Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

MY11 D4: Restricted Performance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
alfamale

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
MY11 D4: Restricted Performance

A lovely trip down to St. Ives last weekend, the weather was to die for and the kids enjoyed the Saturday on Porthmeor beach.

However, on the way back on the Sunday afternoon, I got to the elevated section of the M5 and the car went into restricted performance mode. Looking at the gauge I thought it could have been to do with very low fuel so popped into Gordano and filled her up...problem sorted, not issues on re-start.

Monday morning, off to Bristol for a meeting, got to M5 J13 slip, accelerated to pass a lorry and restricted performance mode again. The same thing then happened approaching the M4/M5 interchange having left Aust after the second meeting later in the day. In fact, as I left the M48/M4 interchange and went up the hill, the car dropped from 75mph to 59mph by the time I reached the top.

Anyway, she's now at the $tealers and the diagnosis is split o/s inlet manifold, which will require replacing, the additional of "a kit" and 1, 2 & 3 re-seating. 10 hours of labour, plus parts, all for the princely sum of £1500. No availability for man hours until Thursday and then there's only 5 hours left in their diary!

Hoping WD will come to my aid and, having gone ExtraCare, will also contribute £50/day for car hire for 7 days!

Happy days Big Cry
 Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #15421709th Oct 2015 12:34 pm
Sloss

Scotland 

Bummer!

Hopefully WD will cover it all, I've never had problems with them on my old Audi A8 or my D4 Thumbs Up
 Stew,

2010 D4 gone but I really loved it
Went back to Merc - C350 AMG 

Post #15421739th Oct 2015 12:47 pm
alfamale

Here's hoping. The WD 'covered parts' section states:

and

Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #15421769th Oct 2015 1:09 pm
alfamale

Just been reading this thread (http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic132255.html?view=previous) from earlier in the year about cracked inlet manifolds and and a LR TSB that refers to the material being too thin.

With a TSB in place and mine looking like a cracked manifold, should LR or the dealer not be covering the cost of parts/labour?

Post #15421849th Oct 2015 1:25 pm
alfamale

So the good news is that WD has authorised the claim. The $tealer told me 10+ hours but told WD 8.6. Unless WD told them 8.6 of course!!!!

Just a question of when now. Could be Thursday before they can even start looking Rolling Eyes

Post #15422559th Oct 2015 3:48 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

good news! Bet you're glad of the WD investment! Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #15422819th Oct 2015 4:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alfamale

Almost certainly paid for itself. Trouble I now have is having to put up with an old 840csi for the weekend Whistle

Post #15422959th Oct 2015 5:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >