Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Millers Diesel Power Plus treatment.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Millers Diesel Power Plus treatment.

Has anyone used this product? http://www.millersoils.net/index2.html
I vaguely remember it being mentioned on here. As my nearest Shell station only sells the regular diesel, but at the cheapest price in the area, I thought i might try it.
eta-Any reasons why this shouldn't be used on the D3 Question

Post #9636623rd Oct 2006 1:22 pm
Ocsid

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I have been using it since early summer. That amounts to continuous use for the last 4623 miles. All UK fuelling has been with Shells normal diesel fuel but much of that mileage has been with a varied mix of French fuels.
I keep very detailed logs of fuel usage and this does not reveal any measurable economy improvement relative to before adopting its use.
However I continue to feel on “insurance” grounds that it’s worth using for the added lubricity it is claimed to give. Particularly when I am buying foreign fuel and bearing in mind the cost of injection equipment.

Post #9641323rd Oct 2006 5:16 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Interesting, thanks for your reply. Have you noticed any difference in performance?

Post #9651724th Oct 2006 1:28 pm
LT

Interesting, thanks for your reply. Have you noticed any difference in performance?

Post #9651824th Oct 2006 1:29 pm
Ocsid

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

LT,
No I can’t detect any improvement at all in performance, smoothness or as stated earlier in the more measurable parameter fuel economy.
However this seems a feature of the car, thus I suspect in the diesel engine technology it uses.
We also run a 150bhp Golf Mk4 GTI TDI PD and with this the use of Millers Diesel Power Plus is most noticeable on all three counts, particularly in smoothness and refinement. It really is a different motor if used with normal diesel plus the additive compared to the use untreated normal diesel fuel. Previously I ran 200 and 300 Tdi 110s and both these were improved by using Millers but not as radically as it is with the Golf.
With both the Disco 3 and the Golf the results are the same with the additive and using untreated BP Ultimate, compared to normal diesel fuel. It seems to make no difference what fuel I use in the Disco but a very noticeable difference with the Golf.

My own thoughts are that the more advanced technology in the fuelling system of the Disco 3 such as piezo actuated injection are controlling combustion offsetting the need for combustion modifying additives.

That all said, if I put it in the fuel then I know I have a lubricant. I am not so sure that all the fuel deliveries always get what additives they should.

Post #9653424th Oct 2006 3:44 pm
LT

Thanks, if I knew that I was going to keep the D3 for more than 3 years then I think I'd use it. Not sure I'm brave enough to have such a complex vehicle outside of warranty though.
I haven't calculated the cost of using Millers, but if it's not significant then I'll probably try it.

Post #9654524th Oct 2006 4:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >