Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Landrover Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ej

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Landrover Service

This might seem like a stupid question to ask but I need to know , I'm sorry .

Have any of you purchased a Landrover from a dealer but take the landrover to another dealer to service it ? Are they ok about it ? Do you get the same service ( customer back up ) as you would get if you took it to the original dealer ?

What if you purchased it from a 'second hand dealer ' not connected with Landrover .

Ive had my eye on a Disco S (05) manul with a few extra's for aprox 30k , whilst a second hand dealer that I know well ( and trust ) tells me he could get me a second hand SE auto for that price . Is he deluded ?

ej

Post #519013rd Apr 2006 11:08 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Over the life of a vehicle a dealer makes more money servicing it than selling it to you in the first place..........nuff said. Wink

Post #519384th Apr 2006 9:29 am
djheaton321

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Bought my D3 from another dealer 50 miles away after my local dealer could not get within £3000 of the deal I had been given. Have since taken it into my local dealer quite a few times for minor warranty niggles and they have been brilliant. In fact, the customer service was so good at my local dealer that I took the plunge and bought a new defender from them! So in short, you shouldn't have any problems from them, at the end of the day, they are making the same money on servicing a car whether or not it was bought from them Smile
 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
Defender 90 XS - now with a Webasto FBH that works! 

Post #519414th Apr 2006 9:31 am
CFB

United Kingdom 
Re: Landrover Service

ej wrote:

Ive had my eye on a Disco S (05) manul with a few extra's for aprox 30k , whilst a second hand dealer that I know well ( and trust ) tells me he could get me a second hand SE auto for that price . Is he deluded ?

ej

You could probably source an SE Auto for £30k if you buy from an independant trader or even eBay! I know a reputable guy that buys and sells LR's, if you want his number please PM me.
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #519424th Apr 2006 9:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gesoono

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Live in Glasgow, got a great deal on a 4month old disco 3 TDV6 SE auto with extras from Williams Land Rover in Manchester, my local dealer Taggarts (Motherwell, 6 miles from home) could not match the price, in fact only seemed interested if I wanted anew car.

I missed fueled the car Crying or Very sad (long story) Taggarts got the best part of £6k to carry out the repair work, then when I tried to put the car into them for a few warranty repairs they said the courtesy cars were only provided to valued customers that purchased from them. Contacted LR customer care who said that they cannot do anything about it as the loan cars are an individual dealer service.

My car is now going to Parks (Ayr), 40+ miles from my home, they are happy to provide a car while it is in for a service and seem really knowlegeable and pleasant.
 Fuji White, Auto with Surround Camera  
Post #519494th Apr 2006 10:13 am
ej

gesoono wrote:
Live in Glasgow, got a great deal on a 4month old disco 3 TDV6 SE auto with extras from Williams Land Rover in Manchester, my local dealer Taggarts (Motherwell, 6 miles from home) could not match the price, in fact only seemed interested if I wanted anew car.

Did they give you a good price on a part ex ?

Post #519654th Apr 2006 11:14 am
ej

Re: Landrover Service

cotefarmboy wrote:
You could probably source an SE Auto for £30k if you buy from an independant trader or even eBay! I know a reputable guy that buys and sells LR's, if you want his number please PM me.

Yes please

ej

Post #519674th Apr 2006 11:17 am
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Bought from Farnells Bradford, having given my local Sheffield (Guy Salmon) dealer the opportunity to meet the same price. They couldn't- best they could do was a 6 mth/6,000 mile 54 plate at the same price as the new 05 plate from Farnells.

GS weren't bitter though- the car has been in to them a couple of times for warranty repairs (compressor replacement, park brake probs, spare tyre ratchet), and we've been given courtesy car each time. Only a Freeloader, but good enough for a couple of days. They've also washed and thoroughly valeted our car before return!

I guess they know that there's much more to be made from servicing ours than getting cut up about selling the car in the first place.
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #519754th Apr 2006 11:43 am
gesoono

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I did not have a part ex, it was a cash sale.

4 month old TDV6 SE with 7k auto, Alpine roof, privacy glass and side steps for £33k. It was the bset deal I found at the time after months of searching.
 Fuji White, Auto with Surround Camera  
Post #520044th Apr 2006 2:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >