Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

landrover breakdown recovery/replacement car/enterprise?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
disco XS

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
landrover breakdown recovery/replacement car/enterprise?

My D4 XS was taken away on monday as it started to show a few warning lights Sad.

ABS brake failure, lowerd height for safety and stabillity control switched off, 2nd time in the last month so called the stealers, it happened just before xmas but also showed a low batterey, charged the batterey the first time and no problems since, until in the middle of an 8 hour drive, stopped for something to eat and came back out 10 mins later and started engine, and the above warnings were back.

Contacted landrover asssitance, collection arranged for sunday just past, assured replacement 4x4 courtesy car would arrive before 4pm monday, monday came and went and nothing,, called Enterprise on tuseday am, told they are sending up a corsa, i told them "there must be a mistake, i was told i was receiving a 4x4?" called back landrover assistance to kick up fuss, they they said they would chase up Enterprise, they appologised and stated "due to my location, it is difficult to find a similar courtesy car" and that there was a confusion in the type of car ordered, but assured me they were working on getting a similar 4x4 for me Whistle.

Tuesday came and went, still no car.

Wednesday am received a call from a third party car rental firm, saying they are still working on finding me a similar car Confused but struggling, again called landrover, only this time, when i complained, i was told, "we have done everything in our power to keep you moblie, but you rejected the corsa offered to you" Big Cry Big Cry i informed him that was not the case, and to send any car, but in the meantime keep trying for a 4x4, as its needed due to my work and location, but at no time did i reject anything........... Rolling Eyes

what type of vehicles have others received when their own cars are in for warranty work? have they been like for like as advertised or am i being unreasonable?

i am now on my 2nd discovery, and have also had a defender all from new, and tbh everytime i have any warranty work done, its the same story, we cant get you a like for like replacement, i bought a 7 seater 4x4 as its needed for work and now i dont even have a car, this seriuosly gets my goat

will see what tmow brings, my own car will be ready before the courtesy car at this rate Rolling Eyes

sick of LR aftersales, seriously considering this will be my last due to this, my father also has a new D4 and has owned several LR,s and has also had similar problems with replacement cars when in for warranty......my mate has a new Merc which broke down of a similar age as mine, IE under a year, merceades sent him up a RRS the next day Rolling with laughter Rolling Eyes

Post #75276126th Jan 2011 11:06 pm
The Transformer

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

We were given a Seat Albarahma thing, right manky but at least a decent size, when we found the next day that its doors were not locking they found us a FL2
Bear in mind though our D3 was nearly 5 yrs old when bought so also had lower scale of warranty

Post #75277026th Jan 2011 11:14 pm
mwhwsmith

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Freelander 2 over a weekend

Post #75288127th Jan 2011 9:41 am
disco XS

thanks for the replies, have been car-less since sunday Neutral

Post #75290327th Jan 2011 10:26 am
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Had a Volvo V50 (only for a day though) very cramped. Dealer said they where trying to get some FL2's as loaners.

Andy

Post #75291727th Jan 2011 10:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

ISTR Enterprise sold off their D3 fleet couple of years ago and from what an Enterprise dude said to me they no longer kept ring fenced LR stuff, you just got what you got! And that extends to FFRRs costing almost double what D3/4s cost! They have some FL2s but demand from LRA always outstrips availability. The cynic in me would think it's a premium priced car with budget backup and budget reliability. Was on the phone to mate of mine on Tuesday & we got talking about D4 problems, he though "Nah, mine's a good in", sure enough got a call yesterday saying his had thrown its toys out the pram (restricted performance, red triangle) and it was being recovered to the stealer after AA man couldn't do anything!

Cynic, moi?? Snigger

Post #75292427th Jan 2011 11:08 am
disco XS

i bought a discovery through my business as my work depends on a seven seater, and my lifestyle dictates i need a 4x4, i also field trial gundogs, thats the most annoying bit about it all, i havent been able to get out and train with the dogs all week......... Big Cry

LRA doesnt really care, they blame enterprise and enterprise claim there is nothing they can do, LRA stated its due to my rural location, if this was a one off i wouldnt care but after 15 years or more of LR ownership not once have i been given a like for like replacement, yet other manufatures seem to manage.

i told them to supply whatever they can yesterday and as yet i still have no courtesy car Whistle

Post #75292827th Jan 2011 11:25 am
smaskins

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Get the Corsa & let the dogs rip the back seats apart Whistle

Post #75293627th Jan 2011 11:46 am
Dave T

England 

When my D3 went in I was given a FFRR by Enterprise, what a car. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #75293727th Jan 2011 11:47 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco XS

smaskins wrote:
Get the Corsa & let the dogs rip the back seats apart Whistle

Laughing Laughing quite like that idea Thumbs Up

Post #75293927th Jan 2011 12:07 pm
disco XS

still no car, called LRA they had no record of me asking for any car, and were still looking for a 4x4 (or not looking as the case may be) and the lady got onto enterprise straight away for me, enterprise have now called and i have a Kia hatchback 1.4 on the way Razz

Oh well off duck shooting at 4:30pm, 2 dirty spaniels a GSP and a lab in the boot will surely test it out for me Whistle Thumbs Up Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post #75295427th Jan 2011 1:00 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

had an identical issue in 2008, needed one with a tow bar, in the end hired one from SHB 4X4 the next day and then re-charged LRA Thumbs Up

Post #75323127th Jan 2011 10:31 pm
DigitalJunior

United Kingdom 

Corsa, Corsa, Insignia, Corsa etc
 SOLD - 23my Range Rover Sport D300 Dynamic SE  
Post #75323227th Jan 2011 10:34 pm
747_JK

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Jag XF for 2 days the first time I needed a replacement last Summer, then over Xmas it was a Freelander for 10 days, replaced on Dec 28th with a Range Rover Sport as my car was likely to be off-road long-term, and not in the typical 4x4 sense. Got my car back today and the RRS is still sitting in my company car park - awaiting collection by Enterprise on Monday.

Unfortunately it's a little far away from Caithness to suggest they send it up - plus it has problems of its own, and is due a trip to the dealer for some front suspension issues to be fixed.

Good luck!
 747_JK
"Moab is my happy place"
2019 Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE
2015 Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - SOLD
2010 Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE with a serious smoking habit - SOLD 

Post #75370728th Jan 2011 11:24 pm
Steve in Germany

Wales 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

If you live in Wales you will get a D4....Enterprise have a number of them in Newport

Post #75375929th Jan 2011 5:20 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >