Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

A list of all my D3 problems after 2700 mile round trip....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Rob Bruce

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3

I too did a trip through the Simpson in central OZ 5000 something Kms. only problem was knocks in suspension reappeared, but other wise no faults.
Had some of the other issues but not coming from my D3, The wining was comeing from the other D2s when I wonted to drive my own car, Rolling with laughter

Also there was a chap laying under the diff of a car, when aproached and asked if he would like some help he said no thanks mate somebody said there was a wine in the diff and I am trying to get some out Whistle
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Cheers

Rob
 MY05 TDV6 SE, dirt colour, Now cremated !!!!!!!  
Post #33684127th Aug 2008 6:17 am
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

wine in the diff Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #33699627th Aug 2008 1:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Roel

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Hearing the whining from the back is a problem caused by luxury.

I can't hear the kids in the back at 125 km/hr in my Camel 300TDI only when they are shouting. Laughing
 Roel

1997 Camel Trophy Disco ex-P101JWK (traded it for a Britains 42101)
1984 90 TD5
2005 G4 Disco 3 BN55WPT

Also member of club MTR
and Club Faultmate

Interested in my 4x4 history see my website: www.mudmachine.webklik.nl
Sorry it's in Dutch and with google translator it gets funny. 

Post #33702427th Aug 2008 2:53 pm
TazDaz

United Kingdom 

Just got back (yesterday PM) from towing the tintent around France for a few weeks

Went down the west side, mooched around the Pyrenees and Andorra and back by way of Marseille, Grenoble, Geneva then home via Metz, Luxembourg, Belgium to Calais.

Drove all except for about 50 miles on NON toll roads Smile the old French RN's hardly have any traffic on them nowdays Shocked and I could travel at the same speed I'd do on the motorway mostly (for me thats about 60mph)

Had no problems at all with the D3 and fuel average towing was 21.7 Smile Mileage (towing) was around 2200

Post #33703627th Aug 2008 3:27 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

SWMBO's adding up all the mileage stuff & route info as she has it all organised in a pack that we took with us (women eh!!!)
So once she's sorted that & I get back home (again...), I'll get an update done.

in the meantime, to answer a couple of the questions,

Wine, Yes, managed to get some good local cheap (& some not so cheap!) in Italy and of course in France. Some real bargains to be had if you're willing to take a risk on chateau's you've not heard of in the supermarket!
Just about managed to fit it all in! (Oh and a compulsory crate of Desperado's too Thumbs Up )

MPG, on the way down, was getting 27.9mpg Auto approx 70mph with massive roof box, so I thought that was pretty damned good!
However, we had to get a shifty on to get to some of the places before they closed so crept up to 80 & the MPG dropped.

Overall, MPG was 26.4MPG.

I'll get a breakdown of the trip once SWMBO's done her bit. I have the route saved as an Autoroute file if anyone has Autoroute.

I just love the D3 though, I drove every mile myself & it's just a dream Thumbs Up .
SWMBO definately didn't want to drive through the narrow streets of Florence and Cortona but would have been happy to drive on the motorway, but I wanted it all to myself Thumbs Up

In the rain (in the UK!) on the way down to Kent, my wipers started to squeak a little, a bit annoying, but that's what I've got the valeo's (that are waitin to go on ) for.

& DSL, Kielder's not so bad 8)
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #33724027th Aug 2008 10:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Picked up a of dozen bottles of 'La Croix du Pin' Chardonnay from a Supa U in Langres on the way back up, which was on offer at €1.70 each, not bad for the price, SWMBO likes it anyway,

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #33726327th Aug 2008 11:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >