filo11th Nov 2015 5:57 pm
sowa414th Nov 2015 11:03 pm
segrub13th Dec 2015 10:17 pm
Paulo Madeira30th Aug 2016 10:21 pm
RATA116th Jan 2021 2:56 pm

BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

It was late in 2010 when I first made a very agressive personal contact with the chap running the one man band behind the origional Nanocom.

He was surprisingly open and honest with me, revealing all his many problems, isolation and dissolutionment, but mostly revealed that he was in a very deep hole in most aspects and as such he was already on the verge of packing it all in for various personal and professional reasons.

He freely sent me one of his new Nanocom Evolution units for evaluation, which was really ugly, badly built, and unbelievably buggy, but otherwise was technically really quite brilliant being cheaper and More usable that our own equipment at the time, even although ours was undeniable the best there was.

I could have just done nothing and let this competative product die a natural death, but this guys openess and honesty along with the products basic brilliance led me to try and help.

I made an agreement with him to take over the Nanocom name and Product and every other aspect, along with employing him and working as a team and partner to sort out all the Problems in any way we could in the hope of saving this Product.

Our take over was announced in Jan 2011

At that point I really knew very little about the state of the Nanocom, but quickly realised it was much worse than I could ever have imagined, quite the Hand Greneade in the Lap, and although I was willing to try, I really had my doubts as to if it could be saved at all.

Many existing Nanocom owners expressed concern, imagined my motives for this takeover to be selfish, corporate bullying and not in their interests and tried to manipulate and coerce me into making public guarantees that I was simply unwilling to make at that time.

Many anti BBS folks, and lets face it all Nanocom owners were at that time, made a meal out of this and it seemed to me that no matter what I posted, would be mis interpreted and twisted, so in the end I simply stopped posting.

So please check the dates of what negative posts you might read about the Nanocom, especially on the pretty Lawless LandyZone forum

TBH the General reaction was not exactly inspiring, or motivating, however there was one forum that was rather different. AULRO, who's members seemed appreciative of our efforts and willing to help.

It honestly took imense amounts of effort to solve even the most basic of problems, starting with the Fact that even upgrading to newer software was Broken, but we did it.
Then with the joint collaberation and help of many AULRO members doing testing and giving feedback, we not only very quickly debugged the software for all existing owners to their and our joint benefits, but freely introduced coverage of previously uncovered ECU's.

Over time, we also totally and spectacularly reworked the Evolutions Hardware design to quite a physical masterpiece that some call the EVO 2, sorted out a really brilliant upgrading process, reworked all the Documention, created a dedicated and free Support forum for absolutely all Owners and now a whole new web site, emulator and much more.

If we ever "used" any paying customer, I very much doubt it was not to their benefit equally if not more than ours !!!

Of course all this all happened many years ago when the Nanocom Evolution was competing in the area of Discovery 2, in which it now enjoys being the undisputed King rather than CAN BUS vehicles like the Discovery 3 etc.

It is a matter of Record that BBS knows it's stuff, has a well proven Track record and that that we been soley responsible for introducing functionality and capabilites that have quite literally changed the face of ownership of later Land Rover Vehicles via our MSV-2.

As of about a year ago we slowly started to add CAN BUS vehicle capability to the brilliant Nanocom Evolution platform. I made a decision to only do this in a very forward thinking and intelligent way that would pay handsomely in the future, one which many others rightly share.

If anyone has a problem with a Nanocom, we are all ears and will do whatever it takes to sort ASAP.
IF not, well here I am Thumbs Up

ATB

Colin

Post #141486626th Jan 2015 8:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shaun3192

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I would be interested at the right price Thumbs Up

Post #141491326th Jan 2015 9:22 pm
doz

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Colin, I'm sorry you felt to compelled to write that. I've always had excellent support and I have used this both for my P38 and now my D3. BBS have listened when I felt there was an issue and an update fixed it. I've never felt the need to "wash dirty laundry in public". I also think the idea of beta testing is correct. That way we get a small say in how it works. I'm sure as the roll outs continue the Evo will be come another leader in the market.

Post #141492126th Jan 2015 9:34 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

There is nothing wrong in people expressing their opinion about kit they have paid for. Members should feel free to post good or bad reviews as they see fit. Members are entitled to their opinion.

All comments have to be factual and based on their own recent experience, not what they have read or heard from a mate down the pub. If you like a product then say so. If you don't like it then say that too. But the best reviews are from those who list both the good and the bad. Manufacturers can and do learn things from balanced reviews and it is this feedback that drives the changes and enhancements we all seek.

Thumbs Up
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #141493726th Jan 2015 9:43 pm
harrythespider

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

It is a matter of Record that BBS knows it's stuff, has a well proven Track record and that that we been solely responsible for introducing functionality and capabilities that have quite literally changed the face of ownership of later Land Rover Vehicles via our MSV-2.

The above statement from Colin should give comfort to the doubters.

Post #141496226th Jan 2015 10:16 pm
Robbie

In fairness that is Colin telling everyone how wonderful he is!

Wink

Diagnostics for:

Post #141496626th Jan 2015 10:21 pm
snailcove

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Good write up Colin Thumbs Up

Post #141497626th Jan 2015 10:34 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The thing that disturbs me, is why the BBS help forums are all private...
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #141499026th Jan 2015 10:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbie

Diagnostics for:

Post #141500426th Jan 2015 10:58 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Is that Broadchurch Series 2 Robbie Rolling with laughter
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #141501026th Jan 2015 11:07 pm
Dale H

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Paddy0174 wrote:
I can't say anything bad about BBS, especially Colin. Ordered mine from the last group buy (the one before the christmas sale) and everything good so far. Especially the customer support.

If you ask for something on the nanocom forum, normally you get a response within hours, longest was one day.

It works for the D4 quite well, only the MY15 is not yet fully covered, as some things have changed on LR side. I asked, and was promised they start developing for the MY15 at the end of Feb. So far, so good.

@ Dale H
What is the problem with your nanocom? Maybe someone here can help, but on the nanocom forum, there IS help for you, just ask. Smile

It appears that there was an issue with firmware 1.27 and CCF reading preventing file upload in Genesis. Headed over to the Nanocom forum to look for answers. Adrian one of the admins suggested upgrading firmware to 1.28 which once applied solved my problem. It did take two tries however for this update to be applied successfully.

Post #141519227th Jan 2015 11:49 am
geoff.

England 

Disco_Mikey wrote:
The thing that disturbs me, is why the BBS help forums are all private...

with the greatest respect mikey they are dedicated forums for owners of that equipment and i have other bits of kit with a dedicated forum so don't think BBS are alone on that front Thumbs Up

Post #141519427th Jan 2015 11:59 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I credit all members with sufficient intelligence to figure out and see past any biased BBS bashing posts and the reasons that may possibly be behind them. Also how relevent or lame they may be. Just as much as if and when I may possibly be overstepping things and making false claims.

At least my reasons for my comments are more obvious.

I am very proud of our past accomplishments and acheivements and while may be guilty of pointing this out in a very pro BBS manner, I have yet to encounter any dispute or argument that what I say is not actually true.

The undisputable facts and history on this forum alone shows that many years ago.
1) BBS provided the first ever Independant Diagnostic system in the Form of the MSV-2
2) BBS introduced full CCF editing which Wiggs showed made adding 4x4 Info a reality.
3) BBS has since added Full all ECU flashing and much more to the MSV-2

If anyone wishes to contest, dispute or argue with this, then feel free.

@doz
Many thanks:
Yea I know how you feel, But in telling at least some of the story seemed the best way to explain the negative comments.
Perhaps I would have been better off just lying to the existing owners and promising things I could then only hope would happen, but that's just not my way.

What I did not mention is that the guy who initially created the Nanocom and was trying to run it all as a one man Band and doing everything himself, and therefore pretty much failing at everthing, was working so hard and so many hours per day that he barely ever got to see or spend any time with his first new born Child "Emma"

I credit all members with sufficient intelligence to figure out and see past any biased BBS bashing posts and the reasons that may possibly be behind them. Also how relevent or lame they may be. Just as much as if and when I may possibly be overstepping things and making false claims.

At least my reasons for my comments are more obvious.

I am very proud of our past accomplishments and acheivements and while may be guilty of pointing this out in a very pro BBS manner, I have yet to encounter any dispute or argument that what I say is not actually true.

The undisputable facts and history on this forum alone shows that many years ago.
1) BBS provided the first ever Independant Diagnostic system in the Form of the MSV-2
2) BBS introduced full CCF editing which Wiggs showed made adding 4x4 Info a reality.
3) BBS has since added Full all ECU flashing and much more to the MSV-2

If anyone wishes to contest, dispute or argue with this, then feel free.

@doz
Many thanks:
Yea I know how you feel, But in telling at least some of the story seemed the best way to explain the negative comments.
Perhaps I would have been better off just lying to the existing owners and promising things I could then only hope would happen, but that's just not my way.

What I did not mention is that the guy who initially created the Nanocom and was trying to run it all as a one man Band and doing everything himself, and therefore pretty much failing at everthing, was working so hard and so many hours per day that he barely ever got to see or spend any time with his first new born Child "Emma"

Along with the Nanocom, I also very much fixed that even more important situation too.

I am not professing to be perfect by any means, I am also not saying that BBS is perfect, nor the Nanocom, but we are at least honest and trying as best we can and by general concencous (thanks to all) we really don't seem to be failing much.

No matter what happens and is said on this forum, our forum or any other, Me and BBS and all our staff are absolutely and totally committed to continuing developments helping owners and building upon the Nanocoms obvious success and our proven capabilities no matter what or how long it takes.

This thread is not an equipment or supplier comparison one, it is about a group buy possibility of the Nanocom Evolution at a 25% discount.

I have given Harrythespider the figures who will no doubt post them up here and it is up to you to sign up as being interested or not.

ATB and warmest regards

Colin

Post #141542827th Jan 2015 7:08 pm
Robbie

Colin,

You are drifting towards a conspiracy theory over those who do not share the view that you think they should have(!). If there are disgruntled ex-customers out there then you have to take that on the chin. If their views are out-of-date because things have moved on (eg Nanocom) then feel free to highlight it as that is an error of fact and it would not help the membership or you.

I think we all appreciate how long you have been in this game from your involvement with Dash Master, Autologic, Rovacom, MSV to Nanocom, with all the branch paths and upsets along the way. But it really is for customers to judge you on the products available and their views on customer support. Customers are equally keen on providing you with good reviews where they believe you deserve it so I would not be so swift to question the motives of those who are less satisfied. You do not need to tell people how great you are or accuse people of an anti-BBS bias. Let the product, customer service and customer reviews do the talking.

Thumbs Up

Diagnostics for:

Post #141546427th Jan 2015 7:55 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I hope I what I said wasnt taken as having a dig, I had an early Nanocom and after reading your first reply did a google and the results werent to good, the problem is anyone else doing the exact same search is going to get the exact same results.

As for Landyzone being lawless thats not so unless you venture into the anything goes section then thats pretty spot on! sometimes people being allowed to write exactly what they think is good, some people dont like it but thats the alleged democracy we live in for you.

Im slightly dubious of any non maker software as at work we have the makers software and it the dogs dangies, we also have TEXA who say they are the future of diagnostics, quite frankly my Censored just doesnt cover what we all think of that statement Shocked

Post #141547327th Jan 2015 8:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >