Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Loss of Power
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ecosse

Loss of Power

Been having a problem with the D3 for past day or so, that at very low revs there is a total lack of power. So much so that pulling away from a start is at a snails pace (and if it is a hill start it is impossible other than reversing to level ground and taking a run at it! Surprised - however once the revs manage to reach 2300rpm the engine takes off in its normal way!
Only way to avoid it is to use the manual gear selection & keep the revs up, which works other than for initial pulling away from a stop.
Sounds like a visit to the garage - any thoughts as to likely issues? I recall this happening before but I am not sure if it was when the turbo had to be replaced the last time Shocked

Post #4894181st Jul 2009 7:30 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Turbo hose could be split. Could be turbo, but you'd be unlucky to need two replaced. And of course the dreaded EGR valve......

First suggestion would be to check the hose leading to the turbo, giving it a gentle squeeze. Any splits or perished points should show up. It doesn't have to be much of a hole to make a difference.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #4894201st Jul 2009 8:01 am
Ecosse

NoDo$h wrote:
Turbo hose could be split. Could be turbo, but you'd be unlucky to need two replaced. And of course the dreaded EGR valve......

First suggestion would be to check the hose leading to the turbo, giving it a gentle squeeze. Any splits or perished points should show up. It doesn't have to be much of a hole to make a difference.

Dealer has diagnosed as EGR, repair under extended warranty, and they have the part in stock so immediate repair today!

Post #4896501st Jul 2009 2:06 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I hesitate to include EGR in fault suggestions these days, what with EGR's being held responsible for everything from the political unrest in Iran to Simon Cowell....

Result sir Thumbs Up
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #4896521st Jul 2009 2:08 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

I didn't suggest EGR as it's not the failure of the moment, and I'm about as techie as Basil Brush!!! Embarassed

Post #4896661st Jul 2009 2:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >