Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Land Rover Warranty in ROI??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
zebadee

Ireland 

daveyd wrote:
Called up to the local dealership today and was talking to one of the service guys who told me that they know of Mapfre and are a reputable crowd, but they themselves don't have an account with Mapfre - they looked into it a while back but they said it wouldn't be worth it, for reasons he wouldn't divulge Smile ......

I got to thinking about what you said in the above quote, as I went about my day today.

Does that mean then, that if a garage doesn't have an account with Mapfre that you can't have your car repaired there & would instead have to go find a garage that does have an account with them ??

If that is the case, it would restrict your options somewhat Exclamation

Post #7695612nd Mar 2011 8:58 pm
daveyd

Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

zebadee wrote:

Does that mean then, that if a garage doesn't have an account with Mapfre that you can't have your car repaired there & would instead have to go find a garage that does have an account with them ??

If that is the case, it would restrict your options somewhat Exclamation

Hi zebadee,

I raised that very question with him when he mentioned not having an account with Mapfre, but basically all that happens is that instead of them getting paid for repairs from Mapfre (through the warranty) you cough up the dosh there and then for the repairs, and claim back off of Mapfre yourself, through their claims process (I think there's a form in the brochure?)

The only potential problem I see, is that Mapfre has to sign off on any repairs BEFORE the mechanics lift a finger, so as was mentioned previously ( by yourself I think Very Happy ) if Mapfre insist on the cheapest parts and not Genuine LR parts, you might have to wait a while for your repairs, while the garage sources the "Blue Peter bits and bobs" Shocked

And I'm still waiting on a reply re the Genuine LR parts or not, from the guy who emailed me the brochures Rolling Eyes

Post #7695712nd Mar 2011 9:17 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

daveyd wrote:
Here's what he sent me. Listed in order of cover (and price!) the one he recommended to me was the 1st one @ €595, as it's targeted at vehicles less than 6 years old and less than 100k. The last one is €395 with > 10yrs & > 100k (I think...) so I'm guessin' the middle is around the €495 mark.

I hope this is ok to post up and not breaking any forum rules? Apologies if I am Embarassed

I'm not a rep for these guys or anything Shocked Laughing

Any comments or thoughts would be very much appreciated Bow down

http://www.hawke-wit.net/extendedwarranty/FREEdom_Inside.pdf

http://www.hawke-wit.net/extendedwarranty/FREEway_Inside.pdf

http://www.hawke-wit.net/extendedwarranty/FREEway_Lite.pdf

Dave Very Happy

I've experienced their warranty and customer service and found them to be a bag of shyte.Thay'll take your money and run.If you want to give me a monkey per year , I'll kick your tyres and maybe empty your ashtray a few times.It'll be more than what you'd get from that bunch of clowns.

Have a nice day.

Post #7695972nd Mar 2011 9:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
daveyd

Appreciate the Frankness Wex, I was starting to lean towards parting with my hard earned cash and going with the extended warranty but considering what you've just said I think I'll keep my money.

Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #7696162nd Mar 2011 10:29 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

As subtle as ever there Wex but nonetheless straight to the point Thumbs Up

I'd have to say that I reckon you're 100% right in what you say. My own feelings & from the vibes I got from doing a little research of my own in the "industry" is that it might not be all it's cracked up to be.

So I would have to say Dave, exercise extreme caution before parting with your money & I think that unfortunately you'll have to take your chances along with the rest us is "Club out of Warranty"

Fair play to you again though, on all the research & work you've put into this Thumbs Up

Post #7697433rd Mar 2011 12:00 pm
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

zebadee wrote:
you'll have to take your chances along with the rest us is "Club out of Warranty"

:

Cheers for lookin into it Dave but being out of warranty ain't too bad 'cos there's always Adam Thumbs Up Wink

Wex, ever think of going for the ombudsman position ???????
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #7697563rd Mar 2011 12:33 pm
daveyd

Yeah, I'd rather give Adam the business Thumbs Up

And will I have to learn a secret handshake or somethin' seein' as I'll be lookin' for membership of the "Club" in a few months Laughing

Appreciate the Thumbs Up too lads, enjoyed contributing to the forum in a small way, albeit without a positive resolution (of sorts!) - sure it got me post count up if nothin' else!!! Laughing

Roll on the next research project Very Happy

Post #7697713rd Mar 2011 1:07 pm
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

daveyd wrote:
sure it got me post count up if nothin' else!!! Laughing

To some, that's all that matters Thud Laughing
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #7697733rd Mar 2011 1:10 pm
daveyd

I hope you don't think I'd be as fickle to be posting for the sake of posting tanters Whistle

I'm bigger that that (I think..... I Hope Shocked ) Rolling with laughter

Post #7697753rd Mar 2011 1:14 pm
daveyd

For the sake of pure Research and completeness Smile here are the responses to the questions I asked (a week ago Rolling Eyes )

QUESTIONS....

1. The Freedom package is €595 correct? can this be paid by Direct Debit over 12 months and if so, is there any extra charge?

2. Would I have to go through a registered Land Rover Dealer for any repairs or can I use an Independent Mechanic?

3. If repairs are needed and parts need to be replaced, are genuine Lard Rover parts used (can I insist on Genuine LR parts), or is it your policy for the Dealer/Mechanic to source the cheapest parts possible?

4. Is it any cheaper without the Road Side Assistance (or is that just part of the package) as my Car Insurance covers this anyway?

ANSWERS....
1. The Freedom Pack is €595.00 including tax, unfortunately you can not pay via direct debit. It would be one full payment.

2. If you were to break down you would contact our 24 Hr call centre here in Galway and we would advise you on which dealer to bring it to.

3. In relation to parts and labour we would cover the labour costs and would also cover parts that would be guaranteed reconditioned, exchange units or guaranteed factor parts.

4. The roadside assistance is built into the package, and the only other cheaper option would be to go for the Freeway lite engine and gearbox cover at a cost of €295 which does not include roadside assistance.

shin a bhfuil Thumbs Up

Post #7718778th Mar 2011 11:27 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >