Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Loan car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
croyde

Loan car

So the D3 went in to the dealers this afternoon, after only 3 weeks of ownership, for a suspected missing A/C drain pipe thus the carpets are soaking wet with the odd puddle.

Loan car is a TDV6 HSE Auto, mine is a S manual, and seems much quicker from standstill. Not sure if that is down to the ease of the auto or a run in engine. Like the leather seats, do wish that I had specced them now but boy! is the Sat Nav rubbish compared to the Tom Tom Go. Can't operate it on the move and with no manual to consult it is very difficult to get your head around, not very intuitive and I'm technically minded. Did not need the manual for the Tom Tom and I feel that it shows that a system is well thought out if you do not have to refer to the instructions, for any gadget.

Steering feels tauter and has more of a sporty feel to mine but I'm not sure why this would be so. 19s instead of 18ins wheels perhaps. Seats do feel much more comfortable compared to my cloth ones.

BTW does not the MY05 HSE have the bluetooth phone set up and if it does how do I access it. The read out says no handset connected but there is a voice recognition thingy which is no good when the window is open. Does not understand the simplest instructions.

When we get ours back I will miss the auto and leather but will be glad that I did not go for the extra electronic stuff.

Post #1817319th Sep 2005 8:31 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Loan car

croyde wrote:
So the D3 went in to the dealers this afternoon, after only 3 weeks of ownership, for a suspected missing A/C drain pipe thus the carpets are soaking wet with the odd puddle.

Loan car is a TDV6 HSE Auto, mine is a S manual, and seems much quicker from standstill. Not sure if that is down to the ease of the auto or a run in engine. Like the leather seats, do wish that I had specced them now but boy! is the Sat Nav rubbish compared to the Tom Tom Go. Can't operate it on the move and with no manual to consult it is very difficult to get your head around, not very intuitive and I'm technically minded. Did not need the manual for the Tom Tom and I feel that it shows that a system is well thought out if you do not have to refer to the instructions, for any gadget.

Steering feels tauter and has more of a sporty feel to mine but I'm not sure why this would be so. 19s instead of 18ins wheels perhaps. Seats do feel much more comfortable compared to my cloth ones.

BTW does not the MY05 HSE have the bluetooth phone set up and if it does how do I access it. The read out says no handset connected but there is a voice recognition thingy which is no good when the window is open. Does not understand the simplest instructions.

When we get ours back I will miss the auto and leather but will be glad that I did not go for the extra electronic stuff.
The MY'05 doesn't have BT as standard, the MY '06 does Wink  
Post #1817819th Sep 2005 8:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
croyde

Aaaahhh! means I can stop sitting in it with my BT on search devices mode.

Cheers.

Post #1817919th Sep 2005 9:00 pm
10forcash

croyde wrote:
Aaaahhh! means I can stop sitting in it with my BT on search devices mode.

Cheers.
well you might get lucky if your neighbours have a BT enabled printer or microwave or one of those mad robot hoover thingies Shocked or even a robosapien Shocked Laughing Shocked 

Last edited by 10forcash on 19th Sep 2005 9:11 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #1818119th Sep 2005 9:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

spooky thing is, I can get up to 30 metres range on the BT (despite the spec. saying 10) and 100 on the remote....
what the benefit is, i'm not sure yet Rolling Eyes

Post #1818219th Sep 2005 9:10 pm
jumblemo

Croyde, I added connolly leather to my TDV6 as an after market option. Cost me £1500 for all seven seats and is far better quality than the standard fit product. Would recommend you consider it.
 D3 Bonatti Grey TDV6
1942 Crusader Mk III with 6lbr 

Post #1818919th Sep 2005 9:49 pm
croyde

Cheers.

Was that £1500 fitted and could you point me in the right direction.

Ta.

Post #1819619th Sep 2005 10:03 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Croyde, what dealer are you using?
Must be a good one, most of them try and send you off in a Ford Focus when you take your car in

Si
 The End  
Post #1821119th Sep 2005 11:00 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Quote:
most of them try and send you off in a Ford Focus when you take your car in

Or a taxi Mad

Post #1821219th Sep 2005 11:06 pm
Pelyma

England 

I've got a Freelander Td4 Sport, with the lowered suspension. Bit like a roller skate and slow compared to the D3, but not bad
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1822520th Sep 2005 7:21 am
croyde

Slimer wrote:
Croyde, what dealer are you using?
Must be a good one, most of them try and send you off in a Ford Focus when you take your car in

Si

Hunters of Guildford.

Rang me today to say that it is all sorted and the carpets have been removed and dried in some sort of hot room!?

Is this just at Land Rover dealers so your pride and joy can be sorted after getting stuck in a river Very Happy

Told them that I am not off till Sat but they seem quite happy for me to keep the HSE till then. Really starting to like the auto box now.

Post #1849520th Sep 2005 7:17 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

usually get a Freelander and nearly got a RRS TDV6 for the day (but some Censored booked it out on demo).

If the RRS is available I'm told I can have it no problem...

-s

Post #1849820th Sep 2005 7:20 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Blooming great Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy my local dealer, no wonder when I asked them about an oil change they couldn't do it for almost a week Exclamation
 The End  
Post #1849920th Sep 2005 7:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >