Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

My LR3: 5000km Road Trip report
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mwillems

2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3
My LR3: 5000km Road Trip report

An all new car and here's the 5000 km trip I just did with it: Toronto to Ft Worth and back.

http://www.mvw.net/lr3/roadtest.php

Enjoy
MW

Post #776th Jan 2005 5:35 am
pers1

Her are some from the Worksshop manual that might help U

Service Interval Indicator (SII)
The service interval indicator is displayed in the information display. This provides information to the driver warning of an impending service requirement.

The service interval is displayed for 3 seconds when the ignition is switched on. The service interval is reset by the dealer using T4 or a manual reset procedure and, once set, counts down the mileage and time in days to the next service.

The service interval varies depending on market and vehicle engine fitment. In some Eastern European countries, South American countries, Middle East and African countries and some Asia Pacific countries the SII is disabled.

Two levels of service warning are provided; remaining distance and periodic inspection.

Remaining Distance

The remaining distance is calculated by the instrument cluster by using the current odometer value and the last service reset odometer value. The instrument cluster uses these two values to calculate the distance remaining to the next service. The remaining distance value is used to display the oil service requirement.

The mileage is displayed to the nearest 50 Km. If the service interval passes zero without being reset, the instrument pack will continue counting down and the remaining distance display will show a negative (-) value.

The trigger point for displaying the remaining distance is 2500 Km or less depending on the market configuration of the vehicle and is contained within the Car Configuration File (CCF).

Periodic Inspection

The periodic inspection is calculated by the instrument cluster by using the elapsed days since the last service indicator reset. The periodic inspection value is used to display the inspection service requirement.

The trigger point for displaying the periodic inpsection is dependant on the market configuration of the vehicle and is contained within the CCF.

Driver Alert

When an ignition on signal is received by the instrument cluster, the cluster software performs a check to establish if any or both of the driver service alert thresholds have been reached. If a driver alert threshold has been enabled, the applicable service information will be displayed in the information display for 5 seconds. After the 5 second display has elapsed, the information display shows the normal odometer and trip information.

If both the remaining distance and the periodic inspection service thresholds are reached, the oil service and inspection service will be displayed for 2.5 seconds each.

The type of remaining distance service displayed is calculated by the instrument cluster. If the last remaining distance service was an 'oil' service, then the instrument cluster will display that an 'inspection' service is due and visa versa.

IGNITION KEY
(From the top down!)
1 - Key release button (Chrom top left)
2 - Lock button
3 - Unlock button
4 - Personal button
The ignition key is of the folding blade type, which is released from the stowed position by pushing the key release button on the key head. The key head is a sealed unit that contains a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and a rechargeable battery. The PCB incorporates the electronics that generate RF signals for remote operation of the CLS and personalized feature. The PCB also incorporates the transponder for engine immobilization.

The battery is non serviceable, and recharges while the engine is running. If the battery charge is low, the remote operating range is reduced. The nominal life of the battery is approximately 14 years.

The key head has three buttons for operation of the CLS and the personalized feature, as follows:

* A lock button, for locking and superlocking of the vehicle.
* An unlock button, for unlocking the vehicle.
* A personal button, for operating the personalized feature, which can be programmed to trigger a panic alarm, operate the headlamp courtesy delay or remotely raise and lower the suspension. Programming the personalized feature with a different function automatically overwrites the previous function. The personalized feature is programmed with the key removed from the ignition switch, as follows:

* Panic alarm. Push and hold the personal button, then push and hold the hazard flasher switch. After a confirmation chime sounds on the instrument cluster speaker, release the personal button and the hazard flasher switch. Push and release the hazard flasher switch again, to cancel the hazard flashers.

* Headlamp courtesy delay. Push and hold the personal button, then activate the main beam flash switch (pull switch towards you). After a confirmation chime sounds on the instrument cluster speaker, release the personal button and the main beam flash switch.

 Suspension. Push and hold the personal button, then use the air suspension switch to select a different ride height. After a confirmation chime sounds on the instrument cluster speaker, release the personal button and the air suspension switch. Programming the personal button to operate the air suspension must take place within 60 seconds of turning the ignition off. The air suspension switch position is relayed to the CJB on the CAN systems, which power down 60 seconds after the ignition is switched off.

Each ignition key has a unique identification which is determined by the transponder in the key head. Every RF signal from the ignition key contains the identification code and a rolling code. The CJB checks the codes and only responds if the signal is from a valid ignition key. During vehicle production, the identification code of each ignition key supplied with the vehicle is programmed into the CJB, and the rolling codes in the ignition key and the CJB are synchronized. A total of 30 'slots' are available in the CJB software to allow for replacement and additional ignition keys. In service, T4 can be used to communicate with the CJB for the following:

* Identify ignition key allocation within the CJB.
* Enable new ignition keys.
* Disable ignition keys.
* Re-enable a previously disabled ignition key.

If the vehicle lockset is replaced, the keys supplied with the new lockset must be enabled and the old keys disabled.

If the rolling code of an ignition key loses synchronisation with the CJB, the remote operating functions will cease to operate. Synchronisation can be restored by starting the engine with the unsynchronized ignition key and allowing the engine to run for a minimum of 6 minutes.

CLS OPERATION
The CLS allows the doors and, where applicable, the fuel filler door, to be centrally locked and unlocked using the remote handset, the CLS switches or the door lock. The CLS has three locking states: internally locked, externally locked and superlocked.

Configurable CLS features include automatic speed locking, automatic relocking and SPE. All vehicles incorporate crash unlocking.

The internally locked state is activated with a single press of the CLS lock switch. The method of activating the externally locked and superlocked states is market dependant:

*In all markets except North American Specification (NAS), a single press of the lock button on the remote handset, or a single lock turn of the door lock, activates the superlocked state. A second press of the lock button on the remote handset, or a second lock turn of the door lock, within 2 seconds of the first, changes the CLS to the externally locked state.
*In NAS markets, a single press of the lock button on the remote handset, or a single lock turn of the door lock, activates the externally locked state. A second press of the lock button on the remote handset, or a second lock turn of the door lock, within 2 seconds of the first, changes the CLS to the superlocked state.

In the internally locked state:

*The exterior door handles are disengaged from the latches, to prevent
the doors being opened from outside the vehicle.
*The CJB ignores inputs from the tailgate release switch, which prevents
the tailgates being opened.
*The doors can be opened using the internal door handles.
*The vehicle can be unlocked using a single press of the CLS unlock switch,
a single press of the unlock button on the remote handset or a single
unlock turn of the door lock.

In the externally locked state:

*In addition to the conditions adopted for the internally locked
state, the CJB also ignores inputs from the CLS lock and unlock switches.
*The vehicle can be unlocked using a single press of the unlock
button on the remote handset or a single unlock turn of the door lock.

In the superlocked state:

* In addition to the conditions adopted for the externally locked state, the CJB activates:

* The superlock motors in the door latches, to disengage the interior door handles.

* The fuel filler door lock motor (where fitted), to secure the fuel filler door.

* The vehicle can be unlocked using a single press of the unlock button on the remote handset or a single unlock turn of the door lock.

When the CLS lock switch is used, the CJB will internally lock the vehicle regardless of the position of the ignition switch, with or without the key in the ignition switch and with or without the engine running.
When the remote handset or the door lock is used, the CJB will only lock or superlock the vehicle provided the ignition key has been removed from the ignition switch.

When the vehicle is externally locked or superlocked, the CJB flashes the turn signal lamps three times, for 500 milliseconds, with a 500 milliseconds pause between flashes. When the vehicle is unlocked using the remote handset or the door lock, the CJB flashes the turn signal lamps once, for 3 seconds.

Mislock
A mislock occurs if the CJB receives an external lock or superlock request when any hinged panel is ajar, an invalid key is in the ignition switch or the repetition blocking limit for the door latches is reached. To indicate a mislock the CJB uses the horns to produce a 100 milliseconds 'chirp' and withholds flashing of the turn signal lamps.

If a mislock occurs because an invalid key is in the ignition switch or a hinged panel is ajar, the CJB still externally locks any doors that are closed. The closed doors are only externally locked, even if the original request was for superlocking.

If a mislock occurs because a hinged panel is ajar, when the hinged panel is subsequently closed the CJB maintains the current locking state until it receives another external lock or superlock request.

SPE
When SPE is enabled, an unlock command from the remote handset or the door lock only unlocks the driver door. To unlock the remaining doors a second unlock command from the remote handset, the door lock or the CLS unlock switch is required.

For each remote handset, SPE can be toggled on and off by pressing and holding the lock and unlock buttons on the remote handset at the same time, for 3 seconds, with the vehicle either locked or unlocked and the key removed from the ignition switch. Confirmation of the change to the SPE setting is provided by the vehicle locking and then unlocking in the selected mode.

Speed Dependant Locking
When speed dependant locking is enabled, the CJB internally locks the doors when the vehicle speed exceeds 8 km/h (5 mph) with the driver door closed and the engine running. If the vehicle slows down or stops, then increases to more than 8 km/h (5 mph) again, the CJB internally locks the doors again only if a door was opened while the vehicle speed was less than 8 km/h (5 mph). When the key is removed from the ignition switch, the CJB returns the vehicle to the previous unlocked state, i.e. unlocks all the doors, or just the driver door if SPE is enabled.

Speed dependant locking can be enabled and disabled in the customer settings menu

PerS
8) [/img]

Post #806th Jan 2005 12:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mwillems

2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3
Thanks

PerS: Thanks!

The SII is definitely not present. They must have disabled that for North America too. WHY?

Thet service manual is very useful... is it available sopmewhere? I would LOVE to get my hands on it!

Michael

Post #816th Jan 2005 1:25 pm
pers1

Look in youre mail box

Hey Michael

Check your mail, I have sent it over!

PerS
8)

Post #886th Jan 2005 8:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

I would be interested in the service manual too... If it is not too illegal... Smile

Even though I am not an owner right now, I am following this thread as I firmly intend to be the proud owner of an TDV6 HSE Auto as soon as I am back in France next summer... Wink

Thnaks !

Post #896th Jan 2005 9:06 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

And Me!!! Maybe it can help me find out whether my dealer is bull s**tting me about the suspension failure.

Post #906th Jan 2005 11:49 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi PerS

Please could you e-mail the manual to me as well, so I can host the file on this site? 8)

Address is martin@web-rover.co.uk

Thanks! Smile

Martin

Post #917th Jan 2005 1:19 am
pers1

Workshop manual

I have mailed it to Martin (site´s admin) so he will post it as soon as possible!

All the best!

PerS
8)

Post #977th Jan 2005 2:56 pm
Ecosse

Excellent - will be great if Martin can post it!!! May solve a lot of problems!

Post #997th Jan 2005 3:25 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Workshop Manual now available for download

Hi guys

The Workshop Manual is now available to download from the post in the Technical section

Let me know any problems with it, I've converted it to PDF so everyone should be able to read it *he hopes* Smile

Martin

Post #1017th Jan 2005 4:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >