After Market Logic 7
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
After Market Logic 7

Logic 7 with low line HU?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_109MS8/JBL-MS...etails-tab

Could be a simple mod? just wire to the speaker outs and to the speakers plus put the two extra D column ones.

I also mangaed to find a digital processor with an optical in but is the D4 one a standard digital signal?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #96434910th Aug 2012 9:49 am
caverD3

No responses. Surprised

Anyone have the wiring diagram for the MY12 D4?
Mine has no amp under the seat, is it elswhere or is it an integrated amp with the HU? It has the 7 inch screen but did not specify premiun ICE.
It looks like I may need to wire diect to the front tweeters otherwise it can all be wired from the back of the HU.

JBL are affiliated with Harman Kardon so hense logic 7 license.

http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/index.jsp
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #96490312th Aug 2012 3:46 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Amps are now located in the rear panel in boot ( drivers side in UK)
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #96490912th Aug 2012 7:31 am
caverD3

Thanks Wiggs
So is it the optical to the amp or isn't htere one on the low line?
You don't have a PDF of the wiring for the D4 do you?
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #96491712th Aug 2012 8:15 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You normally only get the optical connector on the logic 7 amp

Can't help with wiring as I'm on holiday at the mo
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #96491812th Aug 2012 8:28 am
caverD3

Thanks again Wiggs

If you can dig it out when you can I woul be grateful I am a while off actually doing the mod anyway but it is looking like a good way of putting logic 7 in the D4 for a lot less than OEM (not poss on SE anyway)
Found lots on the US forums and most are very impressed.
The sound on my Pioneer HU in the D3 sounds much better than the D4 as it has Auto Equalising and time alignment. I can really hear the difference.
Will need dash centre speaker nad the rear ones to get full logic 7 but still should work without the rear ones.
I shall continue research and hope for a nice birthday prezzie. Very Happy
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #96492012th Aug 2012 8:43 am
Phillw

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Hello caverd3,
Really very interested in knowing how you get on with this retrofit. I am also thinking about retrofitting Logic 7. I retrofitted the complete Satnav system including logic 7 to my 2010 D4 GS and was quite impressed with it. I now have a 2012 HSE. I was kind of hoping that the speaker wires would be there for the speakers in the rear D pillar. I need to buy the D pillar trim/speakers. I have looked behind both of the D pillar plastic trims and I cannot unfortunately find any speaker wires. (Normally coloured green and white). It must be a different loom for Logic7. For me I believe it would require a new 2012 amplifier and also installing the additional wires / speakers. Anybody got a Logic7 2012 amplifier? I would also need to edit the CCF file. A big thank you to Colin and his staff from BBS for updating the MSV2 to support the 2012 cars. Bow down I no doubt will have to change the pin outs from the amplifier to the speakers. However the first thing I need to do is get the wiring diagrams for the infotainment system for the 2012 car. I have the wiring diagram for the 2010 but as you know they are different from the 2012. Anybody that can help in supplying 2012 drawing it would sure be appreciated.
If you intend to do this retrofit I will watch with interest and would be keen to know how you get on. Any photos as you make the changes would be also appreciated.
Good luck.
Thumbs Up

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #96585314th Aug 2012 8:08 pm
caverD3

Not sure if the connections for the optical out on the head unit will be there for OEM retrofit. Did you notice if it was on the back of your MY10?
OEM would integrate better, but this one would be a simpler install.

How did you do your sat nav in the MY10? I think mine has the antenna in the rear light intalled anyway and I have the 7 inch screen.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #96596715th Aug 2012 1:08 am
Phillw

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I purchased a standard Toslink cable that I connected between the Logic 7 amplifier and the DVD player. Not a problem that one. The Most bus was a bit more of a headache. No Most bus in the GS 2010. The biggest problem I had was acquiring the correct connectors. For me I needed to know that I could return the car to its original condition so as a result of this I had to try and locate the correct connectors. Thanks to the likes of Wiggs and other members on the forum I did manage to get all the connectors I needed. The satnav retrofit was a challenge but well worth doing. Once I had understood the wiring diagrams and what pin connected to what pin it was fairly straight forward. I managed to purchase the main parts, Logic 7 amplifier, satnav screen, dabs module, Nokia phone module etc from ebay. Would I do it again? Most certainly as long as I had a MSV2. It is a none starter without it. There are some pictures in my gallery of my satnav retrofit. I also helped another member retrofit his satnav in his D4.
The only problem I think you may have as mentioned above is acquiring the correct connectors unless you are prepared to strip wires. Do you know what connectors / leads are supplied with the JBL MS-8.

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #96617315th Aug 2012 6:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >