked.

Post #20334714th Sep 2007 11:52 pm
neo

England 

Well, got my car back yesterday, and after a couple of issues the car started fine this morning, which was cool and slightly damp in hampshire.

So, at present it is looking better, got a couple of days before I am on vacation to the Outer Hebrides.

Again, a good job by Doug at Lancaster LR - but it will get a proper road test later today on the journey home.
 The M-Power Express

Post #20533019th Sep 2007 11:18 am
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Neo, looking forwards to hearing what Doug did to fix this. Hope they've really done it this time. Thumbs Up
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #20540919th Sep 2007 2:07 pm
neo

England 

Well, so far so good.

First start today was normal, no issues. Car has driven fine all day.

I have just done over 200 miles in it (travelling home) at, at this time, all seems well.

Will have a proper poke about and look around, weather permiting.

Work carried out specific to the starting issue, new tank, new lines an new high pressure fuel pump AFAIK. Had a few other bits and pieces sorted out as well.

Will eba good test for first start tomorrow, much colder and damp here in 'sunny' Derbyshire compared with leafy Hampshire.
 The M-Power Express

Post #20551119th Sep 2007 7:42 pm
neo

England 

Well, had a very relaxing trip to Scotland, but the cold start issue has returned on a couple of mornings.

Long story short it has been recovered to LR Lancaster on a flatbed taxi with an diesel leak from teh back of the engine, and the LRA guy also noticed a bulging brake line on the O/S/F. Had a right game getting a 'suitable' rental/loaner from Enterprise, ended up with a ford/jaguar/mondeo/x-type.

It was the best that enterprise could get me, I am not impressed and will writing to them - I was offered either a Fiesta (not suitable for the driving that I do and I would need two, one for each foot) or a van - yes, they offered me a van.

Anyway, my truck is back with LR Lancaster and Doug is on the case. Doug and myself had a good chat on Tuesday about this, and we shall see how things progress. I am starting to lose my confidence in the car at this point.

Doug, has given me a copy of the invoice for the work carried out to remedy this cold start issue, it is currently at nearly £5k of work, on that bit alone and with the other stuff that has been done it has had nearly £6.5k of work done on it that I have instigated. Perhaps FORD/Land Rover will start to learn, if you build them right at the factory - the warranty related issues will be reduced.

Again, Doug has been very good about this and I do sense that he is nearly as frustrated by this as I am, and he/Lancasters have acted effectively in addressing some other issues that had occured in a matter that I find proper and demonstrating that they are listening to me and my concerns.

It has been a very bumpy ride and so far, and things have not been ideal in many respects, but I still have faith in Doug and the dealership to get things sorted.
 The M-Power Express

Post #21639218th Oct 2007 1:38 pm
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Gareth wrote:
Spotter. The 'second' bong I refer too is very odd, and seems to be related to slow oil pressure build up on first start of the day. Mine did it until the last service, since then it has not done it.

It used to do it if the car was parked facing uphill, but not if parked downhill. The oil level seemed to have something to do with it.

My only suggestion is get your oil changed? maybe its gone thin or the filter is blocked.

Will mention it to them...as it only started after the oil change at service..........does it only at first start and it i sparked facing steeply uphill........thanks for that Gareth.
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #21646218th Oct 2007 5:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >