Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Lets get the facts together
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BN

England 
Lets get the facts together

So called motoring correspondents all compare other cars. I want to know how they can possibly compare a Land Rover, Discovery 3, Range Rover, 110, 90, Discovery 2, Discovery 1 or any other Land Rover other than the Freelander which has as many off road and on road features and is a capable as a genuine Land Rover.

I have yet to find the High & Low ratio gears, towing capacity of 3.5 tonnes and a wading capacity of 700mm let alone other features in a
Volvo
BMW
Ford Galaxie
Any people carrier
and the list goes on

Do any of you guys know any better, if so help me out and list them with their superior to the LR range features. By the way the HumV cannot tow as much as a Land Rover. We can then inform journalists that there is no comparison with a Land Rover what so ever, it is unique as are the people who own them.

Post #209201st Oct 2005 9:13 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Many vehicles tested together in the mags are not really 'compatible'

Problem the D3 has is that its many cars in one and YES has many unique features that mark it out as a true LR (and I don't mean reliability here, so no funnies please).

My car gets used off road when I can - Off Roader (to play in not for work), to carry 6-7 people every other week - MPV, to carry me in comfort and safety to work - Executive car, to take rubbish to the skip (Estate car), to fill to the brim with garden rubbish (van), to carry the family and tons of camping gear on holiday - MPV, Estate, Off Roader... it is one of the most versatile vehicles on the market and has designed to be so. Also returns 30 plus MPG too.

Therefore... it gets compared to MPV's, Off Roaders, Soft Roaders, Exec Saloons, Estate cars etc etc.

So in conclusion - LR are a victim of their design brief and so far have won nearly every comparison, group test, etc going... so Hats Off to them.

One day it'll get beat. But that may be due to market conditions too which I'm sure influences many car tests these days.

BN... I agree whole heartedly with you by the way... just we have the keys to quite a different vehicle that does not neatly fit into any real 'class' as far as the mags go. As for the customers buying the D3, it fits into their lifestyle be that posing down the streets of London or using it for what it was designed for - a versatile go anywhere , do anything, become anything vehicle.

Not many other vehicles are able to do this - its why 'we' bought it Smile

-s

Post #209231st Oct 2005 9:33 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

simon wrote:
One day it'll get beat.
By which point Martin will be preparing to launch DISCO4.CO.UK Wink The End  
Post #209241st Oct 2005 9:39 pm
BN

England 

It is also a tool that brought the world together like no other vehicle, in every part of the world. It has been used as a car to a fire engine to a tractor to, yes a people carrier and a van to an ambulance to a truck, to a recovery truck to a generator carrier and come on guys, more. Haven't seen a Beemer doing anything like that.

Nearly forgot it has rescued a few people in its time as well.

Post #209251st Oct 2005 9:42 pm
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

BN wrote:
It is also a tool that brought the world together like no other vehicle, in every part of the world. It has been used as a car to a fire engine to a tractor to, yes a people carrier and a van to an ambulance to a truck, to a recovery truck to a generator carrier and come on guys, more. Haven't seen a Beemer doing anything like that.

Nearly forgot it has rescued a few people in its time as well.

If cars could be awarded military medals, the Defender/series I % II etc. would have every one available Wink

-CY-
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #209291st Oct 2005 10:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >