Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

wiggs wrote:
phurley wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback already.

Hidden winch mount

A) How much clearance on other hidden mounts is there between the intercooler and tray?
B) Has anyway tried to integrate the crash bumper with the tray? Corollary: Does the tray interfere with airbag deployment?
C) On one of wiggs photos the fairlead seems to be mounted a good distance from the tray on two threaded studs or bolts (1/2"?). It seems that if the cable were pulling at a steep angle against the fairlead that it might bend in that direction. Has anyone with this setup had that happen? Does that seem likely? 7000 lbs is alot of force especially through a deflection angle... It's one thing to replace a fairlead and completely another to replace a wraparound bumper. Very Happy
D) If I use a Optima yellow-top (750 CCA) as a second battery, shouldn't I connect the winch to the second battery instead of the starter? Optima advises using the yellow top for electric winching applications.

Thanks again guys,
Peter

A..About 20mm on mine.
B..No , not tryed to intergrate the crash bumper..i would suspect the hidden mount is stronger than the original bumper..although not as long.Crash sensors are mounted much higher than the bumper , there under the headlights on the front ..i have pictures if it helps.
C..Mine are two threaded M10 bar , about 90mm from the mount.I can stand on the hawse fairlead (without the bumper cover in place ) with no problem.
I have not used mine in anger yet so time will tell.Chris Tylers is the same ( i think) and i have seen his being used a few times with no problem.
Also would it be advisable to use any winch with such a deflection angle ?
D...don't know ..mine is connected direct to the battery.

Hope this helps

phurley

I have just been out and mesured the threaded bar ...its not 90mm it is 50 mm ...so even better Very Happy
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #19709930th Aug 2007 3:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >