Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Land Rover Rally 2006 Moab Part I: Wipeout Hill
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
jzk

United States 

LT wrote:
The 19" Pirelli's on my HSE are fantastic on the road (dry or wet). Interestingly all the D3's I tested prior to buying had Goodyear tyres, one of the first things I noticed was how much better the handling/steering feel was on my D3.
So far they've been fine on muddy tracks & wet grass fields, which surprised me as they look as if they're going to be useless. Others here have assured me that they are actually pretty good in more serious off-road situations.

My LR3 with the wranglers does pretty well in the snow and mud, but I think it is more the traction and lockers on the LR3 that is compensating for the crappy wranglers.

When I put on these, I am invincible in mud and snow:

http://www.pbase.com/jzk/image/43367053
 LR3 HSE
http://www.pbase.com/jzk/lr3 

Post #907813rd Oct 2006 5:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

What make are those chains Question I bet there much cheaper in the U.S then over here.
I'm maybe going to the highlands of Scotland around new year, thinking I should have a set of chains if I do.

Post #907823rd Oct 2006 5:38 pm
jzk

United States 

LT wrote:
What make are those chains Question I bet there much cheaper in the U.S then over here.
I'm maybe going to the highlands of Scotland around new year, thinking I should have a set of chains if I do.

They are actually rubber:

http://www.flextrax.com/
 LR3 HSE

Post #907843rd Oct 2006 5:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

They look great, also presumably much less danger of damage than a set of chains.
Maybe another group buy.

Post #907863rd Oct 2006 6:09 pm
RichardK

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

I'm curious JZK, what size tyres are on your D3? They look fairly standard.

I'm fitted with 245.70.17 BFG A/T's which I fitted prior to my recent CSR trip to give me a little more height over the dune country. They may give you a little more over the rocks

Post #910194th Oct 2006 12:28 pm
jzk

United States 

RichardK wrote:
I'm curious JZK, what size tyres are on your D3? They look fairly standard.

I'm fitted with 245.70.17 BFG A/T's which I fitted prior to my recent CSR trip to give me a little more height over the dune country. They may give you a little more over the rocks

30". I have 255 55 19. I can't do the 17 " rims over the brakes.

I am thinking of the rock sliders. One thing I didn't try was extended mode. I am under the impression that if I am slowly crawling over an obstacle and feel the truck bottom out, that I can lower the suspension such that the LR3 thinks it is stuck and will pop into extended mode. Then apply the brake and Flip the suspension up to get the super extended mode.
 LR3 HSE

Post #910284th Oct 2006 1:22 pm
RichardK

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

You can achieve that by strategically placing a piece of timber under the chassis, lower it so that it thinks it has bottomed out, it will then go to extended mode from which you can put it in super extended mode and then commence the obstacle

Post #910314th Oct 2006 1:43 pm
disco4x4au

Australia 

The only problem is that post-enhancement (at least with my car), the vehicle will automatically lower itself to std off-road height after a few minutes. So make sure you're not poised over a rock at the time!!

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #912335th Oct 2006 4:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >