Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Land Rover Approved Warrenty vs Warrenty Direct
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
rockymountain

United Kingdom 
Land Rover Approved Warrenty vs Warrenty Direct

My Disco 3 is registered November 06 so is coming upto 5 years old, when I purchased the vehicle October 10 ( from Riders ) it came with a years Land Rover Approved Warrenty.

The car has at the moment done 74000 miles and I can extend the warrenty until Oct 2011 for £830 but I have to do it before the vehicle hits 75000 to get the Approved Warrenty otherwise once the vehicle goes over 75k it will be the Select warrenty.

Warrenty Direct have offered me a years warrenty for £750

Can anyone tell me does warrenty direct cover everything that Land rovers Approved warrenty does or are there differences?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot find the details

Thanks

Post #8235306th Aug 2011 8:46 pm
bambi

England 

I know the lr one is not a manufacturer based warranty, it is with another third party, have a look at the extended warranty topic on here. top of this page in big bold letters.

Post #8326467th Sep 2011 7:29 pm
packingstrips

The LR policy is managed by CCP (CAR CARE PLAN)...it is the known extended cover by LR.

From what i can see there is very little difference between the 2, you really need to download the policy guides and take a look at the pros and cons. Alot of people moan about the CCP policy and ive noticed more and more people on here moaning about the Warranty Direct cover. The CCP policy does have optional MOT cover with breakdown assistance...so are you getting like for like cover?

Post #8326537th Sep 2011 7:38 pm
pagoda

Canada 2016 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteLR4

Read up on WD. Haggle like mad for 13 mths for price of 12, ICE thrown in, etc. Lots of good posts on this site.

You should be paying about £600 odd for WDs top cover thou on a car with lower mileage; may have gone up a little since last year. LR cover will be more expensive.
 PAGODA  
Post #8326547th Sep 2011 7:42 pm
bambi

England 

Thankyou packing strips for providing the 3rd party info that provide the cover for the lr package. but it is not an lr product it may be what lr dealers flog but it has no official land rover manufacturers backing. i do believe there is a thread about this elsewhere.

I wouldn't want a poor unsuspecting customer to mistakenly think he had extended his manufacturers warranty.

But please feel free to provide documentation to the contrary.

I think though that ccp did have bad press for a while and all warranty companies are out to make a profit so will try to wriggle out of paying if they can.
It is after all what everybody is in business to do, make a profit that is.

This post has been edited by the site administration team Pointless derogatory comment removed

Post #8326587th Sep 2011 7:52 pm
packingstrips

The Land Rover Approved Used Vehicle Programme is operated in partnership between Land Rover and Car Care Plan.

https://landrover-extendedwarranty-extend-...ummary.pdf

Please see the above link...may i draw your attention to page 3....especially the part thats says...Every Land Rover is built to go beyond so shouldn’tyour warranty? This summary document contains details on the only extended warranties developed and fully backed by Land Rover.

Post #8326717th Sep 2011 8:44 pm
bambi

England 

I sit corrected.

Post #8326867th Sep 2011 9:08 pm
packingstrips

Thumbs Up

Despite what you may think about me ( hence your original post being modded ) i do try in most cases to get my info correct.

Post #8326907th Sep 2011 9:15 pm
sunnyspells

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I think I've just made the same assumption when in fact the warranty is an insured warranty provided by the Motor Insurance Company Limited (Car Care Plan). I remember with BMW they were explicit in saying my extended warranty was an insured warranty, with LR they offered my Approved or their group Inchcape offering. I went with LR Approved under the misconception it was LR Sad

Oh well, at least its fairly comprehensive and seems to include LR assist? Anyone used it with an approved scheme?

Post #88642220th Jan 2012 2:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >