Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Everything Else

Life with the Velar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 45 of 56 <123 ... 444546 ... 545556>
ruben
D3 Decade 

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

and not only the home market ... there are others, who are not Chinese, losting their way!!
 Fear for the WORST after BREXIT" !!!  
Post #20159987th Jan 2019 12:16 am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

Moo wrote:
With regards to the D5, he thought it just an over grown Santa Fe but without the quality or warranty.

Ouch! Shocked
 2011 FL2 TD4 XS Kosrae Green
2012 FL2 TD4 HSE Firenze Red
2013 FL2 SD4 HSE Firenze Red
2015 D4 SDV6 HSE Firenze Red
2015 D4 SDV6 HSE Lux Aintree Green
2017 FFRR SDV8 AB Aintree Green 

Post #20160067th Jan 2019 12:52 am
chalky

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I can vouch for that !!!

Mine's the WORST car i've ever owned, and judging by the thousands of people posting on JLR's Face Book pages where "Charles" invites you to...... "Do tell why you think our products are the best design and function"

Rolling with laughter

Where there are litterally thousands of Owners throwing their experiences right back at him, All he put's is, OH...... I'm sorry to hear that, Maybe you could give me your Veh Reg No and PM with your contact details, our customer care team will be in touch....

You can imagine on there what the comments are towards their customer care Shocked

The Oil Dilution in Evoque and Disco Sport owners going at him full throttle !

D4 Owners with crank shaft, Disco 5 Oil Dilution..... it's endless, and he just bounces back every time hoping beyond all hope that some one might throw him a bone......

It's pathetic !

Land rover have always had a good customer base in the UK naturally, but as others have suggested, we've been cast asunder..... they've gone chasing rainbows in neck scarfes and waist coats while we have tried to remain ever loyal and accepting of these characteristics, what do they do..... take it one step further and litterally bend you right over.

I've been spending some time over on some of the BMW forums, X5 related, the ammount of Ex RRS and D3 D4 and D5 owners over there is astounding !
And theyre all singing the same tune...... fed up with dealers, fed up with poor quality, hacked off with customer care !!!!

My battery's been flat a week....... tried getting LR assist out and couldnt get past the screen on the blokes computer at the other end of the phone.....

The question must have read...... "Is the vehicle displaying ANY warning signs, Triangles ?
Orange ? NO Oh OK what about Red, Oh No red either, oh well, we cant come out if it's not dispalying a fault !
I can't drive it so it doesnt matter to me either way, i could do with moving it tho so i'm going to tow it to one side, I'm hoping the brakes seize up and something happens to the electics while it's sat there !
 Only dead fish go with the Flow !  
Post #20160097th Jan 2019 1:39 am
J77

Scotland 

Velar booked back in for February to get outstanding work done. Well trying Rolling Eyes

There’s a rattle coming from the front when the passengers door is shut, last time it was in they said it’s the bonnet strikers and a report was sent to LR. Emailed dealer today to book it in and they know nothing about it, look back their records “yes it’s the door that’s out of alignment needs a body shop as noted on the invoice you were given”

No it’s the door trim according to the invoice I was given, the rattle was from the bonnet striker and a report was sent to LR. Now waiting on them to get back me.

As for the software update, if there’s one available I’ll get it, well there’s two actually 18C and 18D I have the release notes and I’ve already confirmed with the Edinburgh dealer that it’s available mid January. Also Apple CarPlay as part of the upgrade, know nothing of that either, but if I walked in and paid the £240 for it as an accessory that may jog their memory.

They were great with the headlight problems, now everything is just an effort.

Definitely time to move on.
 18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240, Fuji White  
Post #20164558th Jan 2019 6:23 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

United Kingdom 

You seriously have to get out of that car, for the sake of your OCD. Plus we can get your chosen replacement well and truely tested J77 style. Thumbs Up Whistle

Post #20164728th Jan 2019 6:52 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Red Merle wrote:
Moo wrote:
With regards to the D5, he thought it just an over grown Santa Fe but without the quality or warranty.

Ouch! Shocked

Wait till the 17my D5 owners walk into showrooms to up grade to a new D5 and find that their car is worth less than D4. Then the Censored will hit the fan.
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #20164878th Jan 2019 7:05 pm
RAW

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

J77 wrote:
Velar booked back in for February to get outstanding work done. Well trying Rolling Eyes

There’s a rattle coming from the front when the passengers door is shut, last time it was in they said it’s the bonnet strikers and a report was sent to LR. Emailed dealer today to book it in and they know nothing about it, look back their records “yes it’s the door that’s out of alignment needs a body shop as noted on the invoice you were given”

No it’s the door trim according to the invoice I was given, the rattle was from the bonnet striker and a report was sent to LR. Now waiting on them to get back me.

As for the software update, if there’s one available I’ll get it, well there’s two actually 18C and 18D I have the release notes and I’ve already confirmed with the Edinburgh dealer that it’s available mid January. Also Apple CarPlay as part of the upgrade, know nothing of that either, but if I walked in and paid the £240 for it as an accessory that may jog their memory.

They were great with the headlight problems, now everything is just an effort.

Definitely time to move on.

My RRS Sport is in the dealers as we speak for upgrade to 18D software and premature oil service notification, they have given me a D5 HSE which is driving very nice although the electrical deployed towbar is broken and wont deploy or lock in place so you keep getting a warning informing you to ensure its locked in place before driving, Dealer said to ignore it, they now its broken and are awaiting a replacement, also got a annoying rattle from rear passenger door card, was looking to replace my D4 commercial with a D5 but think i will be waiting a little longer as too many issues still not sorted it seems

Also interesting that they wanted my RRS for the week to carry out the work but according to the incontrol app and tracker it has not been unlocked , started or moved since 9am yesterday morning, taking the D4 in tomorrow for a new rear camera (under warranty) so will be interesting to see if its parked as i left it
 MY18 RRS Autobiography Fuji White
MY15 D4 silver Commercial
MY11 D4 Fuji White Landmark (Gone)
MY11 D4 Silver Commercial(Gone)
Isuzu Utah D Max(Gone)
John Deere Gator HPX
Nifty Lift HR12
Kubota KX41-2 

Post #20164928th Jan 2019 7:16 pm
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

AndrewS wrote:
Red Merle wrote:
Moo wrote:

Ouch! Shocked

Wait till the 17my D5 owners walk into showrooms to up grade to a new D5 and find that their car is worth less than D4. Then the Censored will hit the fan.

Yes, I can see that happening. I wouldn’t be buying an MY17 D5 due to the oil dilution issues, the single turbo 3.0l and the non digital dial display. Shoddy of LR to do that to the early adopters of the D5.

I think the MY17 cars will take a serious hit

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #20164968th Jan 2019 7:20 pm
LT

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

AndrewS wrote:
Red Merle wrote:
Moo wrote:

Ouch! Shocked

Yeah, I noticed that the most expensive 16/66 plate D4 Landmarks are priced higher than 2-3yr old D5 HSE's, whilst playing around on the Land Rover Approved used website the other day.
I was on it to see what the prices of MY17 FFRR 's were looking like.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) 18" Compomotive PD1881 rims. 

Post #20165028th Jan 2019 7:39 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

I’m pleased that the D4’s are making strong money; until LR launch a serious replacement, the limited supply of good, late, high spec D4’s has got to keep prices high.

Post #20165208th Jan 2019 8:14 pm
J77

Scotland 

DSL wrote:
You seriously have to get out of that car, for the sake of your OCD. Plus we can get your chosen replacement well and truely tested J77 style. Thumbs Up Whistle

I’ve got time off in February so the plan is to take a few test drives of various models.

But yeah the Velar has to go, it’s a shame really but it’s just one thing after another. The door out of alignment and the bonnet rattle were all noted during the headlight saga but were put to one side until the headlight was replaced.
 18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240, Fuji White  
Post #20165288th Jan 2019 8:33 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

I’m interested to see what you come up with.

I’ve seen a few XC60’s on the road recently and thought that they looked really good, but then went and sat in one and it felt too ordinary, just like a regular ‘car’. My old V70 phase II’s always felt really special inside, with superb ergonomics.

Post #20165368th Jan 2019 8:43 pm
mse

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

The d5 is a really nice car, I’m not sure why people are so down on it, the Censored is a bit ugly but it’s really ok... actually very good, loads of excellent features making the d4 seem old fashioned...I wouldn’t go back to the d4.

It’s funny people moaning about things like 1 towbar option failure, when the d4 removable bar properly fails!!

As with all manufacturers you can get a dodgy one. Instead of jumping ship with the velar why not get them to do you a good deal on a new one?
 Mike  
Post #20165858th Jan 2019 10:39 pm
chalky

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I've been looking recently at late D4's, Graphite or Landmark ones, I noticed that the prices were fairly comparative and to throw confusion into the mix i threw this comment into conversation to see if i could get any money off a D4...

Errrr NO......

D5 on the other hand and he was open open to offers, and they didnt have to be sensible !

His words, they've struggled with the D5 and a lot of people don't like them, ugly, too many problems.

As a result the D4 was holding on to strong residuals.
 Only dead fish go with the Flow !  
Post #20165878th Jan 2019 10:46 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

mse wrote:

Instead of jumping ship with the velar why not get them to do you a good deal on a new one?

Not sure he's that much of a sucker for punishment. Laughing
 D4 HSE (Known as Gerty) Mods in progress

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack