Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

LR3 Electronics Questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mhb907

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3
LR3 Electronics Questions

• Currently, the Bluetooth activates when the doors are unlocked by the remote. When this happens the microphone and speaker functions of Motorola cell phones transfers from the handset to the vehicle. Thus, the phone cannot be used for the time period between unlocking the doors and putting the key in the ignition. Can the Bluetooth operation be reprogrammed to only work when the key is in the ignition?
• With the radio off, I received a hands-free call using the Bluetooth feature. When I disconnected the call, the radio was activated. Is this the normal operating methodology?
• The clock location on the 2006 is well outside of the driver’s field of vision(North American version). (I understand that is corrected on the 2007 models.) Can the navigation system be programmed to display the time? Note, the navigation system receives time signals (GMT) from the GPS satellites
• Several other manufactures (Lexus and Mercedes) use navigation systems supplied by the same supplier as Land Rover. These competitive systems have a different color scheme for night operation. The background becomes black and the roads and labels become white. Can this function be activated on the LR3 navigation system?
 MHB  
Post #8760323rd Sep 2006 7:04 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Hi mhb907...and welcome if we haven't said it before..the answers to some of your points are:

*There is no known way of controlling the bluetooth other than activating \ deactivating your phone's BT every time you are near the vehicle. The BT can be a pain when you are working around the motor too....callls are suddenly grabbed by the system meaning you have to run back to the steering wheel controls to answer. It is normal for the system to default back to the radio after calls are closed...don't ask why..we haven't found a way around this as yet other than having the radio system set to AUX.

* I understand that the clock location is changed for 2007 models ...but no fix for previous models as yet.

I don't have the LR satnav but others will be along to explain more about the satnav features I'm sure Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #8760923rd Sep 2006 7:20 am
TravisTX

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
Re: LR3 Electronics Questions

mhb907 wrote:
• Currently, the Bluetooth activates when the doors are unlocked by the remote...

Yes, the bluetooth programming in the LR3 is really, really annoying. I don't much mind the way it activates as soon as the doors are unlocked; the 60 second delay after shutting down, on the other hand, has caused me to miss numerous calls.

As for your satnav questions, I believe that the answer to both is "no." I have poked around in the system using the two diag/debug* codes that I've found and haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe otherwise. The system, manufactured by Denso, is also used by Subaru. I'll have to fiddle with my inlaws' Tribeca satnav when I get a chance. 8)

* links: codes examples

Post #924179th Oct 2006 4:15 pm
captain_sugar

Czech Republic 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4
Re: LR3 Electronics Questions

mhb907 wrote:
• Currently, the Bluetooth activates when the doors are unlocked by the remote. When this happens the microphone and speaker functions of Motorola cell phones transfers from the handset to the vehicle. Thus, the phone cannot be used for the time period between unlocking the doors and putting the key in the ignition. Can the Bluetooth operation be reprogrammed to only work when the key is in the ignition

I have a nokia phone and I simply solve the problem by switching the phone to "hands free" mode. This means the phone call is redirected to the cell phone speaker but in a version that is so loud that you can conversate holding the phone at chest height. Mostly when you are around your car, privacy is not a problem, so this solves for me the annoying problem.

Post #924449th Oct 2006 6:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >