DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

McRae & Dick Inverness
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
McRae & Dick Inverness

Not D3 related, but my mates Defender ate its headlamp switch whilst driving the Tomintoul road the other night, scary moment for him as he lost all lights at 50mph on a twisty mountain road. We got home with him following my D3 closely. Quick scan at 'Land Rover Dealer' on the D3 sat nav brought up McRae & Dick as nearest. They had part in stock and were extremely helpful and prompt.

Post #8054325th Aug 2006 8:59 am
Land Rover Nat

United Kingdom 

I bought a Defender and a Discovery 3 from them and they were nice people to buy from.

Post #8055825th Aug 2006 10:00 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: McRae & Dick Inverness

Gareth wrote:
.... Quick scan at 'Land Rover Dealer' on the D3 sat nav .
Eh? Shocked no such POI's on mine Confused how did you get them to show?  
Post #8057125th Aug 2006 10:47 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

'Navigation Land Rover'

Need v13 disk
 The End  
Post #8057425th Aug 2006 10:49 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Ahhhh Thud

Post #8057625th Aug 2006 10:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 

It has been said that a number of people from 'down South' will come to Macrae & Dick in Inverness just to get their car serviced.

Aparently, they have a standard rate for ALL LR vehicles (£55ish per hour) and hence some people can actually have a long weekend in the highlands for 'free' Shocked

If you are paying £100/hour+ in a London dealer, a major service at M&D and a couple of nights B+B will still be cheaper in Inverness. Wink

I think Lakeland do the same thing and that's where I go - after all, I can go to Inverness for a take-away so the Lakes are more of an adventure Shocked

Post #8058125th Aug 2006 11:11 am
Land Rover Nat

United Kingdom 

The Friday before last weekend my car developed a suspension fault. As we were close by with the caravan parked on a campsite, i drove straight to Macrae & Dick to have it looked at. Greeted by the sales staff who sold us the car and went up to service reception. The girl in reception was dealing with another customer. A gentleman came up and asked if he could help. I explained the situation and asked if there was a car available to borrow. The immediate response was no. My wife and I were quite surprised by this as we had spent £45,000 to buy the car from them and expected a bit of sympathy. We were driven in and dropped in Inverness town centre. This proved expensive as her indoors raided M & S. About 4 hours later called to see if the car was ready, was told the keys had just been given to reception and the faults cleared. It would be about 45mins before we could be picked up as there was no one available. We took a Taxi.

Sunday the fault reappeared, but would clear if I took the key out and started again. Monday back to Macrae & Dicks and booked the car in for the fault again to be looked at. Later that day set off with the caravan to return home. About 5miles into journey fault again this time if we went above 30mph red warning and told to slow down. Pulled over called Macrae & Dick who told me to call Land Rover Assist. Whilst waiting for them to arrive I shut down and re started the fault was gone. Told LA and set off home.

Thursday car taken to Macrae & Dick who replaced the compressor. One of the sales team who lives in our town takes the car to the dealer. I expressed our thoughts on the way we were treated. Later that day my wife had a call from the general manager who apologised and offered to pay our taxi fare.

Sales team 10 out of 10. Service team 0 out of 10.

Post #9758830th Oct 2006 12:44 pm
Supergirl

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

What Macrae & Prick.

do I need to go on. Shocked

dinnae get me started on them. John the sales guy is the only decent guy.

Oh I remember the time we put our FFRR in for a fault. They gave us a Ford Ka as our coutsey car which wasn't to bad but when we got a call in the afternoon telling us to come and pick up of FFRR as they did not have time to look at the car well that was a bit much. It had been booked in 3 weeks previous. Took the car to Morrison and no trouble at all.

if the mood suits they are fine would much rather use Frank Ogg Elgin or Morrisons Stirling

Post #9760330th Oct 2006 2:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >