Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

MY12 D4 with 8 speed coming to Australia?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MattJ73

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
MY12 D4 with 8 speed coming to Australia?

Now I have not been down to the dealer to see if there are 8 speed D4's sitting in the dealer car park but there is no mention of the 8 speed box being available on the AU LR website. I guess we are the last one's to get the new box and the MY12 upgrades?

Anyone done any dealer research as to when the '8-speed MY12' D4 will land here?

Post #9389575th Jun 2012 11:18 pm
MattJ73

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

2 seconds of internet research and... (although this article is from July 2011??) So the question still remains?

2012 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY
Joining the tweaked Range Rover Sport line-up, Land Rover has today confirmed that its updated-for-2012 Discovery 4 will hit Australian showrooms in November.
Like its Range Rover platform mate, the 2012 Discovery 4 will bring a number of styling, comfort and convenience updates. These will be followed in the new year by a new eight-speed auto, a rotary gear-shift and steering-mounted paddle shifters.
In November, Discovery 4 buyers will have the choice of two new option packs, along with improved entertainment and navigation systems.
In the cabin, the 2012 Discovery 4 gets a new colour screen for the entry-level audio system - replacing the current monochrome unit. Bluetooth is also standard, and USB and iPod connectivity is available as an option.
A new non-navigation touch-screen is also now available with the audio system, and the Premium Harmon Kardon Logic 7 audio system now features 17 speakers and 825W of power.
The two new option packs to be offered - the Technology Pack and the Vision Assist Pack - will likely appeal to two distinct groups of buyers.

The Technology Pack includes Premium Navigation incorporating 4x4i off-road navigation, as well as 'Say What You See' voice activation and Parking Aids for the front and rear with rear view cameras.
The Vision Assist Pack has Xenon Adaptive Front Headlamps including Cornering Lamps, Automatic Headlamps with High Beam Assist and the Surround Camera System including Approach Lamps, Tow Assist and Tow Hitch Assist.
The rear gains a single slot DVD drive in the audio head unit, replacing the previous six DVD Changer accessed through the luggage compartment.
The rear seat audio system is operated by the new WhiteFire wireless technology cordless headphones, and can also be controlled by remote control.
The system supports connectivity with games consoles and video playback of MP4 files stored on USB.
For 2012, the phonebook capacity for the Discovery 4 has increased significantly from 700 entries to several thousand. The TFT Message Centre interface has been redesigned to display audio, phone and navigational information.
There are also new chrome-trimmed steering column stalks with clearer symbols, along with a new pebble-like design to the smart key.
The 2012 Discovery 4 gets a new 19-inch alloy wheel design as standard on the HSE model. The 2011 HSE wheel will now be standard with the SDV6 SE variant, while a 20-inch five-split-spoke wheel design and extended satin black roof rails will be available across the range as an option.
Pricing and Availability
Australian pricing and availability will be revealed closer to the updated Land Rover Discovery's November launch.

Post #9389635th Jun 2012 11:31 pm
disco4x4au

Australia 

If you do a search you should find:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic68248.html

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #9389756th Jun 2012 1:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Preacher

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

MattJ73

sounds like the new D4 will be just the thing after Dinner
 05 Bonati Grey TDV6 SE, triple Rhino roof racks, rooftop tent, Traxside USI-160 system, triple batteries with duel yellow tops, GME UHF. Mitchell Bros tow hitch, LED internal lights, 265/70/17 maxis bighorns, steel rims, Llams, Maxtrax, Engel and Bushman fridges, Hema navigator, Engine remap. Towing 12ft O/R Regal Desert Series.  
Post #103389013th Jan 2013 12:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dan W

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Hi All, it's been a while.

As predicted I'm sniffing around Disco's again!

I drove a MY13 TDV6 this morning. The TDV6 now has the 3L engine, and the SDV6 has a tuned version of the 3L Engine. Both have the 8 Speed box. I was impressed, it was really smooth, and didn't have the issues with kick-down that the old 2.7/6 Speed had.

Anyway, I'm debating in my own head tonight on whether or not I'll sign on the dotted line - but god it was nice to be back in a Disco!

Dan
 2012 MY13 SDV6 SE D4 Ipanema Sand with Almond leather
2012 TDI Passat - they reckon the DSG is crap, I reckon it's awesome
2010 MY11 Mitsubishi Challenger - Gone (it was a "Challenging Year")
2007 MY08 TDV6 SE - gone 

Post #10472122nd Feb 2013 8:28 am
Baggy

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Dan - just do it!!!!!!!!!!
Then tell us all about it so we can all get envious!!!!! Mr. Green

Good luck.....
 '11 TDV6 - Stornoway Grey.... still lovin' it!!

REDUCE GREENHOUSE GASSES.......Eat more BEEF!!
Addendum: Red wine goes REALLY well with BEEF 

Post #10472152nd Feb 2013 8:36 am
Preacher

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Dan W wrote:
Hi All, it's been a while.

As predicted I'm sniffing around Disco's again!

I drove a MY13 TDV6 this morning. The TDV6 now has the 3L engine, and the SDV6 has a tuned version of the 3L Engine. Both have the 8 Speed box. I was impressed, it was really smooth, and didn't have the issues with kick-down that the old 2.7/6 Speed had.

Anyway, I'm debating in my own head tonight on whether or not I'll sign on the dotted line - but god it was nice to be back in a Disco!

Dan

Hi Dan
Is the vehicle described above available in OZ - The TDV6 now has the 3L engine, and the SDV6 has a tuned version of the 3L Engine. Both have the 8 Speed box.
Can't find any other info on it?
 05 Bonati Grey TDV6 SE, triple Rhino roof racks, rooftop tent, Traxside USI-160 system, triple batteries with duel yellow tops, GME UHF. Mitchell Bros tow hitch, LED internal lights, 265/70/17 maxis bighorns, steel rims, Llams, Maxtrax, Engel and Bushman fridges, Hema navigator, Engine remap. Towing 12ft O/R Regal Desert Series.  
Post #10478313rd Feb 2013 9:05 am
Dan W

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Yes it is available, the LRA site is a bit confusing. Go into Cars>Disco 4>Explore, and then you will see a little drop down that I think Starts with the TDV6, then the SDV6 SE, HSE, V8, or go to the pricing calculator and it will show all of the variants and their RRP + Drive away price.

I ordered a brochure as the dealer had none.

I got the torque figures from the dealer, I think the TDV6 puts out 520NM while the SDV6 now does 600NM! Impressive until you see the price.

TDV6 is $77k driveaway (more for metallic etc etc), and the SDv6 SE is $93K!!! Shocked Dealer told me the only difference between the 2 is the Engine output, and the SE has electric front seats. I can't find a detailed spec to see if that's true because it seems stupid if that's all the difference is.

The TDV6 I drove, also didn't have any badge at all besides "Discovery 4" ie, no TDV6 or anything. It also had that Censored pop-up gear select dial - why did they do that Bow down Laughing
 2012 MY13 SDV6 SE D4 Ipanema Sand with Almond leather
2012 TDI Passat - they reckon the DSG is crap, I reckon it's awesome
2010 MY11 Mitsubishi Challenger - Gone (it was a "Challenging Year")
2007 MY08 TDV6 SE - gone 

Post #10486144th Feb 2013 9:49 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >