Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D3)

Mutliple faults lit up the dashboard
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 15 <123 4 ... 131415>
Grunders

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Update.....

The same things happened again...twice within 20 minutes of each other... All the lights and recurring faults....HDC, gearbox, engine, suspension and EPB faults, LRA been out and no faults found.. The car is now in the stealers and up to now no faults found... This is really frustrating and i'm losing confidence in the cars ability to get me anywhere,

the most annoying thing was tsking 5 of us to a meeting in Birmingham yesterday. Fortunately i was only 3 miles from home and managed to get home and use a second car, however we were 20 minutes late for the meeting..

I will keep you updated on the diagnosed fault....
 If it ain't broke... Take it apart anyway, how else you gonna find out how it works  
Post #81629612th Jul 2011 9:32 am
Grunders

I've just recieved a all from LR (Williams in Manchester) and they're saying the fault could be caused by lights i have fitted, these being genuine led rear lights and hid headlamp upgrade.... If this is the cause they are saying the working is chargeable....

Has anyone else heard of these causing problems?
 If it ain't broke... Take it apart anyway, how else you gonna find out how it works  
Post #81632712th Jul 2011 11:19 am
Grunders

Update..... The faults were caused by height sensors.. New ones fitted, all ok now ( touch wood)
Post #81720514th Jul 2011 4:27 pm
A1GSS

England 

This has just happened to me. Well, OK, on Monday. ABS/Emergency/Ride height/Parking Brake/Brake Fault lights on, Special programs off, HDC unavailable.

Car's been into the dealer today to get it checked out (Lookers, Stortford), they can't find anything wrong, no fault codes, checked the brake light switch and circuits, bulbs - nothing to report... Sad

What experience to others have - do these faults always come back?

I've now had two faults in as many weeks, let's hope it's not the start of a plague...
 ____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey 

Post #8331768th Sep 2011 10:02 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There was a TSB for height sensors for certain VINs where there was a manufacturing fault which allowed water iingress. Seems to be around the same MY08?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #8332429th Sep 2011 2:11 am
A1GSS

England 

Ah, that's interesting... someone else commented that the height sensor had caused their problem.

What's a TSB exactly, some kind of problem record? Or is it a recall?
 ____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey 

Post #8332639th Sep 2011 7:33 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Technical Service Bulletin. Usually says "should a customer complain........." but I think these were changed when vehicles came in for service. Someone should know what VINs it was for.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #8332649th Sep 2011 7:40 am
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

cdodkin wrote:
Sounds just like break switch failure symptoms.

... except for the fact that gears are not engaging.
Although the brake switch does indeed make your dash look like a Christmas tree, you can drive it. Fredrik cannot as I understand.

The braking system is connected to the abs sensors, also needed to detect wheel spin (there you go re terrain response functions and dsc) and it is connected to suspension as well, so when the brake light switch is faulty, you will be driving on bump stops.

My guess is it is *not* the brake light switch Thumbs Up

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #8333299th Sep 2011 11:57 am
Emon

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3
D3 not responding after 3 weeks parked in the snow

Hi All,

Need some help. I had left my 08 D3 for about 3 weeks undriven. Last weekend 4th Feb, I was looking forward to taking it for a drive in the snow, on attempting to start the dash displayed the following faults and the engine would not turn.
"Transmission fault limited gears available"
"HDC fault system not available"
"Park brake fault"

So I had assumed weak battery, low voltage, electronics playing up, so disconnected the battery and set it to charge.
This morning in sunny Lincolnshire, -5 degrees, I thought I would go for a nice drive in the snow. Connected up a fully charged battery, AND the same !!! Sad
Any clues where to start, as I would dearly fix it tomorrow (Sun 12 Feb) and go for that drive.
Thanks,
Emon
 Emon
Chairman, G4ownersclub.com 

Post #89598511th Feb 2012 6:26 pm
wicket

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

had similar problem and turned out to be alternator failure - full of insects and seeds, hope this helps, Wicket

Post #90262028th Feb 2012 6:41 am
Chimpy

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

G'day

"Transmission fault limited gears available"
"HDC fault system not available"
"Park brake fault"

Ahhh I know them well Mad

A new battery and no more faults Razz

Both LR and an Indie tried to resolve the problem but failed. Both tested the old battery and said it was fine. It wasn't

Cheers

Chimpy
 Thou shalt not let moochers into thine hut  
Post #95289410th Jul 2012 12:19 pm
Peternc

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

3 times in about the last 3 weeks I've had the same fault displays as Emon and Chimpy. On every occasion it has been after driving the car for an hour or more. The fault display is immediately followed by a considerable loss of power and the suspension sinking to the lowest setting.

After coming to a halt I turn the engine off, leave it for a minute or so, turn back on and everything is back to normal. I would like to think that it is something as simple as the battery, the car is 5 years old now and I haven't changed the battery in the 2 years I've had it and I assume the previous owner didn't either. I suspect it isn't as simple as that because the fault is intermittent and has occurred after a fairly lengthy run.

I would be grateful for any thoughts on the matter!

Thanks

Peter

Post #9613461st Aug 2012 3:17 pm
zimbo38

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3

I have similar issues with my 2008 Disco 3 HSE. I have had it back to the dealers for 4 times now and they say it is fixed but is not. Here is the issue: if I drive over 50 miles per hour for about 10 mins or more, suddenly the dashboard will light up like a fruit machine and all the warning lights come on with messages like "Slow Down or Vehicle will Lower" (its in normal height anyway) and most of the orange warning lights stay on (the triangle, break etc etc). I am soooo sick and tired of taking it to the dealer in Welywn who basically can't/won't fix it. So I have concluded that this is just an interesting form of entertainment for the benefit of the driver and I just carry on driving and ignore all those dumb warning lights. How I utterly HATE HATE HATE my Censored LR Disco. Big Cry

Martin

Post #9739756th Sep 2012 10:40 am
Peternc

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Mine went into my local dealer 2 weeks ago, they dignosed the issue as a faulty high pressure fuel pump. This was (expensively) replaced and I have done about 600 miles since with no problems. Touch wood.

Peter

Post #9739996th Sep 2012 12:07 pm
Banjoplayer

Norway 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 3

SteveNorman wrote:
I would suggest, as the transfer box ecu has to have communication through it to allow the high speed CAN network to function, you have still got a bad connection, or worse a water damaged transfer box ecu. remove the ecu & carefully remove the tabs & outer case, you will probably see water damage.
You will need to repair the loom connections to it, & see how bad the terminals are on the ecu, as I have seen some corroded right off.
If still no luck, you may need a new transfer box ecu & will have to have it adapted to the vehicle.

This is a pretty accurate description of my 2007 D3... Sad

What would I need to do in order to "have it adapted to the vehicle" if I replace the TCU? The D3 is 200kms from the nearest LR dealer and was hoping to be able to drive it there for calibration/adaptation if possible. At present, the D3 is in limp back mode and Low range.

I'm considering to buy a replacement TCU unit from a UK based breaker (from a 2008 D3 SX). There is a Code/ID at the very top of the sticker on the TCU. On my D3, this reads NNW 508 480, but on the replacement unit, the number reads 7H42-7H417-AC. The units are physically identical.
The GSDB- and the BOSCH code printed further down on the TCU aluminium case sticker are identical for the replacement unit, but the numbers under the BOSCH number (between the two bottom barcodes) differ. I guess these latter figures are just firmware identifiers that does not matter, or can be flashed with new code to fit the new vehicle.

As I'm suspecting that the wiring loom connectors are also damaged, I would be interested if there are alternatives to buying the complete engine bay wiring loom. Is there a repair kit available from somewhere?

Feedback would be appreciated.
 Franco  
Post #9868518th Oct 2012 11:30 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 15 <123 4 ... 131415>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >