Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Never understood the following (JLR showroom)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

2006 I went into BMW Bath to buy a new 5 series estate. I was dressed casually in jeans and trainers looking pretty ordinary. I let reception know that I was there to buy a car, sat down and was ignored. I finally went and found a sales guy who was totally disinterested in dealing with me and played lip service to me. I felt totally undervalued, left and went to Audi where I was treated with respect and hence bought a Quattro Avant.

However, a new job in 2007 meant I had to sell the Audi and I got a company car which meant dealing with BMW again. I've never met such an arrogant and entitled bunch as those that were in the dealership at the time. Never bought a BMW since.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #236000125th Jan 2024 5:28 pm
Journeyman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Funny you should say that Moo... in a past life I worked for a Management Consultancy and we won a piece of work with BMW because they were concerned about their customer service and the poor feedback they received from customers post sale/service and from the focus groups they ran.

We reviewed their own research (including watching hours of video of focus groups), conducted our own mystery shopper visits and had a lot of specific evidence that confirmed this.

We put together a strategy and a roll out for a training program rolled out across every dealer network in the uk - all signed off by senior directors. Just before we rolled it out, the suddenly denied they had a customer service problem, disputed their own evidence from customer feedback/focus groups and then proceeded to completely take our program apart so that it didn't meet the brief to sort the problem they now denied they had.

Cutting a very long story very short, they refused to pay us because we hadn't delivered and after a lot of back and forth for months, we agreed to never speak to one another again!

They were the worst company I ever worked for or with.

On the plus side, I did get to sit in the very first Z8 in the country although I wasn't allowed to drive it. Very Happy
 Cheers,

Jez

Discovery 3 HSE Stornaway Grey
MY 2008 2.7 TDV6

Discovery 2 2003 - gone 

Post #236000225th Jan 2024 6:10 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Moo wrote:
2006 I went into BMW Bath to buy a new 5 series estate. I was dressed casually in jeans and trainers looking pretty ordinary. I let reception know that I was there to buy a car, sat down and was ignored. I finally went and found a sales guy who was totally disinterested in dealing with me and played lip service to me. I felt totally undervalued, left and went to Audi where I was treated with respect and hence bought a Quattro Avant.

I think it must depend on the individual dealership and sales staff. I had almost the same experience in an Audi dealership in 2008. Totally ignored basically. Was after an R8.(actually on a company scheme, but they weren't to know that). Recent experience of the same Audi dealership but on a new site in 2021 was very different. Q7 that time.
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #236000325th Jan 2024 6:18 pm
pjm-84

Ukraine 

Landrover and BMW for me.

Actually Audi were very good. Gave me a car for 24hrs so I bought one.

Post #236000525th Jan 2024 6:29 pm
V8man

Ukraine 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Yup thats what i thought Thud
EDIT : this was a reply to an earlier post on this thread didn't notice it had 2 pages !!! Looks out of context now .
 1996 Defender -died (now in landrover heavenšŸ˜‡)chassis to ashes , rust to dust !
2004 Defender td5 gone
2012 Evoque gone
2007 D3 V8 HSE 

Last edited by V8man on 26th Jan 2024 2:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #236000625th Jan 2024 6:49 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

BMW dealerā€¦. Seems to be a clear pattern here Whistle

Wanted to test drive a 3-series around 2003 or so. Went to the dealer, explained to a sales person that Iā€™m allowed to get a nice company car, Iā€™ve read the brochures, Iā€™ve surfed the internet, this is the config Iā€™d like because I think it looks nice and could they please let me test drive one. Well, I got told that they couldnā€™t because first one had to be indoctrinated into the BMW brand and value and they simply canā€™t give a test drive vehicle to anyone off the street. After some more talking they didnā€™t believe a young gentleman could afford the vehicle and that was that. ā€œOk thenā€, I thought, went to the Mercedes-Benz dealer (whose vehicles I had also looked at, configured, etc.) where a nice sales guy asked for a business card and pretty much threw me the keys to a C-series sport coupe without any talk about indoctrination or other monkey business. They let me have it for the whole weekend and I ordered it on Monday after the girlfriend (at the time, wife nowadays) had also given a provisional ok.

Havenā€™t looked at BMWs since and will certainly never buy one.

Post #236001325th Jan 2024 9:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >