DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Navigation system crashing ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bornslippy

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Navigation system crashing ?

Hi
My HSE is now a week old and I've had a couple of minor problems but the most annoying has been with the navigation system. For a start it has lousy ergonomics, at least compared with my old Volvo nav system and my wife's TomTom, but I expect that I will get used to it. On one occasion it simply refused to navigate any further. About half way from Southampton to Manchester I took a different turning from the one recommended and it refused to update the route, with the screen frozen. Nothing would persuade it to recover until I turned off the motorway into a service station and rebooted the car. When it came back up it still claimed that it was "unable to navigate to destination" or something similar. Confused So I reset it to default settings and all was well again. Before anyone asks, no, I wasn't going anywhere particularly isolated ie which might require a ferry/restricted road/toll/car train etc. Perhaps something to do with tmc dynamic navigation ? Was it nervous about travelling North of Birmingham ? Laughing
Anyone else seen this ?

Post #23819829th Dec 2007 1:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have you got the country set to GB? (for some reason the default is Belgium), other than that, the disc may be faulty or scratched

Post #23822629th Dec 2007 2:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >