Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Low pressure fuel pump electrical supply
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
danrjm

Wales 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Low pressure fuel pump electrical supply

Ok, so I'm working my way through trying to eliminate the 'transmission fault', 'HDC fault', limp mode, etc, that happens every so often with my car. It's had a new battery, LR fuel filter, new brake light switch and two new brake light bulbs on the rear (one had blown and the other was on its way out anyway). I still get the error P2290 and have been following the tutorial on here to try and diagnose a problem with the low pressure fuel pump:

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/robbies-gui...light=lpfp

But... with the engine on, I measure just 1 amp across the fuse with a resistance of 2700 ohms - I know it should be up around 8 or 9 amps but I thought the resistance should be around 4 ohms, not in the thousands. Can the car even run with just 1 amp load from the pump? So now I'm starting to question whether my multimeter is working ok but have nothing to test it on.

I have nothing to check the pressure on the schrader valve either, except just pressing it and watching fuel come out! It seems to be under pressure, but not sure how much.

My code reader can also measure fuel rail pressure which is at around 24,000 kpa on idle. This goes up when revving the engine. Not sure what standard values should be and whether this is of any use? I have an Autel AP200 and it seems to have options to reset things on the car or run further diagnostics with clicking the 'i' button on the error readout - Not sure it that will help?

It seems all a bit complicated to replace the pump myself, not sure I'm confident enough to do it!

So the question is whether there is anything else I can try (such as buying a new multimeter!) or is it almost certain that a new pump is needed? If so, I'll have to book it into the local garage!

Should say that, except for a parking sensor out and pulling slightly to the left which, given the wear on the tyre, I think is a wheel alignment issue, everything else is fine.

Post #217512821st Sep 2020 8:03 pm
L319

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I am just wondering if your wheel alignment issue could cause the limp mode etc. as the Steering angle sensor calibration could also be out which will often results in the symptoms yours displays

Post #217520021st Sep 2020 11:27 pm
JohnnyNapalm

Isle Of Man 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

L319 is correct as I had the boing and dashboard lit up and special programs not available and normal height only etc. Calibrated steering and dash is now clear. Good luck. Thumbs Up
 Cheers  
Post #217529122nd Sep 2020 1:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >