Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Land Rover Extended Warranty - Totally Worthless!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #77287610th Mar 2011 9:29 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

WD will call you, halving the online quote, and covering much more than LR... I promise Thumbs Up Seems to be their sales technique...
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #77289210th Mar 2011 9:41 pm
C6REW

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

packingstrips wrote:
No conjecture at all.

The garage must of wanted to replace the bushes otherwise they would have not have phoned the warranty company. Im guessing it was your decision not to replace the bushes after this point?

In your post you say that " as you would expect they failed the mot " which to me sounds like you were expecting them to fail, so , hence the reason why i say if you were expecting them to fail you were knowingly driving it on the road.

Youve written it yourself in the previous posts....conjecture doesnt come in to it.

In this instance i can totally understand why the bushes were not covered when they failed the mot. With your best interests the garage tried to get them replaced before the mot but werent allowed due to them deeming it to be wear and tear. The garage have done nothing wrong in my books.

Hmm, some interesting comments from you. You seem determined to believe that the garage and warranty company are in the right and I am in the wrong. I wonder who or what you are based on this.

Let me make this very clear to you one more time. In bold if it helps to sink in

Nothing was worn to the point of being broken or needing to be replaced at service time. The garage phoned the warranty company at my suggestion to see if they could get the warranty company to pay the replacement bill. The warranty company said no because the suspension parts had not failed. The garage CONFIRMED (thought I better put that in capitals as you seem to be having problems reading it) that the parts did NOT (same again) need replacing. They were only advising.

So hopefully you understand now. But if you are not totally happy and I would not want to disappoint you, I am happy to give you the phone number of TH White and the warranty company so you can go and check.

Do let me know and I will sort it out for you!!!!

Best regards

Chris

Post #77296810th Mar 2011 11:47 pm
C6REW

Hi everyone else,

Many thanks for your concerns. However, I am not that worried about service or repair costs as these are directly written down in full against my business.

The only reason for having a warranty is to attempt to alleviate the concern. As the Land Rover extended warranty appears to be pointless I would rather keep the money and offset any repair costs as and when they arrive.

Best regards

Chris

Post #77297010th Mar 2011 11:50 pm
packingstrips

Hmm, some interesting comments from you. You seem determined to believe that the garage and warranty company are in the right and I am in the wrong. I wonder who or what you are based on this.

I have no need to phone your garage, thanks for the offer. You started a thread that stated what a rip off a warranty was, im pointing out to you that imo i dont see the issue.

You have stated above that YOU asked the garage to phone the warranty company, so how can that be the garages fault when the warranty company a few months later turn round and say because they phoned up it was already an existing problem and not covered. On your own admission they were acting upon your instructions to phone the warranty company. The garage rightlyfully informed you of an issue with your vehicle. Im assuming you would of prefered not to have known?

Im defending no-one or intended to prove you wrong or right, but seeing as this is a forum to discuss these such issues youve got to expect a little criticism if someone doesnt agree.

Good evening to you.

Post #77297811th Mar 2011 12:28 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

packingstrips wrote:

Good evening to you.

You forgot to toss your cape over your shoulder, grab your cane from your manservant and step gracefully into a Hansom cab after briefly correcting the angle of the handkerchief in your top pocket. Other than that, top marks. Bow down
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #77298611th Mar 2011 12:52 am
C6REW

Packingstrips,

I seem to be having to point things out so you can understand. You are of course entitled to your opinion and that I respect, but it seems to me that you are trying to pick holes in everything I say. That tells me you have a motive. What that can be who knows Shocked

So the garage phoned the warranty company at my request, but the person who phoned told them incorrectly the parts were broken or worn to the point of having to be replaced.

The warranty company now understand that this is not the case and the parts, like any once a vehicle has been driven had worn. As mentioned the garage gave me an advisory notice that they had worn, but as also stated not to the point of being a problem.

So hopefully we have that bit nice and clear!

The issue here is that the warranty company claim that bushes are not included if they are part of a suspension part that fails. Along with nuts, bolts, washers, rods, coils, springs in fact anything that is in the suspension part! Why you may ask? Simply because each item is not listed. The generic term suspension does not cover anything once the individual item has been identified.

This is why the warranty is pointless.

Out of interest I have been in contact with a few senior people from my BMW dealership whom I know well and they were totally shocked at this response.

It is of course a cop out by the warranty company, who will try to get out of a claim it seems, in any way they can. I am fairly certain that once you complain enough the matter will be dealt with. For me it is not about the £833 I paid, but about the principal of not being fair to the motorist who has spent good money in paying for a warranty that appears to be a waste of money.

Remember that the person I spoke to agreed that his job was to find the loopholes to stop his company paying out! A poor way to employ a company in what is technically a service industry company.

I am certain Packingstrips that you will find more to complain about in the above words but hey ho that is your prerogative.

Best regards

Chris

Post #77302011th Mar 2011 8:59 am
packingstrips

Would you kindly explain what my motives are? Does anyone who doesnt instantly agree with something we say have a motive?
Im saying that imo i dont see the problem. Of course im not the one who has had a run in with a warranty company so i will perhaps never see your concern fully as you see it.

I take your point, however i dont agree with you.....end of. Shall we leave it at that?

Regards.

Post #77313011th Mar 2011 1:47 pm
C6REW

packingstrips wrote:
Shall we leave it at that?

Agreed,

Best regards

Chris

Post #77313311th Mar 2011 2:02 pm
packingstrips

You forgot to toss your cape over your shoulder, grab your cane from your manservant and step gracefully into a Hansom cab after briefly correcting the angle of the handkerchief in your top pocket. Other than that, top marks.

Lemon entry my Dear Watson , when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Thumbs Up

Post #77325211th Mar 2011 8:24 pm
bobgolden

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I may actually watch Harry Hill tonight to see how this ends.

FIGHT !!!!!
 2010 MX-5 2.0 Sport Tech PRHT
2019 Suzuki Vitara AllGrip

Gone BMW X5 xDrive 30d M Sport (F15)
Gone Disco 4 HSE SD V6
Gone 2008 Jaguar XF 2.7TD Premium Luxury 

Post #77351112th Mar 2011 6:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >