Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

landrover discovery 3 4.4v8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
disco32009

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4
landrover discovery 3 4.4v8

hi,
hope some one can help

brought a disco3 4.4v8 thinking it was a good idea to convert onto gas(wish i would have stuck with my td5) took it to a gas converters near to me here in worcestershire who i had heard good reports about,anyway to the point when i brought the car no problems at all very nice car now he has put a gas conversion on (marini) and he cannot get the car to run for long without the eml light coming on, but now he is saying to me that even when he drives it on petrol he still cannot get the car to run without the eml light coming on.

the fault code is: P0170 FUEL TRIM (BANK 1)

he has changed over the front and rear lamba sensors and it makes no difference

he also says that the eml comes on just as the temp gauge gets near warm.

hope someone can help.

Thanks

Post #68237113th Aug 2010 5:33 pm
4-Tech

United Kingdom 

Yes, I can help.
Either pm me or phone on Monday.

Providing the system has been fitted and calibrated correctly then I can sort the problem for you. If the system is not suitable and/or there are other underlying issues I will be able to tell you straight away.

Having PROPERLY researched and tested LPG systems for many years and more recently applied this knowledge to the D3 conversions we do I have not yet found an issue I can`t solve!

Post #68239313th Aug 2010 7:15 pm
MikeS

Wales 

If 4Tech chappie can't help you then give JE Engineering in Coventry a call. Having visited them recently and talked at length about LPG conversions on the 4.4 (I have one on my G4 RRS) they can possibly help you out.

The EML is something you may well have to get used to with the 4.4 when running on LPG, although it does sound like you've got a more underlying issue with yours. FWIW, mine often pops the light on and I've learnt to take it with a pinch of salt, it would seem the sensors are particulalry 'sensitive' these days and that doesn't help when converting to LPG. It's always the same faults on mine (running rich, running lean and misfires, none of which I've ever felt) and they'll clear themselves, but I also find running it on petrol for a while helps out.

4Tech's given me some good advice in the past as well though Thumbs Up
 BV55 YZE, ex G4 Challenge RRS. So not a Disco 3. Well, not quite.  
Post #68304816th Aug 2010 5:10 pm
4-Tech

United Kingdom 

As I told the OP when he phoned for advice today: There is no reason to put up with the EML coming on, I know what causes it to light up and can cure it!

Post #68307416th Aug 2010 6:14 pm
SEW

England 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I had same problem on mine last year. Took it to A2B Pitstop in Sheffield and the guy spent a good hour on the phone with BRC regarding new software he had just received for measurement and calibrating LPG. Then we spent about a hour driving up and down a duel carriageway at a set speed making minor adjustments. And the result , well the amber light came on just once shortly afterwards, but has now stayed off for nearly a year. Would defo recommed A2B Pitstop for anyone living close to the South Yorkshire area, small back street place but he knows what he is doing. Currently get about 17mpg on long motorway runs although this is calculated by filling up but each pump is different in terms of what it can get in and is affected by ambient temp ( I think ). On board computer reckons on 21mpg!
 Now: 2006 4.4 V8 HSE BRC LPG Cairns Blue 15mpg
20 years ago: Series 3 2.25 Petrol Farmer Giles Blue 15mpg 

Post #68521623rd Aug 2010 3:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >