Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Nearside Front Lower Radius Arm Rubber Bush
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Nearside Front Lower Radius Arm Rubber Bush

Took my March 05 SE to a local LR loving garage for its 2nd MOT on Monday of this week. I told them that it was booked in for its 4th annual (B) service at a main dealer next week and that the extended LR warranty was in its last few weeks so over and above the requirements of the MOT test they thoroughly checked everything under the vehicle for anything that looked as if it was on its way out.

The only thing they found was some significant movement on the nearside front lower radius arm rubber bush in comparison to the movement of the bush on the offside. They still issued the MOT and asked me if it would help with the main dealer if they noted what they'd found as an advisory!

Is this something I'm going to have an argument with the main dealer about next week to get it fixed under warranty? Also, although there's currently no movement on the offside bush, should both sides be rectified?
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #42166714th Feb 2009 1:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

If it where me I would do both as a pair.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #42167014th Feb 2009 1:05 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
al cope

England 

tried this on mine - was told it was wear and tear and LR wouldnt do it.

give it a try though.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #42176214th Feb 2009 12:47 pm
philhunt

How many miles had yours done when you had the argument over fixing under warranty Al? Mine's just on 36k.

Excessive movement is normally an MOT failure and mine would probably have failed at another station. If it had failed the Warranty MOT guarantee would kick in.
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #42189214th Feb 2009 6:00 pm
al cope

England 

Phil - 59k, and like you, it didnt fail its MOT beacuse of it.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #42221915th Feb 2009 10:14 am
philhunt

How much did they stripe you up to fix it?

Post #42227115th Feb 2009 12:19 pm
al cope

England 

I've just left it. so now not sure they werent trying to fish for some work.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #42233515th Feb 2009 4:24 pm
adam

United Kingdom 

Same with mine at 74K - LRA would not stump up - wear and tear
Even tried claiming as MOT failure - not interested
Bunch of tossers.............

Post #42234115th Feb 2009 5:00 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There is an implied admission of failure due to poor design. LR re-designed the whole lower contol arm. There is a new part number so they should do both.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #42274115th Feb 2009 11:36 pm
philhunt

That's really helpful - I'd rather not have an argument with the Stealer on Tuesday about warranty - I don't suppose there's a TB I can quote at them is there? The car's almost 4 year's old but at 36,000 miles it's hardly high mileage for its year and any wear and tear defence is a bit weak in my view.

Post #42274715th Feb 2009 11:44 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Can't find the TSB.

The new part Nos are:

Part Nos of new bits:

RBK500230
RBK500240
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #42280116th Feb 2009 12:44 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >