Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > North America & LR3/4

LR3 Integrated Phone Problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
markinnyc

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3
LR3 Integrated Phone Problems

Just bought my 1st LR3 - 2007 SE7 with the Tech package, nav, and the phone w/ Bluetooth.

Problem is that most of the best features of the integrated phone are NOT available via the Bluetooth connection! So I called and inquired about putting a cradle/phone in the car. No cradle for my Moto Razr V3i. No cradle for any moto phone. I then asked about a Nokia cradle and was told that the parts were being discontinued. However there are still a few available. Okay. But no one can tell me which cradle works with which Nokia phone! The Bluetooth is nice for voice calls but I live and die on the phone in the car. I need the features that the manual so generously touts as being part and parcel of the integrated phone. Now I can't even find info on which cradle, which phone, or what/where to buy it! The dealer in NYC is worse than useless. The suburban dealers in/around NYC are even less knowing. (Although that's hard to imagine!)

Can someone tell me:

Where to get the cradle for a Nokia or Motorola phone?
Which phone it works with (by model number)
Any advice on which phone works BEST with the 2007's integrated phone kit?

I am going to have to buy a 2nd line and phone for the LR3 and will just leave that line in the car most of the time.

Thanks for the collective wisdom and experience. What is Rover doing with the phones anyway? If they want to go to Bluetooth, then upgrade it to give the full plethora of services/functions/etc. that is possible. This half-way crap is insane!

A frustrated owner in NYC

Mark
 Life is a banquet and the problem is that MOST POOR SUCKERS ARE STARVING! - Mame Dennis "Auntie Mame"  
Post #17004023rd Jun 2007 2:40 pm
martin4x4

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Have you looked at the Land Rover NA web site and this page http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Owners/A...lockLink_6
Question

Docked – Cradle 3 for the Nokia 6230i is Part No XVE 50002 according to the UK/Europe Approved phone list, therefore it may not be available over there.

It does appear from threads on this site that LR and not pushing the cradles any longer. It's probably much too difficult to keep up with the ever changing number of mobile phones that are available, and the different firmware versions within the same model of phone.
 Discovery 3 XS Auto, Stornaway, Active rear diff.  
Post #17005223rd Jun 2007 5:45 pm
jwest

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

Welcome Mark, to some of the neverending annoyances / design flaws in these newer cars. I have had an 07 RangeRover Supercharged that even had these problems but the LR3 that I have now, like yours in 07 hse build, has it let downs as well.

I am just happy my treo works in it as a basic blue tooth phone. However, are you not able to these basic functions?:
1.make call using phone, then car intercepts and continues all of call via bluetooth, speakers, etc.
2. touch phone "button" on either dash or steering wheel to engage phone (with actual phone in car somewhere), then dial a number using the on dash number pad
3. answer a call coming in by simply touching the green phone icon button on the steering wheel and/or end the call the with the red on.

however, when a call comes in, the green lcd screen shows the previous number not the current one calling in or out. that's annoying as hell. half the time i think i dialed the last number by accident via call log.

i've never cared for voice activated dialing. friends who use it have to relearn how they speak or say it multiple times when i'd rather just quick dial or dial the actual number. i mean, we used to not talk in cars at all and check the mail box. I'm only 38 but see no need for total and complete automation. humans are getting to be very wierd creatures.
 96 Disco I, 210,000 miles - still going strong
04 Disco II, Vienna/Tundra, +2" lift, onboard air, 120V...
07 LR3 HSE
2008 Audi S4 Avant mt6 

Post #17025124th Jun 2007 9:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >