Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

LRA replacement car policy
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Ken

LRA replacement car policy

If you ever need to call upon the assistance of Land Rover Assistance and they want to deprive you of your baby as they can’t sort it roadside. Typically you are offered a focus scenic or the like, sometimes this goes down like a lead balloon. You might be lucky and get a Freelander but even this might not cut the mustard LRA’s normal car rental provider “Enterprise” have a few larger Land Rovers but always when required seam to be like hens teeth. Whilst out and about I came across the Thrifty HQ in Exeter (new owners of the Thrifty name) after doing my bit for the current employer the discussion came around to Landys (as always) only as there were eight Range Rovers / Discovery 3’s on the forecourt it came to light that Thrifty operate nearly 400 of the Land Rover Range on a nationwide basis. So when you get the advice from LRA that they can’t source a D3 alternative politely suggest they try Thrifty or try the pay and reclaim option and try Thrifty yourself.

No I don’t work for Thrifty I just got a little perturbed been offered a smaller unsuitable vehicle recently. So now a viable option appears to be available its worth passing it on.

I know a few dealers read this as well so go spread the word it really goes a long way to us the owners to be offered a suitable replacement whilst our baby is in your loving care, and this little bit goes a long way to giving us customer service and maybe you repeat business. Very Happy

Post #5888917th May 2006 8:16 pm
SN

I have to say that there is a local Thrifty near me and I have never seen any D3's/RR's or anything other than Fiat Puntos, Nissan Micras or Citroen Xsaras there Confused
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5891017th May 2006 9:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lancasteradvisor

England 

Last edited by Lancasteradvisor on 22nd Aug 2007 2:36 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #19204320th Aug 2007 3:30 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have to say, it's that attitude that get owners (many of whom have paid their own cash -and in most cases more than £35k) 'kicking off'
firstly, YOU are LR's representative, palming off excuses doesn't do anything for your standing in my eyes.... you might as well be saying "I vos only following orderz" Take ownership of the problem and you'll find CUSTOMERS will be more understanding
Secondly, 'only four days' is a massive problem if it's your work vehicle, simply 'being mobile' sometimes isn't enough such as when towing, carrying a large number of passengers etc. etc.
I once got a look of total disdain from a customer service representative (hint: the clue is in the name Wink ) as I had the nerve to complain that the loan car didn't have sat nav. Having explained that I was due to spend the next three days working in unfamiliar locations and sat.nav. was essential in planning my working days, I was advised to 'take the one out of your own vehicle' Thud
Finally, (for now) why do most service advisor's always assume that the faults a reported do not exist until at least three visits have passed and it can no longer be put down to 'driver error' or 'spurious DTC logged' Banging Head Banging Head

Post #19205620th Aug 2007 3:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bobbycrispbox

Australia 

I've listened to a similar attitude from someone who works for PAG, or Ford or someone, when I was having a good old whinge about my old Ford dealer. "They're only franchises, they don't work for Ford" said she. "That's totally missing the point" said I, they are the public face of the company and they need to start thinking a lot more about customer service.

When it comes down to it, if the customer feels they're justified in shouting at someone, they'll shout, and the only person available to shout at is the 'representative' of the motor company in question, then that is what they must do. It is then incumbent on the representative to go back to whomever they represent and pass on the 'feedback'.

I think.

Post #19206320th Aug 2007 4:07 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Well that's Lancaster Reading off my christmas card list Twisted Evil That is some of the most appalling attitude I have ever read from a dealership... irrespective of wether you have a valid point ...your delivery has certainly detered me from using or recommending you Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #19206820th Aug 2007 4:15 pm
Lancasteradvisor

England 

Last edited by Lancasteradvisor on 22nd Aug 2007 2:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #19206920th Aug 2007 4:16 pm
Ken

Sorry Lancaster I think you have just lost a customer (I heard you were good) clearly with that attitude I'm going eleswhere

Post #19207020th Aug 2007 4:18 pm
Lancasteradvisor

England 

Last edited by Lancasteradvisor on 22nd Aug 2007 2:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #19207320th Aug 2007 4:36 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Here Here,(Ken / DG et al), I have used Lancaster in the past, and they were far from satisfactory, this has just put the tin lid on it for me. Evil or Very Mad BTW, Still waiting for a call from them to sort the issues with my car,as discussed with LR Customer Relations person, well over six weeks ago now.

Last edited by DN on 20th Aug 2007 5:02 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #19207420th Aug 2007 4:36 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

The attitude of the customer invariably reflects the attitude and level of service given to them in the first place ...the sooner certain dealerships begin to realise this the better IMHO Neutral
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #19207620th Aug 2007 4:43 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

"It's not my fault guv...."

Now I'm not picking on LancasterAdviser as this is a common problem across MANY industries....... BUT..........

The attitude that it costs too £750 a month just to keep a car, so we won't keep upgrading is a little feeble. How much money do you make for each £45k car that goes out of the door.........
You do also get paid for warranty work..........

But there are other elements to it that should be addressed.

Firstly, if the product FAILS whilst it is being used, Land Rover have agreed to provide a replacement vehicle. Whilst it will try to replace with a similar one, SOME people use them for a living (after all, Land Rover sells these things based on their load carrying/towing/off road capacity) therefore, it is right and reasonable that they request from Land Rover (via the car rental company) for a vehicle that 'does 5 up, kit and tows'.
This is based on a recovery/failure basis.

Dealers of course would want to get through as many vehicles as quickly as possible, although may not speed things up if a car has already been arranged with LRA(Not saying all, but it's a possiblity).

So, there's the issue of getting the loaner in teh first place & if there's one available, there's usually no problem. But problems arise when LR don't have the parts to replace the broken widget & the widgets are on back order due to a widget factory fire.
So of coiurse, customers get upset.

But is this REALLY what winds people up....?
I suspect not, what REALLY winds people up, is when they speak to a customer service Rep who has no idea of what Empathy is, let's not confuse this with Sympathy. Empathy is when you can place yourselves in the customers shoes and accept that you recognise and understand HOW THEY FEEL.

in my job, I have professionals who work for me who manage to turn around customer issues, even though we don't always give the customer what they really want (usually everything for free!) but what they DO do, is LISTEN to the customer, ACKNOWLEDGE the issue (not apportion blame) , REPEAT back the issue to ensure that both the customer AND the professional fully understand the issue (often, a customer simply hearing the issue will calm down when they realise how unrealistic their demands are) and then open a dialogue about what solutions are or are not available to them.
I can see and example of me getting upset if I needed a replacement car & getting a Ford Fiesta, not because it isn't a Land Rover, but because I may have to pick up a client or supplier and I'd want something a bit more prestigious than a Fiesta. the solution may not be to find me a FFRR, but it may be to supply a C-Class or something at least without a ford badge on (yes, sorry but that's that way I feel about ford generally)
Other times, the Fiesta may do (for a very short while Smile )
And then other times, I'd need the towing capability where i couldn't compromise my requirements.

There are always solutions at some point of the chain. It is how quickly the customer get's wound up by the chain that provides customer satisfaction or dis-satisfaction, it's often not the end result.

Mr Slopey-shoulders or Mrs Lack-of-ownership will always cause doom for ANY company.....

My final point being, Care for your customers, Listen to your customers, do all you reasonably can for your customers, otherwise they will soon be someone else's customers...........
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #19207720th Aug 2007 4:43 pm
Lancasteradvisor

England 

Last edited by Lancasteradvisor on 22nd Aug 2007 2:38 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #19208020th Aug 2007 4:48 pm
Lancasteradvisor

England 

Last edited by Lancasteradvisor on 22nd Aug 2007 2:38 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #19208320th Aug 2007 4:56 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Soooo glad I don't live in Reading with a dealer attitude like this.

And I trust the dealer principle does not read the forum or someone's payroll dept will be printing a P45 Evil or Very Mad

My personal experience with Shukers has never lead me to be told what you've said... they wouldn't, they know they represent LR and act accordingly. With the customer in mind.

Regardless who owns the vehicle - you own the customer relationship mate... and I guess there are a number on this thread that you will never own now.

My dealer will fight on my behalf for warranty claims if need be (a few years ago now over the crapy IRD fitted to the first Freelander's), always give me current LR product as a loan vehicle, never whinge about the manufacturer to the customer etc etc.

Never had to wait three weeks to book my D3 in and to have a loan car. Max is a week if a non urgent warranty issue.

I guess this thread just highlights how some dealers think of their 'customers' eh ? Twisted Evil

Post #19209520th Aug 2007 5:09 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >