Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > FS: All Other Items

LONGRANGER 104L Auxiliary Fuel Tank (Diesel - TA62A)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LX0850

Luxembourg Ensign 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
LONGRANGER 104L Auxiliary Fuel Tank (Diesel - TA62A)

Hello,

I couldn't find anyone in mainland Europe with a LONGRANGER 104L Auxiliary Fuel Tank on stock so my company is having one made by OOT4WD (oot4wd.com.au) and sent from Australia.
(http://thelongranger.com.au/landrover/discovery/2005-2016/ta62a)

The cost of transport (sea freight) is the same if I have one or four freighted.

Is anyone interested is adding another tank to the order?
Price is €2250 (incl. VAT and EU transport (40Kg))

Delivery takes a long time - they make them to order (2 months) plus shipping.
- Expect 3 months.

Send me a DM if your interested.

Post #220484424th Jan 2021 10:12 am
Admirable

Ukraine 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

https://www.devon4x4.com/front-runner-auxi...33589.html

Post #220484724th Jan 2021 10:19 am
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Yup... but UK is not europe mainland... as mentioned.. Wink

Convert gbp to Euro + transport and the AUS option is cheaper for Europe mainland...

Shipping from the UK is a disaster since 1 jan... extreme long waiting times, extreme high costs because the UK shipping company’s invoice very high adminstration costs towards the end customer....

We (our company) use to order daily from the UK, we stopped that almost now since we had 5 shipments, extreme delayed, (still not here, ordered 3 weeks ago, first week january) and allready had invoices for them from more than 1/3 extra! All of them... absurd...

Regarding a aux tank...

Did you see this one?

https://shop.discovery-parts.de/camping/ca...ry-3-4?c=0

Arround the corner and cheaper.... i have bought a few parts from them... in the near past.. they are quick, good service, etc..
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #220484924th Jan 2021 10:43 am
LX0850

Luxembourg Ensign 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

They, like the other suppliers, say "Lieferzeiten bitte anfragen! Da wir den Tank nur ordern, wenn der Kunde einen möchte," - They only order when they get an order.

If there's any interest I can offer a "disco3.co.uk" discount 8)

Post #220485324th Jan 2021 10:53 am
Motolab

Yupp but they say also 5 days +/-

I bet shipping from australia will take a “few” days more....

So i do not understand the dilemma....

They ordered for me a like wise part... and it was indeed 5 working days.. delivered! Germany—> Netherlands...

Australia will be 5 week i think... since a few orders from australia from our company are waiting that long now....
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #220485724th Jan 2021 11:22 am
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Motolab wrote:
Yup... but UK is not europe mainland... as mentioned.. Wink

Convert gbp to Euro + transport and the AUS option is cheaper for Europe mainland...

Shipping from the UK is a disaster since 1 jan... extreme long waiting times, extreme high costs because the UK shipping company’s invoice very high adminstration costs towards the end customer....

We (our company) use to order daily from the UK, we stopped that almost now since we had 5 shipments, extreme delayed, (still not here, ordered 3 weeks ago, first week january) and allready had invoices for them from more than 1/3 extra! All of them... absurd...

Totally agree, same experience here.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #220491024th Jan 2021 1:34 pm
stiff

2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Do you think this will get through contrôle technique? Or insurance?
I have never got a clear response from SNCT when I have asked about auxiliary fuel tanks.
 MY2008 D3 - It got me hooked...gone
MY2012 D4 - It kept me hooked...gone
MY2007 D3 - Mid-Life crisis toy continues driving me to bankruptcy...
MY2018 "D5" Si6 - But is it a "true" LR...discuss...but now gone
Back in a D4 with a lot of extras.... 

Post #220491224th Jan 2021 1:41 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Not to hijack the thread but I ordered last Saturday from two UK vendors a few parts. I put the orders in right after another.

- AF: DHL Worldwide Express, shipped in Monday arrived on Tuesday evening, spent 2 days in customs at the airport waiting for clearance. Sold as EXW to me I imagine, had to choose that I’d clear customs and pay the necessary charges. Package could be picked up on Friday afternoon. AF did everything right, DHL took their sweet time on this end.
- LRdirect: DHL Worldwide Express. LRD did something for three days (nothing from my perspective but I’m sure they have other orders too), shipped the package on Wednesday evening. In Helsinki on Thursday evening. Sales terms were DTP so customs and VAT was charged at POS, package cleared customs on Friday midday and could be picked up in the evening.

Yes, shipping charges were high but factoring those, VAT and customs charges in they were cheaper than a. Going to dealer locally and buying genuine, b. Ordering from any EU store that I could find.

Post #220491324th Jan 2021 1:48 pm
Motolab

@stiff

Dependent of your country, i think..
Can not see where you are located in your profile....

But i have a first registered german D3, everything was in the papers...regarding auxiliary tank.... now NL registered, also no problem here.... insurances in NL do not bother.. i think that is a UK thing... in theory only very major things, like completely different engine’s etc.. but if the road council gives it a clearance, it is fine by the insurers, overhere...
 Best regards
Harold

Post #220491924th Jan 2021 1:58 pm
Motolab

@kajzu

Well maybe finland is different?
As said.. we waiting for 5 orders to arrive... dhl, UPS, royal mail, parcelforce... all give the same view... they (all of them) did not even left the UK hubs...

Just one Example..

For us it is AND not on time, AND 20% or more expensive... we have EORI licence so if with the proper paperwork, there is no admin costs and no tax (at moment of delivery) needed...
For USA and asia shipment, the same rules apply... no problem there...... most UK firms do not bother the fill in the proper forms... just handing everything over to the shipment firms... and they charge.....

When we export, we fill in the forms ourselves... very easy.... and its deliverd within a few days to UK (and other) customers... so i do really not understand why it can’t be the other way arround...

But as said, its not the topic indeed 8) Embarassed
 Best regards
Harold

Post #220492224th Jan 2021 2:09 pm
stiff

2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Motolab wrote:
@stiff

Dependent of your country, i think..

Luxembourg Thumbs Up
Auxiliary fuel tanks are a bit of a problem these days.

Importing from Germany is ok if certain accessories are added by an approved supplier and have gone through TüV approval. I have a D4 with a lot of extras that is ex-LRE from Munich. Everything is on the papers and no problems. Also have a D3 bought from LR main dealer in Luxembourg and some of the extras (many the same as the D4) were sometimes a question as they were not listed in the papers....spent a few hundred euro getting it all reviewed and approved in the end.

But the D3 can have 17 to 19” rims with 245 up to 265 tyres....the D4 has 18” Compomotives with 275/18 but I need to get it re-approved if I go down to 265/18 Laughing Go figure....It’s complicated.... Laughing

Hence why auxiliary fuel tanks are now questionable. I know of one D4 in Lux with an aux tank. The owner is German. Guess where he bought, registered and homologated the vehicle before moving here Laughing
 MY2008 D3 - It got me hooked...gone
MY2012 D4 - It kept me hooked...gone
MY2007 D3 - Mid-Life crisis toy continues driving me to bankruptcy...
MY2018 "D5" Si6 - But is it a "true" LR...discuss...but now gone
Back in a D4 with a lot of extras.... 

Post #220493424th Jan 2021 2:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >