Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Low profile replacement for stock antenna
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
wcryer

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3
Low profile replacement for stock antenna

Hey everyone, recently fitted a rhino rack pioneer platform to the landy. To avoid contact with the antenna on the roof at the rear, spacers are required. I would much prefer to ditch the spacers and just alter the antenna to make it more low profile (allowing the rack to mount without contacting the antenna).

I haven't seen any posts on the topic, but has anyone messed with this at all? My internet searches aren't turning up a lot of aftermarket solutions.

thanks in advance.
 08 LR3 HSE  
Post #194736222nd May 2018 10:34 pm
Rufflyer

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3
Why not remove it?

The big wart on the rear of the roof just above the tailgate has the factory cell phone and satellite antenna (or not). If you don't need either one of those, just remove it with a 5 point torx wrench and put a rubber grommet in the hole and seal it up well with your favorite sealant.

I have a front runner roof rack and it is tall enough to clear the antenna, but I wanted to remove mine for other reasons.

Taking it off is not that hard. (if the roof rack is NOT installed). I think there is a page in the service manual explaining the procedure.

Just offering an option.

Jeff
 2010 LR4 w/ Kenwood Ham Radio
2007 LR3 w/ Taxride dual battery setup; Front runner full roof rack w/ holders for 4 Jerry cans; Garmin GPS w/ wireless backup camera; iiDTool Bluetooth: Icom 7000 Ham Radio Polybush ugrade on all control arms. 

Post #194900029th May 2018 5:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >