Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

How long to fix a small problem!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
marc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
How long to fix a small problem!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I am slightly annoyed!!!

My car went in last Wednesday for a clutch seal to be fitted (after taking my car in the week before for some issues I had), and on Wednesday evening I got a call to say that I couldn't have my car back as it they are going to take the gearbox out to fit the seal (remember that this seal is worth only £20), so I got a 1.8 petrol Freelander for the evening.

O.K. so far as I wasn't that bothered because it was only for one night...... keep reading Wink

On Thursday I turned up in the evening assuming that my car would be sorted out (as I was told it would be) only to find that it was still in the repair bay as Land Rover had sent the wrong parts!!!!! So low and behold I was given a different Freelander (Diesel with leather seats so a bit better than the last one) for the evening. I was told that my car would definitely be sorted out for Friday evening.... have you guessed yet???

Anyway Friday afternoon came and I rang them at 3 o'clock to be told that the 'technicians' are having problems bleeding the system, so I have had to have the Freelander over the weekend...... AAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

So I have had to put up with a noisy and bumpy Freelander all weekend... but the ironic thing is that the Freelander is actually nicer to drive than my Disco 3 due to its smoother gearbox (I can actually get this one in to first gear Smile ) and its smoother power take up, and accelerator action.

So in total it will have took them 4 days (and how much is their labour rates?) to fit a £20 part.. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sorry to have ranted but I feel a bit better now, although whats the betting that I won't get mine back tomorrow??? Evil or Very Mad

Cheers

Marc
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Discovery 3 S spec 2.7 V6 Diesel. Smile

Previous Car to D3: Seat Leon Cupra R with a nice 280 bhp...... Sad to see it go Sad 

Post #2333416th Oct 2005 8:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Marc, sounds more like dealer excuses in fact, which is more the case. Totally unforgiveable.

Post #2333616th Oct 2005 8:50 pm
marc

Well I just picked my car up and it is nice and shiney although I need to find all the bits that have been moved from the centre console, Presumably when they took the gearbox out.

Cheers

Marc
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Previous Car to D3: Seat Leon Cupra R with a nice 280 bhp...... Sad to see it go Sad 

Post #2341117th Oct 2005 1:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
marc

Oh yeh I forgot to mention.... How I missed my D3... what a difference it is to the Freelander. Very Happy

It felt like I was driving a monster truck because of the difference in height and is so much quieter..... oh how I am glad to have my D3 back Very Happy

Its very much a chalk and cheese difference Very Happy

Cheers

Marc
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Post #2341317th Oct 2005 1:32 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Does the gearbox seem any better Marc since the surgery?
 The End  
Post #2344817th Oct 2005 3:42 pm
croyde

Had a Freelander loaner when ours was in for a fix. What a horrible little car.
We were very unimpressed especially as my wife originally wanted me to get one. Boy is she glad that I didn't now.

Post #2351917th Oct 2005 11:12 pm
marc

Slimer wrote:
Does the gearbox seem any better Marc since the surgery?

Slimer,

Sorry for the time taken to reply.

It seems as if the gearbox is a bit smoother although I am not very confident how long it will last for Confused

The very annoying jerking from the accelerator is still very evident Evil or Very Mad

i.e. coasting in first gear (in traffic for example) when I accelerate (no matter how smoothly or slowly I accelerate) the whole car jerks as if I have just floored the throttle....... I am hating driving the car in traffic due to this very very very annoying problem... aaarrrggghh Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sorry but I am just a little annoyed.... could you tell?? Wink

Cheers

Marc
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Post #2371018th Oct 2005 7:49 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

My gearbox seems to vary like the weather, sometimes it's as smooth as a very smooth thing, other times it's very stiff (like a very stiff thing Shocked ) Something is obviously not right but I've decided to live with it until the first service and (if it hasn't broken by then!) book it in for as long as it takes for the dealer to establish what's wrong and fix it. I suspect something is loose or at least looser than it should be but I suspect they're going to have to strip it down to find out what it is

Mine can be a little jerky in traffic, slipping the clutch a little bit more than should be neccessary seems to help.

We can do a comparisson in Wales of stiff and jerky things Shocked Rolling Eyes
 The End  
Post #2371418th Oct 2005 8:02 pm
marc

Slimer wrote:
We can do a comparisson in Wales of stiff and jerky things Shocked Rolling Eyes

Slimer,

Yes I will look forward to that Shocked Wink Very Happy

I thought that it may be a good idea to take the car in after the Wales weekend so that I can discuss (and hopefully check) what other peoples Discos are like... oh and also if I took my Disco in to the dealers now, chances are that I would not get it back in time.... judging from the last time it went in Twisted Evil

Cheers

Marc
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Post #2371518th Oct 2005 8:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >