Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

less than a week into ownership......D3 recovered by LRA
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
less than a week into ownership......D3 recovered by LRA

mate collected his D3 commercial ohh a week ago, we were all driving backl from trade show and his d3 crapped it's pants..... Big Cry

so LRA sent out a tech, it was a proper LR tech in a D3 silver with LRA down the sides with B+2 on the roof...

turns out the fuel pump has gone,......
 one wife.......livid  
Post #59364330th Jan 2010 9:21 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Sad

Post #59364530th Jan 2010 9:27 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Same happened to me in the first couple of days from new, went into limp mode on motorway, LR assistance came out found loads of fault codes incl boost pressure, e.t.c. Same has happened again, this time actuator on turbo blamed, turbo replaced, vehicle returned to me last week, and a day later back in limp mode and recovered by LR Assistance back to dealer as too many errors being shown to deal with, still no news and no Disco Sad

Never known anything like it with a new vehicle. at least on here I can see I am not the only person with the same problem. Trying to keep calm about it all but starting to get a little Censored ed off Sad

Last edited by Discotres on 30th Jan 2010 9:38 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #59364830th Jan 2010 9:34 pm
ad15

UPDATE: so he's driving down the M6, the dash lights up like a christmas tree, in particular it states HDC unavailable.... the suspension dropped to the stops and then the engine died...

turn off, wait 5 turn back on, all good, upto 40mph or so, then same again.......

so now he's waiting for a replacement, this will be fun as he has 30 odd snowboards and a load of boots etc........forgot to mention, he's the K2 rep... Wink
 one wife.......livid  
Post #59365030th Jan 2010 9:36 pm
ad15

what have they given you to get along with?

it could get interesting for pat as his is a commercial D3, he NEEDS the space and the last month plus the next 6 weeks is silly season in our industry and he NEEDS the space, comfort etc etc, apart from the fact i've been singing D3 praisees fopr ages and he's taken up on it, i feel a bit Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed for him...
 one wife.......livid  
Post #59365230th Jan 2010 9:38 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Should have got a Transit Whistle

Post #59365330th Jan 2010 9:39 pm
Discotres

I have a vehicle from enterprise car rental who have an arrangement with LR, at first they offered me a Navara truck with flat back, I said I would prefer something more car like. Anyway, later in the day a Freelander 2 became available, and LR have instructed them that if they have an LR product then that must be given out, so I have a brand new AUTO top of the range one. I am used to them now as that is what I have been given before on the other occassions it has been at the dealers for repairs Sad

I have just bought a caravan to take to the SOF in the summer, if this Censored is playing up how can I trust it not to do the same then, it is an awful feeling waiting for it to happen again, and when it does your heart just sinks, with a few WTF's thrown in!

Post #59365730th Jan 2010 9:43 pm
ad15

he HATES vans..... and to be honest i understand, alot of drives across to the mountains and back and you either love vans or hate em...

he hates em,,, every man and his uncle in our industry drives a T5, a few vito's.... so he, like me likes to have something a little different, SO, he has a ford F150 lightning, that has been "tweaked" 500bhp approx...

LPG conversion too..

the D3 fits his needs AND his taste requirements too...... Censored Censored Censored to the transit....... Wink
 one wife.......livid  
Post #59366130th Jan 2010 9:46 pm
ad15

haha, discotres,, a navara won't cut it as the boardbags are all 170cm long and don't fit into a navara, well they DO, but only diagonally, which means the rest of the kit would not fit, or be safe/ secure/ waterproof, ..

FL2 aint going to cut it either........not big enough,,,, do you think they'll dig up a D3 for him? even an RRS won't do, FFRR maybe...
 one wife.......livid  
Post #59366330th Jan 2010 9:48 pm
Discotres

Enterprise can only issue a vehicle for 2 days max, but due to the fact that mine has been repaired with a new turbo and the same problem has occured again so soon after, it has been put on extended rental, as of Friday my vehicle had not even got into the workshop, broke down on Tuesday, so they have their work cut out as normally there is a two week wait to get booked in, so very busy guys.

Enterprise told me they had been authorsied to issue me with a 4x4, I think they are pretty expensive compared to saloon cars, and if what LR say about giving out an LR product if instick well it would be luck of the draw, he needs to hope they have a Range Rover in stock, perhaps choose an airport branch as they have more premium cars Wink

Mine was delivered to my house, very efficient, super clean and polished, first class service. I live in an unmade road so now it is covered in Censored , I hope the car cleaner has set aside some time to deal with it when it gets back Confused

To be truthful I just want my car back FIXED, from the first few days of it going wrong it has affected me with that little doubt, now it is at it even after being told it has been corrected I think you will see that I am getting a bit concerned.

Post #59366930th Jan 2010 9:57 pm
ad15

hmmm, does that mean that if it takes longer for LRA sort it he has to? sort an alternative? by the time 2 days are gone we are no where near where it broke down....

are ascot any good? i'd have thought by their proximity to windsor that they'd be half decent...
 one wife.......livid  
Post #59377831st Jan 2010 12:44 am
Discotres

The dealer deals with the extension, although I had to call to check as I had heard nothing. Re the enterprise car, they are a national company so I guess it can go back to any branch, but depends where you left the Disco. I am sure you could just leave the car at the garage you collect the Disco from when repaired, nota problem. I have not got to that return stage yet, but hope to be VERY soon Wink

Post #59378031st Jan 2010 12:56 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >