DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

Nanocom Evo Upgrade V1.19 released
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Nanocom Evo Upgrade V1.19 released

As stated, we have released yet another firmware upgrade for the Nanocom Evolution today in the form of Version 1.19.

This contains usability improvements in the EAS application and some additional checking measures in the Flashing application.

However what most will notice is the addition of the first version of the CAN BUS vehicle instrument mode.

This is not really a traditional function of diagnostic equipment, but an additional feature of the Nanocom Evolution that takes advantage of the colour screen to provide a second usage possibility for it.

In fact Defender and Disco 2 owners regard this as a primary function and permanently mount the unit on their dashboards

In essence the unit can be configured in its settings such that on power up it will automatically run the Instrument mode application and so display a number of live engine parameters in a screen that uses graphics to mimick a digital display.

Effectively providing an additional instrument display.

Typically there are a small number of user selectable displays, and although this has been released in V1.19 with just one display option that is generic to all engine types, we are already working on adding additional instrument mode displays that are specific to the different engine types and will be automatically determined and provided by the Nanocom.

I should add that the bug fixes and additional functions being added to the nanocom Evolution are by no means being worked on and added in a one by one manner.

We currently have at least half a dozen things that are being worked on simultainiously and expect that there will be many more updates being released on a regular basis for quite some time to come.

We also welcome any feedback.

Post #122803231st Jan 2014 4:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
crwoody

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Great news Colin, always nice to see you're keeping up with the development progress on this great piece of kit.

Any news on the gearbox reset function yet?
 Clive

Post #122804531st Jan 2014 5:00 pm
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

B*gger - only just updated to v18 Laughing

Thumbs Up

Post #122810131st Jan 2014 5:59 pm
ajps72

2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up excellent instrument mode is great for traveling

Post #12283921st Feb 2014 3:36 am
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

crwoody wrote:
Great news Colin, always nice to see you're keeping up with the development progress on this great piece of kit.

Any news on the gearbox reset function yet?

hi Crwoody,

If your referring to the clutch calibration (which is not really clutch calibration as its much more than that) after flashing the TCCM it should be ready beginning of this week.

Chris

Last edited by karpouzih on 1st Feb 2014 9:52 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #12284211st Feb 2014 8:18 am
crwoody

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Chris, my apologies, I used the wrong word, I meant to say "Adaptive Reset", which as far as I understand is the function to reset the auto gearbox "driving style" memory?
 Clive

Post #12284591st Feb 2014 9:46 am
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

Ah!,

Adaptive reset is a generic term. It covers all of these , lets call them, specialty functions. Including the gearbox. After this latest launch we have a few additions currently in the pipeline for the next week or so, and then the plan is to have a closer look at the entire list and see what is needed.

Chris

Post #12284631st Feb 2014 9:50 am
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Will update today and have a look at the instrument mode, are we anywhere near live values yet Chris?
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #12284651st Feb 2014 9:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

Hiya Beanie, nice to hear form you bud.

The instrument mode does display live values from the engine ECU... did i misunderstand? Confused

Post #12284671st Feb 2014 9:54 am
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Cool, no that's what I was after, I want to see boost pressure Thumbs Up
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #12284691st Feb 2014 9:57 am
DiscoNels

United States 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

So where is Key FOB programming in that list of To Do's? End of the line or Front of the line?
 1998 Discovery LSE - Gold, 249,000+ miles, completely stock
2007 Range Rover SC - White, 63,000 mi
2006 Discovery 3 HSE - Locking E-Diff, Rover Specialties rock sliders, 275/65/18 Cooper STT PRO, LLAMS suspension controller, LR Expedition Roof Rack. Asfir Rear Diff, Tactical 4x4 (Gas Tank Skid, Rear Bumper, and Front Bumper w/12K winch), Traxide Split Charge System, Overland Solar + Lensun Solar panels
BBS Nanocom Evolution and Gap Diagnostics IID BT Tool 

Post #12286441st Feb 2014 3:47 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Key programming is certainly not that far from the front of the line DiscoNels, however the front of the line can be a little dynamic so we certainly cannot give any kind of time line for this.

What i can say is what I am quite sure that many will have already noticed for themselves, in that over the four and a half working weeks since we released the first ever CAN BUS coverage capability on the Nanocom Evolution platform, the BBS team have produced around half a dozen upgrades that have solved many problems, mostly not of our making and have also introduced additional functions.

There are reasons for this fast paced development i will not bore you with, however i do fully expect that the pace will not slow down any time soon.

Everyone knows who we are, what we do, our long history and more importantly our capability for providing nothing but the best, most capable and most Diagnostic equipment you can get for Land Rover Vehicles

So me and my team are very much on an absolute mission to make the Nanocom Evolution the undesputed must have Diagnostic for D3 and D4 owners at it's price point, just as it currently is for D2 owners.

However at the same time we also want to make it the most advanced and easiest to use system there is, with the most amount of self intelligence. Thats actually why it has taken us so long to introduce it.

For example we could happily put a function in with a button that when pressed resets the adaptive learn on the Automatic gearbox, but what if someone with a manual gearbox tries to use this. We could add in an Auto V manual detect function in the App that would throw up an error, but we would rather do it before and only provide the button if the system is connected to an Automatic Gearbox equipped vehicle.

It is certainly going to be a very interesting year, and all i can say is watch this space Thumbs Up

Post #12287051st Feb 2014 5:15 pm
maplecottage

beanie wrote:
Cool, no that's what I was after, I want to see boost pressure Thumbs Up

Beanie - have you got Boost Pressure readings on your 'Instrument' display ?? Mine is running the latest v1.24 and my Boost Pressure reads 0 Big Cry

I've dropped a line to BBS via the forum in case it is a general fault Whistle

Steve
Thumbs Up

Post #12932964th Jun 2014 3:49 pm
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

Hi Guys,

We amended this input which should actually show boost pressure actuator bank1 as a % and not boost pressure in bar. However the valid range declared by Land Rover is between 0-2% so we added two decimal points to the display as well, so your "0" will come up as "0.67".

This will be included in the next release coming soon!

Cheers,

Chris
 http://nanocom-diagnostics.com/
http://nanocom.blackbox-solutions.com/index.php/forum/index
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/ 

Post #12936125th Jun 2014 6:52 am
maplecottage

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Look forward to it Chris - any ideas re the timetable for release ??

Steve

Post #12936435th Jun 2014 8:03 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >