Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Multiple Intermittent Transmission Problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dia.mond

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Multiple Intermittent Transmission Problems

A while back I made the mistake of washing my engine bay. 70miles later I suffered repeated Transmission Faults (solved by pulling over and restarting) which I now know to be related to water and the Transmission Shift Control Module on the RH bulkhead. It improved after drying out, but recurred from time to time in the rain ... I discovered a poorly fitting rubber engine bay seal letting water get in and accumulate in the foam seal on the battery cover.

I have covered several 100 miles with only one or two recurrent Transmission Faults, but under acceleration I can get a grinding/squealing from the transmission tunnel but without any fault appearing. At the noise, I decelerate and the box reverts to its previous gear. My solution has been to drive extremely cautiously and avoid too much load on the box.

Can anybody advise on the likely cause? From the various threads here I can see possible causes with water damage to the Transmission Shift Control Module behind the battery, a blocked Fuel filter or is something more serious/expensive? Any thoughts very gratefully received.

Post #21103593rd Jan 2020 3:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >