Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Lot's of D3's around lately?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

razzle
when I started looking I did not think that I would be looking at aBMW or Merc. I was looking to pay only a lttle more than the old td5. The new disco seemed pricey, so i went to price the 100 series cruiser and was shocked that it was a similar price. The BMW was almosy 90k on road and smaller and the merc was not much less.
But the load space is good as I needed enough space for the dog!

so depends what your needs are.
My wife is an accountant so the sums out weighed the brand name for her.
I think LRA could have priced them keener to get volume but oz is a small market in world terms.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7231323rd Jul 2006 4:24 am
TDMP

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3
No Disco3s to Sell...

catweasel wrote:
8-9 months where do you live, the moon. I ordered in April and the car has been built and is awaiting to be shipped out so hopefully late August early September. I would suggest you contact another dealer as the time frame given sounds like wa.k. go for a larger dealership with higher sales volume and see what they have to say. if you order now before the end of the month it should be built in September/October

Dealer I was dealing with was ULR in Melbourne - apparently the biggest in the State! But..."another dealer" - exactly my thoughts... So I went to a dealer here in the bush (perhaps a bit closer to the moon Wink ) over the weekend and he rang LR Aust and was basically told that the septics are taking the entire current supply and that no new cars available to Australia until Feb and all the cars being built for Aust. currently had names on them, i.e. no "stock" coming.

Basically, beside some stock currently in oz, LR Aust have no Disco3s to sell!

In the end I decided to order the Disco for Feb delivery anyway, upon agreement that the Dealer would provde me with a Disco free of charge for my annual 4wd week in November Very Happy

Even after all this talk of the Disco being to costly (optioned up mine will come in at $110k on road) I could not find another vehicle which could a) deliver what I was after and b) provde me with better value.

SO anyone thinking about ordering a new Disco3 in oz, be prepared to wait...and wait...and wait!

Post #7251524th Jul 2006 4:33 am
Jamo

Australia 

Well done TDMP! Thumbs Up You won't regret it! Very Happy
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #7251624th Jul 2006 5:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

good move
and you have lots of goodies
It's great to see landrover selling lotsof discos o/s, but as i said we are a small market.
had the enhancemnt done today. made a great car even better!
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7251724th Jul 2006 6:28 am
catweasel

TDMP you have proven yourself a wise (and patient) man and good score on the loaner Thumbs Up
now I think I'll just go and check with my dealer and make sure one of them has my name on it Shocked

Post #7252124th Jul 2006 8:05 am
Rob Bruce

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3

Just back from the snow, started counting the D3s after about 15 I stoped !
Mostly HSEs and TDV6.
The snow was the worst I have seen in years but got some sking in.
So also took the D3 in serch of some nasty terain around Lake Jindabyne, it performed superbly, one thing to rember is when all wheels ars not rotating the terain program does not think it has anything to do.
ie. steep assent out of nasty creek with a lot of side slope in conguction with bolders, D3 starts serious slide sideways , back off power, HDC stops wheels, slide gets worse, quick think put a little power on and the terain program pulls it out of slide. GOOD LESSON *** KEEP SOME MOVEMENT and TRUST the PROGRAM.
Also went up track that progresivly got steeper and slipery clay, never looked like stoping , this would have stoped my HJ75 Toyota.
Going down D3 did it well but with the factory tyres the terain program was working overtime. Should have my new 17" wheels Cooper STT this week, wish I had them before snow trip! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Rob

Post #7256024th Jul 2006 10:12 am
UB

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

caverD3 wrote:
good move
and you have lots of goodies
It's great to see landrover selling lotsof discos o/s, but as i said we are a small market.
had the enhancemnt done today. made a great car even better!

Hi caverD3, which Sydney dealer did the enhancement for you? wonder if my dealer knows about it Rolling Eyes

Post #7315226th Jul 2006 3:47 am
caverD3

Alto at Artarmon
they were calling it a recall
it is a service bulletin so they should know about it
see this post
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic4840-135.html
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #7315326th Jul 2006 4:12 am
Haggis

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

I was feeling sorry for myself after I ordered my TDV6 SE with rear locker and rear air in the first week of May and no news on delivery... Then a couple of days ago the dealer confirmed I had a VIN assigned, and we are expecting an early September delivery.

I guess that makes me a lucky guy now at only 4 months wait.
 D3 (06) SE TDV6, Rear Locker, Rear Air, ARB bar w/winch, Safari Snorkel, 110l aux fuel tank, Kaymar rear bar (twin wheel carrier), Black Widow rear storage system, Rhino rack, GME UHF, Codan HF, IPF HID lights, CSA Explorer 17" w/BFG Mud Terrain KM2 - see Australian 4WD Monthly #103  
Post #7473131st Jul 2006 2:58 pm
catweasel

Shocked I ordered at the start of April(first week) and all I've got is a chassis no. and they believe it's a June build and when el capitano lets them know they'll let me know Evil or Very Mad all I know is it's expected
and that's it Crying or Very sad
did they say a build month

Post #7473631st Jul 2006 3:08 pm
Jamo

Australia 

If it's any consolation catweasel, mine was a June 05 build and it was at the dealer in the last week of July 05.
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #749581st Aug 2006 2:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Haggis

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

No they didn't (say what build month it would be). I assumed July.

The dealer suggested that the VIN was assigned to the order at the beginning of the build process. I assumed from there that it can't be much more than two or three days for build time, 3ish weeks on the boat, and a week in customs. Since I am in Sydney and allowing for a week for delays, I was assuming late August/early September delivery.

Not surprisingly the dealer wouldn't be drawn on this level of detail....
 D3 (06) SE TDV6, Rear Locker, Rear Air, ARB bar w/winch, Safari Snorkel, 110l aux fuel tank, Kaymar rear bar (twin wheel carrier), Black Widow rear storage system, Rhino rack, GME UHF, Codan HF, IPF HID lights, CSA Explorer 17" w/BFG Mud Terrain KM2 - see Australian 4WD Monthly #103  
Post #749631st Aug 2006 5:44 am
catweasel

all I've got to say on the matter is

ARGGHHHHHHHH!!!

Post #749781st Aug 2006 8:07 am
TDMP

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

figure we've got plenty of time to prepare the "after market" additions... Rolling Eyes

BTW - when I was dealing with the (first) dealer, they told me that if they supplied the vehicle to me with non-genuine parts (i.e. Bull Bar, DVD, Driving Lights) they would be fined $13,000 by LR Aust! BS, I thought!

Post #750951st Aug 2006 1:10 pm
Jamo

Australia 

My dealer told me that if they supplied the car with aftermarket parts, then i'd have to pay luxury car tax on each item!! Shocked

That was enough to get me to put them on later!
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #751241st Aug 2006 1:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >