Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Beadles Sidcup - not great
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
adeal3

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Beadles Sidcup - not great

On a happy note they appear to have addressed my dashboard squeak. On a negative note they’ve damaged the car (door dent) and didn’t call me back when I called them to discuss (before their service dept closing time). They also failed to call me when the original work was completed and I had to chase them. Luckily for me I have high res images of the day of drop off in their car park, GPs evidence of my route straight home from their dealership and an image of the damage as soon as I arrived home. I’d have seen the damage at the dealership if they’d not returned the car wet and not washed.

Post #199933910th Nov 2018 1:32 pm
adeal3

An update just in case anyone feels like dealing with Beadles:

To make you all laugh I now have two emails from Beadles. One from customer services saying sorry, we’ll pick up your car next week and fix it and leave a Disco with you while it is done. I then have another email from the dealer head (slightly later) saying actually the damage was there on our footage when you dropped it off and he wants to personally view it. He may well have but I have 30 high res images timed and dated with their dealership in the background and no damage is present. Couldn’t make it up. On a positive note Dr Speths PA has also responded as have LR Customer Services. DO NOT use Beadles if you value your car and don’t want to waste time getting it back to the state you left it with them in. I’m now going to pursue this via the small claims court. Not because it’s worth it and not because it’s that much damage but because the dealer head has well and truly yanked my chain!

Post #199980812th Nov 2018 11:01 am
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

What are you hoping to achieve from this, what would, realistically make you happy regarding this issue?
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #199980912th Nov 2018 11:17 am
adeal3

Well before being accused of lying by the dealer I’d have been happy with the car returned to the condition it was left in. Now, I’d like my car repaired and for the dealer to see the error of his ways. This is probably unrealistic on my part but if we don’t stand up to people like this will things ever improve? After all it won’t take much of my time to fill in a couple of forms and a few pounds and possibly having to sent bailiffs to claim any winnings would amuse me. After all it’s not like I’ll be returning to Beadles ever again.

Post #199982312th Nov 2018 11:55 am
adeal3

And the outcome. If I’d been treated seriously over a small dent none of this would have been required as I wasn’t really cross until the dealer head reversed the sensible solution the service lady had offered (she’s dealt with me for ten years and knows how I look after my car). Oh well, time for a new dealer but this time I’ll take pictures I’ve always taken and give them a written damage statement:

Dear Mr Robertson

Further to our previous correspondence regarding HF16YDS and the issues around damage to the passenger side rear door, having looked further at the time stamps I agree with you that there is a mark that appears upon the passenger side rear door between approximately 9.50am and 11.15am on the 22nd October 2018 whilst the vehicle is parked on our site at Main Road Sidcup and given this, it is entirely appropriate that we make allowance for this to be put right.

Sadly despite us having nearly 10 years of relationship together with you as our customer we have not managed this visit to your satisfaction in so much as we didn’t meet your expectation by failing to return your call on Saturday afternoon and we have not managed an issue raised by yourself regarding alleged damage to HF16YDS to your expectation.

In both of these areas we have not met your expectation and as the Head of Business for Beadles Sidcup for 16 years I would like to personally apologise to you for the distress this has clearly caused although I would assure your no member of my team has deliberately set out to disappoint you with this.

Throughout your recent correspondence and social media posts you have been forthright in stating that the experience with us on this occasion has caused a great deal of harm to the relationship and from your perspective has removed all trust and confidence in our business stating that you will never return to us to do business again.

Sadly with this in mind it is not appropriate for us to put the damage caused right here for you and so I will arrange for the 2 nearest Land Rover Approved body shops to provide full retail estimates for the refurbishment, repair and refinish the nearside rear door for your Discovery, and which ever quotation is the highest of the two I arrange for a cheque for the full amount to be posted to you, in order that you can make arrangements at your convenience for the repair to be carried out at the Approved Land Rover body Shop or at another body shop to your satisfaction.

I will of course forward to you a copy of the quotation for transparency.

Once again I am very sorry that feel that I have not handled your complaint as you would have wished this has certainly not been my intention and I sincerely hope that the above will meet your approval as resolution to the situation.

Post #200061514th Nov 2018 7:48 pm
Disco dazboy

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

The tosser is only sorry because you kicked up a fuss! They should of held there hands up straight away! Very bad handling of the situation indeed!
 D3 x2 now gone
Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 4motion 

Post #200062514th Nov 2018 8:20 pm
adeal3

Entirely. What is just don’t get is why. Even if I’d been making the whole thing up (which clearly I haven’t) he’s had ten years of my servicing dosh so he could take a small hit even if there was some doubt. Maybe he just doesnt like customers in which case leave it to his service lady who did the right thing before he stepped in and stopped her solution. Maybe the warranty dashboard squeak cost too much. It’s also entirely their own fault as they did not check me in very efficiently so the car was lying around their car park and I had no paperwork or formal check in inspection. I also wonder if it’s because a site that used to be okay has had a Jag dealer squished in and it’s now too busy.

Post #200063814th Nov 2018 8:53 pm
Fauxjito

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I realise it's been a while since this thread was posted but just wanted to share my experience with Guy Salmon in Aylesford as it's not a million miles from Beadles.

I bought a Disco 4 from them in Jan 19 and have had it serviced and MOT'd there through last year as well as called in to buy some parts over the counter after some scrote in a van took out my wing mirror glass on a narrow lane without bothering to stop.

Guy Salmon have been really good at all aspects of customer service - helpful, professional, communicative, flexible. Yes they know how to charge but that's presumably the same at any main dealer. So I continue to use them for everything because they're possibly the best main dealer of any brand I've experienced.

(No affiliation to them and no involvement other than as a satisfied customer).

Post #211381218th Jan 2020 12:58 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I used Guy Salmon at Aylesford for my second service.
They forgot to top up the ad blue and didn’t reset the service indicator.
Had issues with both my local dealerships, it seems to be a case of who is least worse, rather than best.
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #211384218th Jan 2020 1:54 pm
Lrstaylor

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Stay away from stealers

I just use my mate who is a mobile landy independent who happens to run around in a D3 commercial.
He did my oil pump, full service all belts etc including the rear fuel pump belt which he did in less than 20 mins.

Stay away from stealers!!!

Post #211395818th Jan 2020 7:23 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

I have used GS in Aylesford for the last 12 plus years and found them very very good.

Yes there have been odd issues, once Ad Blue wasn't topped up and once rubbish left in back of car following trim replacement. However, each time they have apologised and corrected at their cost and time.
We all make mistakes but it is about how you correct them that makes the good better and the bad badder.

Furthermore I have found them to go above and beyond when it comes to service, had a rear caliper fail fortunately when I was 2 miles from them, stopped off and they replaced/repaired while I waited and supplied tea/coffee and cakes at the same time. Also had sim reader fail (leaving sat nav not working) the day before we were off to France for annual holiday, GS sent a technician down to the house (100 mile round trip) to replace and make sure car was all good. I cannot ask for anymore then that.

I used to go to Barretts Ashford but after bad service and trying to rip me off over new tyres I haven't been back. They have lost out on 5 plus new car sales direct to me and over 12 new car sales recommendations that have resulted in new car sales where GS Aylesford have benefited from this due to their service.

Service pays and even if mistakes are made providing you get the correct response and resolution all is good and I will go back
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #211396418th Jan 2020 7:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ted Newman

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

Just to balance the scales a little = when my MY11 XS snapped its crankshaft and was taken to |Beadles they looked after the car and me extremely well, kept me updated with progress and liaised with JLR and the warranty people. Carried out the work in a professional manner and returned the car with everything working well and nicely cleaned. They have also always been first class when servicing the D4 and getting its MOT I would have no hesitation in recommending them.
 LR Discovery 4 XS pulling an Airstream 532 Caravan also own (since new) a 1996 MGF  
Post #211399818th Jan 2020 10:15 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Agreed on 'its what they do to put it right' that matters. I always wonder whether anything else was missed when these things happen and when you ask service people at dealers this question they just look blank. It has to be a concern that if something you noticed has been missed, there may be other things that aren't immediately apparent that were also missed.
Cheers
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #211413719th Jan 2020 5:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >