DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Lazy Entry doesn't reset reverse dip after manual selection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Lazy Entry doesn't reset reverse dip after manual selection

Does anyone else suffer from this?

My lazy entry memory is set to number one for my keyfob. If positions 2 or 3 have been pressed on the seat prior to exit, then when I use the keyfob to open the car, the mirrors and seat move as expected back to position 1. The reversing mirror settings however appear to remain set for the previously pressed 2 or 3.
A press of position 1 on the seat fixes this, but this is usually a scramble when manouvering in a tight car park when I'm holding up lots of traffic Very Happy

I do still have a slight error (i.e. I'm not bothered by it) on the return of the mirrors from reverse to normal position, but a press of the seat switch fixes this every time. This implies to me that the seat/mirror control module is successfully tracking the position of the mirrors, so I'd guess that these accumulated errors from multiple normal/reverse selections are purely software related. I look forwards to hearing of a new software release for the seat module.
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #1283117th Feb 2007 2:06 pm
Gazavich

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

rear view mirror is manual adjust only im affraid, well you've got to be doing something in the car Laughing
 HSE TDV6 Silver : "Avin it large"

www.lift-trucksolutions.co.uk 

Post #1283797th Feb 2007 6:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Ahh yes, forgot to mention that I was talking about the wing mirrors reverse dip positions... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

In fairness my rear view mirror is permanently set so I can see what I'm doing when I shave on the way to work Wink
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #1283907th Feb 2007 7:08 pm
crasha

United Kingdom 

I had some thing similar 06 HSE and it drove me nuts as the mirrors seems to have a life of their own and would always be pointing in random directions, switched lazy (crazy!) entrance off and all is well again.

Post #1283977th Feb 2007 7:47 pm
discodownunder

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

My 05 HSE has been doing the same since new, have had 2 new modules put in but no good. last time in for service mentioned it again and was told on pick up that they had tightened a screw!!!! it is now worse than ever nearly every time i reverse the mirrors don't go back and are out by a long way. As stapldm says it is easy to press seat memory which i now do. Will be ringing LR to see if there is a new fix.
 2005 Disco 3 HSE in Zambezi + Ebony, Sat Nav, Active Locking Rear Diff and Cool Box  
Post #1290109th Feb 2007 11:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >