Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Discovery 5 - L462

Is MY2021 Full Time 4WD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Found this online regarding the Intelligent Driveline system fitted to Defender:
Click image to enlarge

Interestingly it only allows up to 50/50 front/rear split from 0/100 front/rear. So unlike the older system that could put all the torque through the front wheels if necessary, this one is never more than 50% to the front. I guess with the latest traction control that's a more effective overall system than that fitted to the L319/L320.

Interesting how things go around - I guess this system is the modern equivalent of the freewheeling hubs fitted to the 80inch back at the start of it all.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #221169418th Feb 2021 8:47 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

DG wrote:
Rims I understand but we all made changes in that respect historically... otherwise, never had an issue with the spatial awareness of the vehicle dimensions personally ...on or off ....but agree you had to get used to it Smile

It was specifically how the bonnet sloped away. With the D3/4 you could clearly see the front edge and corners of the bonnet. This allowed you to judge very easily where the bumper was. IMO, that made life easier.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #221179218th Feb 2021 3:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >