Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Loss of power.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nu2it

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Loss of power.

I've recently had both EGR valves changed due to the usual symptoms, loss of power, and, according to my local dealer they also had a look at the turbo.
I thought that would be it, alas, how wrong I was. When about to overtake a slower moving vehicle and in the passing lane I dropped a gear(5th to 4th) and accelerated when the power just dropped off, as you can imagine the people behind me had to brake sharpish because I wasn't going to be able to make it, much hand gesturing and cursing by them as they passed and slight embarassment from me Embarassed Small 'i' and handbook appeared on the display, I pulled into the layby, shut the engine down and restarted before continuing my journey. This is the 4th time in a fortnight this has happened and it's getting to the point I'm losing faith in the vehicle.
Can anyone give me some idea as to what it might be so that I can talk to the dealer about it when I take it back in for them to lookover, again.

Cheers for looking.
 Java Black 2007 TDV6 SE
1995 Harley Davidson Fat Boy
2004 Harley Davidson Road King 

Post #6904377th Sep 2010 5:42 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Had very similar three times, mile or so after overtaking. From error codes looked like MAF sensor was on the fritz. Changed and all is well, not had fault reoccur. What was the message associated with the "i"??

Post #6904447th Sep 2010 5:50 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Did you get any other message on the display, I had something similar that was due to a fuel sensor (or so they said) that was replaced under warranty. The strange thing was it happened twice and basically was saying that the transmission and cooling system had failed! Engine dropped into limp mode and suspension dropped to access hight. Both times the problem was on an incline with a reasonably full tank of Diesel, and both times the problem was cleared by turning off the ignition and restarting.
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #6904517th Sep 2010 6:13 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Could be as simple as a blocked fuel filter, right up to Club F***ed Turbo

Need fault codes read before we start speculating Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #6905237th Sep 2010 8:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nu2it

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Update,
Just had my Disco in at the local dealers to try and rectify the ongoing 'loss of power' issues. Apparently there was an intermittant fault with the turbo(They'd already checked turbo linkage the last time it went in, apparently!!). Service people said that this will mean a new turbo but as the cost was over a certain amount to replace under warranty they'd need approval first from an assessor before they could do the business(6 hours labour+the replacement turbo). Good news Smile the assessor has been in and given the go ahead for the job to be done, booked in for next week, yeeha. Glad this will be done which means I can now install one of Petes(BAS) chips safe in the knowledge that the turbo 'should' be in good shape prior to loading it up.
 Java Black 2007 TDV6 SE
1995 Harley Davidson Fat Boy
2004 Harley Davidson Road King 

Post #69309515th Sep 2010 10:47 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >