Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

LRA replacement car policy
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Hello Tom...please don't interpret some of the comments here to mean that some think all dealers have poor attitude ...far from it. My own dealer (Guy Salmon Thames Ditton) is absolutely fantastic when it comes to customer service to the point where even someone as common as muck like me is treated in an identical fashion to those with apparent higher stations in life Rolling Eyes ...I've been involved with front facing customer environments for 25 years ...and my dealer does it as it should be IMHO.

I still can't quite work out if I'm supposed to feel sorry for the chap at Lancaster Confused ....all I would say is that we all have our crosses to bare in our working lives and there ain't much point whining on about it...especially to the customers ...rather better to focus on why there are the issues and seek to resolve them when they occur. Moaning , cursing customers don't moan and curse for the fun of it..there is clearly a breakdown in communication and a failure to meet the expectations of LR ownership. Whose fault is that when it occurs ? ...it really only can be LR from top to bottom TBH.

So ....whoever you are in the LR chain ....wake up, smell the coffee and deal with the real issues Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #19269321st Aug 2007 10:04 pm
The Punisher

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

"we are here to try and help and get you back into your vehicles in the quickest possible time, it is not in our interests to keep the vehicles off road for days on end"

"I would like to Thank every body for there feed back both negative and positive. As pointed out we are all entitled to our own opinion and I can assure you this will be my last here. As Bodsy clearly stated and I was trying to say we are here to help. As a dealer we will always do our utmost for the customer and fight there corner for them especially with post warranty claims once the vehicle has left the 3 years manufacturers warranty. We will automatically call Land Rover to discuss rather than wait for you the customers to request, we do try and take a pro-active role after all it is in our interests.
As Buzz Lightyear stated with regards to replacement vehicles if you the customer feel happy to contact Land Rover CRC if you feel the replacement vehicle is not to standard you can or you can request we do it for you which we will always do, there are proceedures in place for us to do this, the only thing we can not guarantee is that Land Rover will upgrade the vehicle, as I tried to point out we have no control over this we can only request and fight the cause for you.
As my final point I would just like to say this seems to be a battering ground for anybody who works within the Land Rover franchise - there was a forum a short time where a technician got totally slammed for his views also we do also have valid points to make to let you how the system works internally. I am not buck passing or " not my fault guv" we have to follow proceedures and guidlines set out by Land Rover and most of you have advised we work alongside them as there representatives and also have to look at things from a business prospective after all we are all here to earn a wage just like all of you".

I would not a say a change in view point at all if you look at context - more than likely a "bad day in the office" and venting off some frustration, we all do it. Rolling Eyes
I only had a look at this forum because I received a call to say "here have a look at this some idiot has stuck his views on the site and is getting slaughtered" - this is way I have always tried to avoid these type of sites because it you work or have worked within the industry and make your own views public it appears they are not accepted and are not allowed unless they fit in with the precept that you think is acceptable it makes me Evil or Very Mad to think that LA has genuinely made his views ond his own opinion known and has been attacked for being nothing but human, aren't we all??? It makes me wonder!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #19287622nd Aug 2007 10:01 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

...still forgetting who the customer is eh ! ...some things will never change I guess Rolling Eyes
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #19287922nd Aug 2007 10:12 am
The Punisher

Dear DG,
I am a customer so I cannot forget who I am so not sure what you point is!!!

Post #19288022nd Aug 2007 10:26 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Lancasteradvisor wrote:
Dear DG,

The Punisher wrote:
Dear DG,

How strange Whistle
Post #19288122nd Aug 2007 10:36 am
craig

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The Punisher wrote:

more than likely a "bad day in the office" and venting off some frustration, we all do it. Rolling Eyes
I only had a look at this forum because I received a call to say "here have a look at this some idiot has stuck his views on the site and is getting slaughtered" -

I have a bad day in the office - i go home have a beer (or 4) and the day after see what i can do to stop me having another bad day in the office. Fix the root cause of the problem.

Did he get slaughtered? I think he got a rounded view of what it's like to be a LR customer. I agree that some EMPATHY is required in all situations, but i have found that if you treat people how you would like to be treated, then this gets you a long way.

Perhaps you need to offer your companies training portfolio to LR and its dealers, eh Punisher?

Post #19288322nd Aug 2007 10:40 am
RPJ

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Pursuit LE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I think the over all consensus it that there are some good dealerships who are hapy to help and want to help, and others who only seem to be there because they want your money and aren't botherd about you going back time and time again.

i personaly think the difference it that larger dealer groups are controled by people who sit in there ivory towers looking at numbers on a screen and don't mind what hapens on the ground as long as there bonuses are still coming in.
independant dealer groups are run by people who "care" about the business and know where it comes from and if they do the job right that customer will bring business back again.

Just my opinion
 Ha Ha This a way!
Ha Ha That a way!
Ha Ha This a way!
My oh My! 

Post #19288622nd Aug 2007 10:47 am
The Punisher

[quote="The Punisher"]Dear DG,
Again DG WHAT IS YOUR POINT Question
With reference to your note Rogue I do offer and do training within the LR network as I have advised previously they sessions have all been very successful Exclamation

Post #19289122nd Aug 2007 11:06 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Why are you shouting ...are you an angry customer?
Post #19289222nd Aug 2007 11:07 am
The Punisher

Who's shouting - Just want to know what you point is, you seem to be wanting be make one Exclamation

Post #19289422nd Aug 2007 11:09 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

You are shouting when you type in capital text Wink

I have made my point very clear in several posts here..... but just for your benefit I'll clarify a little further.

LA couldn't expect to come on here and get an easy ride for the way he expressed his views. He is quite clearly linked to Lancaster in Reading and therefore it was only human for the customers (who make up the vast majority of this forum) to reply with distaste. I have spent many thousands of my human pounds in purchasing this vehicle and I'm not particularly happy to hear that I'm the pain in the ar$e from an LR representative.

Perhaps when you carry out your training sessions with LR you could assist by driving this point home Thumbs Up

Would you like me to clarify any further Question

Last edited by DG on 22nd Aug 2007 11:57 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #19289722nd Aug 2007 11:17 am
The Punisher

No you expressed yourself quite clearly, you are obviously an angry person. LA has not said at any point that you or any other customers are "a pain in the Censored " but merely that he and others in his position would like to be treated with the same respect that you, me and the other LR owners would like to be treated. Yes he could of phrased and worded it a lot better than he did but hind sight is a wonderful thing isn't it.
I beleive that LA did not come into this lightly but thought that his views and opinions would help the overall customer relationships good and bad that we have all experienced.
I myself did not want to come here to upset and antagonise people as I have already said I have been there and done that so I know where LA is coming from. A majority of the customer relationships are good but we do not go to the dealers becasuse we want to at the end of the day be it for servicing, warranty work or any other issues we are there becasue we have to be, it is a forced purchase. If we do not maintain the product it will go wrong.
I have been doing my own digging with my contacts in the LR network and have spoken to LA who is both angry and also upset. Angry with the way he has been misunderstood, which he admits is his own doing due to the wording used and could have been worded a lot better in a more friendly manner, and upset with any anger, upset and general bad feeling caused.
From my conversation with him I believe he is a genuine person who does have the customers interests at heart and is there to help.

That is my opinion on the matter and hope this clarifies where I am coming from Smile

Post #19290322nd Aug 2007 11:32 am
oliver77

Wales 

As you know DG, I had 3 Discovery 3's and as a first time Land Rover owner I was amazed by the way in which the dealers dealt with the numerous problems on the cars. They all had an attitude problem and it was alien to me coming from Volvo etc. I found LRA to be hopeless and, as a result, I just left the brand. Every time I see a D3 I wish I owned one and then pinch myself and remember the aftersales problems.
Reading this post has prompted my first post in months but I just think it's funny that the LR dealers on here have only reinforced my beliefs. I would agree that there are some really good dealers out there but LR do seem to have their fair share of bad ones who pester you to death to sell a car and then hide behind 'Land Rover Head Office' when you have problems. We do not have access to LR, we only have access to the dealers and they should provide the service for which they are well rewarded.
Land Rover has had a very strong following of customers who will only buy their cars and will forgive dealers, cars and the manufacturer when things go wrong. Now a new breed of customer is coming to the brand and this is why we are seeing more and more uproar.

Post #19290522nd Aug 2007 11:41 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

The Punisher wrote:
No you expressed yourself quite clearly, you are obviously an angry person.

...oooo I'm sooo angry. Rolling Eyes

Look fella...I'm not so sure that you're coming across to the 'customer' correctly now. And to top it all you are actually the one doing the LR training. Thud God help us all Wink
Post #19290922nd Aug 2007 12:02 pm
The Punisher

DG wrote:
The Punisher wrote:
No you expressed yourself quite clearly, you are obviously an angry person.

...oooo I'm sooo angry. Rolling Eyes

Look fella...I'm not so sure that you're coming across to the 'customer' correctly now. And to top it all you are actually the one doing the LR training

Before you assume someone is a "fella" it is normally common courtesy to check 1st as is the "Dear DG"
I have not said I train but consult with both customers and dealers LR aswell as many other marques.

It looks as though you are already of a mind set that only your opinion matters and what the hell with anyone else.

Again as I have said I am a customer and have always been treated with courtesy and respect within the LR network as a customer including Lancaster and a few of the other dealers who have had knock backs on this site. Again it is of my opinion if you treat people the way you want to be treated you are more likely to get the help and support and back up you need. If you go in all guns blazing you will get the problem resolved but not with the same level on empathy or courteousness you may want or expect. To add a cliche "What goes around comes around".

Post #19291322nd Aug 2007 12:14 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >