Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

MY16 DRL's when towing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
B16 KJR

Scotland 

I will wait and see what my local dealer says first, as there's no point in continuing the discussion with the supplying dealership, as they are 350 miles away from me. Pretty obvious that they never checked the 13pin socket after they fitted it though, as my caravans 13pin plug couldn't physically fit into the socket as it fouled the top of the bumper cutout, as they hadn't fitted the spacer Crying or Very sad

Its also obvious that their PDI was pretty poor, my car has the 20" diamond cut wheels with Pirelli tyres and I discovered that my spare was a different style of alloy, 19" instead of 20" and it had a Goodyear tyre which was very well used Shocked

Post #18121257th May 2017 12:28 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

After a quick trip to see DM, my third option for the reversing camera is now usable, thanks Mike Thumbs Up However I had a strange outcome regarding the parking sensors, according to my Dealership everything was enabled correctly and the problem that I was having with the parking sensors was down to me connecting the towing electrics with the engine running ?

I have to admit I was a bit sceptical, but tried connecting with the engine switched off and everything now works as it should Shocked According to the Dealership it is a 'safety feature' of the car.

Post #181937526th May 2017 5:50 pm
Washwipe

England 

B16 KJR wrote:

However, when towing and engaging any gear other than 'D' my parking sensors sound and I get the 'parking aid warning screen' ? I also don't have the 3rd box option (like Washwipe) to select the hitch guidance, camera zoom function. I have spoken to the supplying Dealership and been told that the hitch guidance function can only be enabled on cars with factory fitted tow electrics and cant be enabled if dealer fitted ?

Think the dealer is telling you the truth, my personal feeling is the SSD that that LR supply to the dealer limits what can be enabled, I.e. They can only enable what the SSD allows, the minor adjustments such as partial Hitch Assist is not allowed on the dealers software but to anyone with the IID Tool it is possible?

Hence the dealer can't/won't enable Heated Steering Wheel etc.

Post #181944826th May 2017 10:03 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

I've never heard about having to connect the 13 pin plug with the engine off before though ?

Post #181962227th May 2017 3:51 pm
Washwipe

England 

Mine has been back into the dealers to resolve the DRL's when towing, final result, "we've tried it on another Landmark, it's the same, it's working as it's supposed to Rolling Eyes

Which is a U Turn on what they said last time they looked at it.

Post #18246429th Jun 2017 5:54 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

My DRL's come on the caravan whilst its hitched up which suits me, as I think its quite a good safety feature Thumbs Up Still not sure why I have to connect the electrics whilst the engine is OFF though ?

Post #18246589th Jun 2017 6:08 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Quick update,

I bought an IID tool and checked the towing electrics settings and found 'Trailer Module-not fitted' I changed this to 'Trailer Module-13 pin' and guess what, I can now plug the electrics in with the engine running without the parking sensors problem and my fridge also now works of 12v which it didn't before.

So much for the 'it's a safety feature sir' Rolling Eyes

My DRL's still light up on the caravan but that's something that I like and would class that as a 'safety feature' Thumbs Up

Post #187421731st Oct 2017 3:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >