Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

A Love/Hate relationship.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
driverkelly

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3
A Love/Hate relationship.

Big Cry Big Cry I have developed a love hate relationship with my Disco 3. I absolutely loved it for the first 5 years with virtually trouble free driving, except for small things and services it cost me nothing. All that has changed in the last 6 months. This is the hate part, there have been a few small things that I won’t mention but the first real money item came when the car was getting a service and I got a phone call informing me that the bushes on the lower control arm were shot and needed replacing. Not a problem I thought and told them to go ahead with the replacement. Not that simple was it; accordingly you can’t replace the bushes the whole control arm needed replacing. That come to $1,878; 00. That hurt. Not long after getting it back I noticed it was very stiff to steer at times it felt as if there was no power steering, so back to the mechanic at all 4X4’s. What do you know the power steering rack needed replacing? Has to be done so they go ahead and do it. Ouch! $2,793; 00 later that hurt even more. Got the beast home drove it around for a few days then got under the bonnet to check things were OK wow hardly any power steering fluid in the reservoir, have a good look around and it’s leaking like Censored from the power steering pump. Back it goes $725; 00 later I have it back all of this happening does not include the time without the car and the downright frustration I have felt. For about 3 months no trouble at all I started to regain some confidence in the car a little bit of the love returned. Now it’s gone again. Transmission problems I’ll know next week how bad it is and more importantly how much it will cost. Hate it again. I bought it for my retirement to tow my caravan and cruse throughout Aus, I now have no confidence that nothing else will go wrong and in Australia there are no places to get work done outside the capital cities with a lot of miles in between. Can’t afford to replace it wouldn’t have another either. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #97080929th Aug 2012 4:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >