Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

LR3 V8 HSE - the mods are finished!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
StornowaySA

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi there - your car is very similar to mine here in Oz!!! Question - my ARB winch bar protects radiator etc - why did you add the Mantec plate as well?
 MY2010 D4 HSE 3.0, e-diff, 19inch MTR's; LLAMS Height adjustor, LR f & r light guards, LR side steps, LR bright finish side door mouldings; LR/Mantec G4 front bash plate, LR G4 Winch kit, Warn 9500lb Winch; GOE compressor guard, Uniden UHF, LR bright finish roof rails, LR G4 driving light kit, LR G4 ladder, 4 x extra rear compartment 12V sockets, Traxide dual battery system and Optima Yellowtop battery, ORS drawer system / fridge slide, LED rear compartment lighting.  
Post #33185413th Aug 2008 7:12 am
hernan1304

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Izmir BlueLR3

Q8_LR3 wrote:
Look at the middle east site http://www.bridgestone-mea.com/ Dueler H/P 680 Thumbs Up

But these are not AT tyres... wouldn't it be almost like replacing the stock goodyears with a different version of the same kind of tyre?

From the Bridgestone site:

H/P 680
Sporty, class-leading highway perfromance
Sporty handling
Superb road holding on paved dry surfaces
Excellent grip on paved wet surfaces
Superior riding comfort
Outstanding and stylish tread design

Post #33187513th Aug 2008 9:12 am
mobyone

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hernan, you are right,but at this stage I'm just looking for options.... and there aren't many in Aus at the moment
 What's the point.... it all comes out in the wash anyway!

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II
05 D3 V6SE, Bonatti Grey, 19"alloys 

Post #33193313th Aug 2008 1:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tlt

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Re: LR3 V8 HSE - the mods are finished!

It would be really cool to get a list of the web sites you used to order your parts. For example, I have been unable to locate the Kaymar rear bumper. Sounds like you need an expedition assistant.. call me..

I reviewed your album and have a couple of suggestions for your wish list. First, I replaced all my Brakes with EBC Slotted Rotors and Green stuff high performance pads, particularly in sand, it will stay clean, not overheat and wear 30% longer at least (and rotors 100% longer at least so far for me).

Second, I live in a very hot climate as well, and I have compared high quality tinting with factory and the LR. The Air Conditioning works with a lot less effort with good tinting. I tinted my sun roof windows (3) with Silver Dark tint, with is reflective, you can still see out ok. Then I tinted Passenger windows back with As dark as i could tinting, you can see out, but you cannot see in. The drivers compartment side windows are tinted with slightly less dark tint, so that you can still see ok at night. This in my opinion makes the AC have to run about 1/2 as hard, which means you can make it cooler, and not work as hard to keep it cool.

The opinions are not scientific, but tried and tested, enjoy..

Post #33366118th Aug 2008 3:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >