DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Lot's of D3's around lately?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
mobyone

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Lot's of D3's around lately?

G'day guys,

Seems like I've noticed a hell of a lot more D3's around the streets lately than ever before?

Has anyone seen the latest sales figures for this size vehicle?

Cheers
 What's the point.... it all comes out in the wash anyway!

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II
05 D3 V6SE, Bonatti Grey, 19"alloys 

Post #677493rd Jul 2006 1:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3syd

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

They are certainly getting popular. Little wonder considering publicity from the number of awards the car has won. Still won't beat your Pajeros and Prados in volume though.
 '06 TDV6 SE AUTO BUCKINGHAM BLUE
'98 Volvo V70
'87 Mecedes 420 SEL
'08 BMW 135i Coupe Twin Turbo 

Post #677513rd Jul 2006 1:32 pm
Baggy

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

July's Overlander mag' has the following April sales figures (D3 has been placed in the "Luxury SUV category from the start pf this year):-
1. Lexus RX330/350....209 units
2. Merc ML.....184
3. BMW X5.....151
4. Jeep Grand Cherokee...128
5. LR Discovery....124

February figures had the Disco at #1 with 238 units sold, and slipped to 4th in March with 164 units (Merc ML was #1 with 276). Seems to jump around month to month.

Vic.
 '11 TDV6 - Stornoway Grey.... still lovin' it!!

REDUCE GREENHOUSE GASSES.......Eat more BEEF!!
Addendum: Red wine goes REALLY well with BEEF 

Post #677603rd Jul 2006 2:54 pm
irobbie

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Landrover sold 289 vehicles in May vs 282 for the same month last year. However their overall sales are up 50.7% year to date over last year. Of those sales I don't yet know the breakdown so can't say how many are Disco 3's.

But I have certainly noticed that there are more on the road lately and mine will be joining them on Thursday Very Happy

Ian

Post #678674th Jul 2006 1:24 am
Baggy

......and mine will be joining them the following Thursday.....(I hope) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Vic.

Post #679304th Jul 2006 1:10 pm
irobbie

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Got mine this afternoon. Yippee!!!

Ian

Post #684226th Jul 2006 9:14 am
Jamo

Australia 

Congratulations Thumbs Up Very Happy
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #684306th Jul 2006 9:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
catweasel

irobbie congrats. how did you go with the issue we discussed regarding Prestige, all sounds ok Smile

Post #684486th Jul 2006 11:35 am
Baggy

Ian......congratulations, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Post #685146th Jul 2006 1:51 pm
irobbie

Thanks for the good words guys. Now going out to spend the morning to work out all the knobs, switches etc. Then off to lunch to show-off to the rellies Very Happy

Catweasel Everything went very well. Build date = Mar 06, serial number indicates compressor and strut issues addressed at factory, delivery km's = 35, software patches up to level 6 (the latest I think). Radio reception on AM and FM really good (but no tint yet) and the salesman has been very good in answering every question and issue I have raised with him. Poor Censored 's been in bed for the last 2 days - bit crook he reckons but maybe he got a bit stressed 8) Embarassed

The car is booked in to ARB for a bullbar next Thursday and then it's off to the window tinters.

Ian Mr. Green

Post #687647th Jul 2006 1:01 am
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Ian,

Good to see you got your D3.

How did you know the it has patch 6? Did the Dealer tell you this?

Good luck with the BB fitting at ARB. Make sure they trim the plastic arches nicely and inner plastic guards - you only get one go at it. If it's their first time at fitting the D3 BB then you can expect it will take 1.5 days. It is very time consuming. Mine had the winch and D/Lights fitted but this activity was not the reason for the blow out in fitting time. It was all of the preliminary work they need to do before they can even put the BB on.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #687667th Jul 2006 5:09 am
irobbie

Chris

A week or so ago I downloaded Service Action Number A034/A036V4 - Vehicle Enhancement Program and produced it to the salesman and asked that he make sure it was done to my car before I took delivery. I think he was a little surprised but in my opinion it's worthg being forearmed in discussions such as these. Then the day before delivery I contacted him and he confirmed for me that it had been done and in fact the patch level was up to 6 (this patch level is mentioned in another thread somewhere). How do I know it was done? Don't really because I didn't have enough experience to tell so I can only trust the salesman (has this ever been done before Shocked Question Question Question Whistle )

ARB headquarters here in Adelaide are installing the BB. They seem to be well acquainted with the Discovery and have advised that the time required for installation is 6 hours or so. They have asked me to be on-time on the day and, in fact, have asked if I might like to bring my car down to them the night before so they can start on it first thing the next day.

Thanks for the tips regarding the trims.

Ian Mr. Green
 2006 Disco 3 TDV6 SE HiIce White/Alpaca ARB Bullbar  
Post #687777th Jul 2006 8:33 am
razzle

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Discovery sales

Just looked through 4x4 magazine August edition, an noticed the Month of May 4wd sales figures.
In the top 20 Wagon Sales for May, D3 did not make it, number 20 on the list was the Hyundi Terracan with 152 units.
Again the Year to date top 20 Sales outright, D3 did not make it, Number 20 was the Ford Courier with 1413 units.

From memory on launching D3 last year Land Rover were targetting 3500 units a year. From the above number Land rover has not even achieved half it's Target.

So What is the Problem? the D3 is most awarded, most stylish and most practical 4wd Wagon on the Market.

I Spoke to one salesman and he said, he see 80% of interested people say it is over priced and they go and buy a cheaper Japanese equivalent.

Another salesman told me, that when dealer principal had meetings about the pending launch and pricing of the D3, They were quite shocked with the pricing and told LRA in no uncertain terms that they had overpriced the vehicle and would be lucky to sell 50% of the target sales.

I am looking to buy a new 4wd, and the D3 was my first pick, but on getting the final price, My wife said for that money She wants a BMW or Merc?

So what are peoples Comments?

Post #7104218th Jul 2006 12:25 pm
Jamo

Australia 

Hello razzle, welcome to the forum Very Happy

Tell your wife that the Merc's rubbish. They've had a few quality control problems and can't drive on the beach as their DSC can't be switched off! (one here had to be dragged off a soft beach).

Both the Merc and the Beemer are really only overpriced 'softroaders'. Pose value only.

Depends what you want, i suppose, but if you want to do any sort of off roading, forget about the Merc and BMW.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #7104318th Jul 2006 12:34 pm
irobbie

razzle

LR sales, lilke everybody else, are being affected by oil prices right now. However, looking at the June numbers here:

http://www.autoindustries.com.au/sales.php/2006/06/sales.html

then I can see that LR are still up 35.8% on last year. And with half the year gone then they are still going to make in excess of 3,600 sales, by far the majority of which will probably be Discovery 3's.

In terms of Discovery 3 pricing, make no mistake, these are seriously good cars! Recently completed an inital run-in trip of 1,000km's and the further we went, the more we appreciated the quality of the vehicle - really comfortable, really quiet, really good vision, really good economy, and I really like the fact that SWMBO also thinks the same! And that's after telling me, after we completed the purchase, that she didn't really like the shape!Rolling EyesVery Happy

Also just look at how Discovery 3 keeps on taking out the "best of" awards in all the 4X4 magazines, articles etc - must be something serious about this car for it to just keep winning and winning, don't you think?

Ian Mr. Green
 2006 Disco 3 TDV6 SE HiIce White/Alpaca ARB Bullbar  
Post #7124718th Jul 2006 11:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >