Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Group Buys

Maxx Raxx bike rack group discount - 20 % discount for 6+
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
Maxx Raxx bike rack group discount - 20 % discount for 6+

Following a suggestion by Robbie, I have spoken with Maxx Raxx about a disco3 group discount. They said get an idea of how many interested and they will see what they can do. Should be at least 10%.

I have no association with the company and I am not trying to make anything from this by the way!

Prices and details below pre discounts are below in a copy of the email to me.

If you would like to post back here if interested and I will see what we can achieve and how to go forward with it.

They are emailing me some photos of it on a discovery 3 that they had taken for a promotional shoot, and when I get them I will put them in my gallery.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your enquiry!

We do have stock and yes I am sure we could do you a good deal!! We would love the opportunity to get the MAXXRAXX noticed by Discovery 3 owners; we have spent a lot of time and engineering in creating a specific adaptor for the Discovery 3 in anticipation of its arrival with its new detachable tow bar.

If you would like to pass on the information and contact us again when you have an idea of numbers I will find out for you what kind of discount Max will be prepared to offer but I am sure it would be at least 10%

For your discovery 3 it is more than possible to carry and tow, you will need the Premier Swan Neck rack with a Westfalia ALKO adaptor. The rack comes in 2, 3, 4 or 5 bike versions so I have listed the prices below. Can I suggest that you go for the 4 or 5 bike as the cost to upgrade if you think you may need to in the future will be more than the difference in cost between the racks now!

10SNWA51 5 Bike Premier Swan Neck Westfalia ALKO @ £227.50

10SNWA41 4 Bike Premier Swan Neck Westfalia ALKO @ £210.00

10SNWA31 3 Bike Premier Swan Neck Westfalia ALKO @ £200.00

10SNWA21 2 Bike Premier Swan Neck Westfalia ALKO @ £190.00

To tow and carry you will also need the towing height extension @ £30.00. This height extension raises the bikes 30cms which allows you to clear anything on your a-frame and can also give a bit of extra clearance between the vehicle and the caravan – depending on the slope at the front of your van. I have attached a diagram we use to help work out how many bikes you can carry between your car and van, most people can comfortably carry 3 but it all depends on the space you have with your configuration. We do have pictures on our website of one customer who easily carried four bikes between his discovery and his caravan!

Whenever you tow and carry using this extension you must use 2 auxiliary straps – these are provided in the 4 & 5 bike racks. If you choose a 2 or 3 bike rack you will need to purchase either one or two @ £11.00 each.

With the swan neck MAXXRAXX we recommend professional fitting, as you are only in Worthing you could come over to us to collect and we could arrange to fit it for you - we charge a flat fee of £15. If you would prefer we can put you in contact with a fitter local to you and deliver direct to you for £8 or alternatively you could order direct through the fitter!

Last edited by Sturge on 14th Mar 2006 10:45 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #4722713th Mar 2006 1:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

I'd be very interested in the 5 bike rack, I presume it would also be possibe to purchase a numberplate/light rack from them as well.

Thumbs Up for sorting this one out.
 1996 Discovery 1 300TDI ES Biarritz Blue, sold
1999 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Rioja Red, sold
2002 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Buckingham Blue, sold
2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue, sold
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver, sold
2011 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze, sold
2016 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Lux Nav Twilight Bronze, sold
2020 Range Rover Evoque P250 First Edition, Nolita grey, sold
2023 Range Rover Evoque P300e Autobiography, Carpathian grey 

Post #4722913th Mar 2006 1:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
minicabelemet

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

I would be interested in one as well, probably the one for 4-5 bikes. I do not have a caravan or intend to get one, so... is this the best option for a bike carrier??? I know that this one allows for opening of the upper part of the back door.

Post #4723613th Mar 2006 2:09 pm
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I too would be possibly interested - i still have to sort out a detachable tow bar though first...
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #4724113th Mar 2006 2:29 pm
MX

United Kingdom 

Excellent work - thanks for that..... I am definitely interested in one.
 D3 05 SE (old one)

RRS 08 SE (new one)

formerly mxgeldar7 

Post #4724713th Mar 2006 3:09 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Top work, I feel humbled!

I was going to go for a 3 rack, but perhaps a 4 rack would make more sense, given that the additional straps are £11.00 each.

I'm more than interested.

Post #4729213th Mar 2006 5:29 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

hi all

i am sellinjg a maxxraxx 4 bike rack that has the height attachment for towing that will fit the fixed tow bat system not the detatchable one if you are interested pm me

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #4729913th Mar 2006 5:54 pm
Sturge

I've had this reply about using the bike rack not with a caravan:

Yes you do need to use a light board when not towing, we sell these and do a dedicated light board hanger which fits onto the MAXXRAXX easily without messy bungee ropes! These are an accessory and not included in the rack kit and are £12.50.

I've emailed them to see what discount 6 racks will get us. Also they have emailed some photos which I have put in my gallery.

The more interest we give them , the more discount we should get hopefully.

By the way I have never clapped eyes on one of these so I assume they are good bits of kit. Can anyone confirm this (Shawn?)

I'll keep you posted...

Post #4732713th Mar 2006 6:47 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

sturge

they are a great product very sturdy, you have to put the too stabaliser ropes through the rear windows to stop it rocking but i have had 4 bikes on mine with no problems art all, they also have pad locks to lock it all onto the vehicle

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #4732913th Mar 2006 6:52 pm
Sturge

20% Discount has been arranged - see below - we need to firm up on the details but are there any more takers? Her email is info@maxxraxx.co.uk and quote this site and my name - Paul Sturgeon. :

Hi Paul,

Wow! Well I have spoken to my boss and he says he will do 20% discount based on this quantity. This will give you a hefty reduction! The 4 bike rack is reduced from £210 to £168! Max has also said that he will extend this 20% to any other accessory purchases made with any orders, so if you need the height extension kit, light board hanger, light board or wall mounted bracket we will take 20% of these too.

The quote and prices I gave you below were for the swan neck style tow bar and for the MAXXRAXX designed for towing using a stabilizer so if any of your fellow members have a different requirement get them to contact me and I can re-quote. Basically if they have a two-bolt flange ball tow bar the rack will be a different price as they are not such a complicated rack. But the 20% will still stand.

To keep the 20% discount please can you ask each of your members to contact me via e-mail with their orders by the end of this week, once I have 6 e-mail orders I will contact each of them to take payment and send the racks out. Our delivery is next day delivery at £8.

Hope this is all ok?

Many thanks!

Samantha Gooding

MAXXRAXX Trading Ltd

0845 2303 744

Fax; 01342 844150

www.maxxraxx.co.uk

Post #4753214th Mar 2006 10:44 am
jacob

Greece 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

Sturge, gd day, i might hv an interest on maxxraxx as well,
can u pls advice what is the difference between the said ''discovery type''
and the '' Premier Swan Neck Westfalia ALKO''
my D3 has a standard LR removable tow hook, so which one can
be suitable ??

also can they sent the bikerack to Greece ??

thks/rgds

Post #4757814th Mar 2006 1:55 pm
MX

United Kingdom 

Sturge .... thanks for the efforts with this one - I just ordered a 4 bike carrier from them.

C'mon guys .... they only need another four orders to be confirmed now!
 D3 05 SE (old one)

RRS 08 SE (new one)

formerly mxgeldar7 

Post #4758414th Mar 2006 2:38 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I've e-mailed them too. I wish my staff would take up my suggestions as quick as Paul...

Post #4759014th Mar 2006 3:36 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Sturge wrote:
your members

Whose members? Laughing

Well done on the group discount Sturge Thumbs Up Bow down
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #4759214th Mar 2006 3:37 pm
Sturge

Martin - Ive asked Max of MaxxRaxx to contact you about a donation and possibly answering or joining in on this site. Keep your eyes out...

As I've said before I have no involvement with these people, let alone seen the product but I will be ordering as well....

Paul

Post #4759914th Mar 2006 4:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >